how to Launch amphibious assaults

Time of Fury spans the whole war in Europe and gives players the opportunity to control all types of units, ground, air and naval. Not only that, each player will be able to pick a single country or selection of countries and fight his way against either the AI or in multiplayer in hotseat or Play by E-Mail. This innovative multiplayer feature will give player the chance to fight bigger scenarios against many opponents, giving the game a strategic angle that has no equal in the market. The game uses Slitherine’s revolutionary PBEM++ server system.

Moderator: doomtrader

StukaJU87

how to Launch amphibious assaults

Post by StukaJU87 »

Can someone please give me some advice. Whenever I try to launch an amphibious transport from my landing craft I see no option to actually land on any coastal area. In the manual it says i should be able to land in any coastal area. I'm at war with Norway and am trying to land on any coast grid or port and whether I click move fleet or disembark nothing happens, is there some separate option to click on for amphibious assault I don't see?. My units just stay in the landing craft.Should landing areas be highlighted or something? I'm not trying to do a sea transport which works fine. I paid the AIP's for the amphibous transport option. Any help please?
gwgardner

RE: how to Launch amphibious assaults

Post by gwgardner »

Not all coastal hexes can be assaulted. You should indeed see the allowable locations highlighted.

The amphibious unit cannot disembark the same turn it moves to the sea zone.

Razz1

Post by Razz1 »

Also, there are very few hexes you can invade Norway.

I believe it is only the cities and one other location on the map.
Rasputitsa

Post by Rasputitsa »

I am away from home right now, but in the latest game version (depends which one you are using), F9, or F10, shows up the hexes where landings can be made. You can make this check before you commit your forces to sea.[:)]
"In politics stupidity is not a handicap" - Napoleon

“A people which is able to say everything becomes able to do everything” - Napoleon

“Among those who dislike oppression are many who like to oppress" - Napoleon

Return to “Time of Fury”