Matrix Games Forums

To End All Wars Releasing on Steam! Slitherine is recruiting: Programmers requiredPandora: Eclipse of Nashira gets release dateCommunity impressions of To End All WarsAgeod's To End All Wars is now availableTo End All Wars is now available!Deal of the Week: Field of GloryTo End All Wars: Video, AAR and Interview!Ageod's To End All Wars: Video, AAR and Interview!To End All Wars: Artillery
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Completed my first full 1914 Campaign.

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Commander - The Great War >> Completed my first full 1914 Campaign. Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Completed my first full 1914 Campaign. - 11/21/2012 6:50:41 PM   
stormbringer3

I want to say what a great game! After many, many tries I was finally able to win as the Central Powers. I have some observations now having played through the entire campaign. I seems strange to be able to take the entire Bulgarian Army and move it to France to fight. I can't picture Bulgaria doing this. Should there be a requirement for a country to maintain some of its forces at home? Submarine warfare which was such a big issue seemed ineffective so I never built another submarine. Therefore the U.S. was never a factor. Finally, artillery is very powerful. Perhaps too much?
Now to start a new 1914 Campaign playing the Entente Allies.
Congratulations to the entire team who crafted this game.
Post #: 1
RE: Completed my first full 1914 Campaign. - 11/21/2012 7:04:16 PM   
Hideous

Ironically subs are very good, if you are playing Entente. The german convoy always goes through the same spot.

But as Central Powers they seem not really worth it. I rarely find convoys and if I manage to find one when moving around, chances are I am too far away from it to fire and next turn its gone again and I need to guess again where it stopped. I rather use the pp to upgrade ammo production than waste on subs.

(in reply to stormbringer3)
Post #: 2
RE: Completed my first full 1914 Campaign. - 11/21/2012 7:13:15 PM   
stormbringer3

I've read about the Allied subs being able to do that and I'm going to pass on this tactic until the AI is able to randomize that convoy.

(in reply to Hideous)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Commander - The Great War >> Completed my first full 1914 Campaign. Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI