Matrix Games Forums

Pandora: Eclipse of Nashira is now availableDistant Worlds Gets another updateHell is Approaching Deal of the Week Battle Academy Battle Academy 2 Out now!Legions of Steel ready for betaBattle Academy 2 gets trailers and Steam page!Deal of the Week Germany at WarSlitherine Group acquires Shenandoah StudioNew information and screenshots for Pike & Shot
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

A question or two

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat Series >> Close Combat: Panthers in the Fog >> A question or two Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
A question or two - 11/21/2012 2:57:06 AM   
csozhukov

So I've bought and downloaded Panthers in the Fog.

I'm not new to close combat - i've owned every game in the series (with the exception of the one the RAF developed) and I was genuinely excited about this release.

First mission on the grand campaign playing as the Americans.

The germans don't move for 15 minutes - literally.

Then they finally take one VC right beside their deployment zone. Next mission is much the same with the AI not really doing anything, however on the third after I decide to go on the offensive (even though i'm meant to be defending) they start running two small teams along some roads which are quickly dealt with.

Asides from that, I'm not sure I like having the team listing along the top left hand side. I much preferred it along the bottom, for some reason I feel it is harder to select the teams I want and always have to spend a moment trying to work out which one it is that I want.

Also I used to like having a larger soldier monitor at the side - again, personal preference.

I noted that when an enemy team is wiped out the name flashes as normal - perhaps when an enemy team is knocked out you could add KIA beside i'ts name?

On the plus side you have got the mortars spot on!

As for the fog - yes it is annoying but then again the game is called Panthers in the Fog. I think you may want to consider an option to remove it or as one other person suggested it may be good to have it appear at the beginning and then fade away.

Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat Series >> Close Combat: Panthers in the Fog >> A question or two Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI