mulitiplayer game

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.
viperdave

mulitiplayer game

Post by viperdave »

Does the multiplayer part of the game work? i was in the room with two others and click on one of their names and click host-- gost message connection with other player but thats it -- i had to cont alt del to get out of the game. i then went back to multiplayer room and click on someones name and click join and the same thing happened.
dave
SteveMcClaire

RE: mulitiplayer game

Post by SteveMcClaire »

When you click Host or Join you should get a message that your offer / request has been sent to the other player.  The other player will be shown a message that you have offered to play against them.  They need to either confirm or decline the offer.  If they don't do anything it will time out, but you need to wait for a minute or so.

You can hit ENTER to post text chat messages to the lobby.  You can use this to see if someone wants to play (or is even at their keyboard at that moment) before you offer them a game.

Dowly

Post by Dowly »

Me and my mate started the GC on release and we've had plenty of problems with the MP portion of the game.

The biggest issue we have is disconnection when the host (me) is sending data after loading a saved game,
which is followed by going back to lobby and an error message & CTD when I try to host again.

Also, sometimes, when I try to host, my opponent doesnt get the invite, yet in my screen it says "Connecting to your opponent" or something like that.

If possible, abort function should be added, as atm I need to force quit the game everytime something goes wrong with our MP game.

EDIT: Oh and these issues seem to be pretty random, we have gotten to play a few games (3 or 4 IIRC).
SteveMcClaire

Post by SteveMcClaire »

The "Connecting to Opponent" message will time out if your opponent doesn't respond   Your opponent should see a dialog box asking them to confirm that they want to join your game during this time.

When you say the game disconnects, what are you seeing on the host side, and (if you know) what is the joining player seeing on their side?  Has your (host) game finished sending the game data?  Do you know if the joining player has started to receive it, or has finished receiving it? And you both are automatically sent back to the lobby?

Thanks,

Steve

VonManstein

Post by VonManstein »

I’m an old player of the CC Series. I have the whole collection of this game. I´ve just bought the new one, PidF. I think that it´s a really good new game, but I disagree with the new multiplayer system, because now, it´s impossible to have a directly connection between players, via IP. Slitherine oblies us to play in its lobby game, that furthermore, it doesn´t work well, with a very slow data transmission, with lag, the game stops during seconds (frozen) and cuts the transmission. Moreover, if the lobby game would disappear on day, it´ll be impossible to play in multiplayer.
I would be very thankful if you could solve this question in order to re-establish the older option of CC.
Thank you very much indeep
Best regards,

"Si vis pacem, para bellum"

Return to “Tech Support”