Matrix Games Forums

Happy Easter!Battle Academy is now available on SteamPlayers compare Ageods Civil War to Civil War IIDeal of the week - An updated War in the East goes half Price!Sign up for the Qvadriga beta for iPad and Android!Come and say hi at Pax and SaluteLegends of War goes on sale!Piercing Fortress Europa Gets UpdatedBattle Academy Mega Pack is now availableClose Combat: Gateway to Caen Teaser Trailer
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

EF game

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command Ops Series >> EF game Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
EF game - 11/20/2012 4:58:37 AM   
Deathtreader

Hi Arjuna,

Did you at one point indicate that some type of sequential tasking may be in place for the new EF game?? Or was I dreaming??

More specifically, if you play as Germans in Assault on the Sauer and give all 3 bridge building capable units individual orders the engine will not allow you to place any orders on the far of the river as there is no way to cross without the yet to be built bridges. That further means that only after a bridge is finished can I even issue orders to begin movement. With orders delay this could mean many many hours on top of the build time right?? But if the building estimate is 10 hours for the bridges why can't I be allowed to issue move orders with a start time of say 11 hours after the est completion time?? Isn't that closer to what would actually happen??

Rob.

So we're at war with the Russkies eh?? I suppose we really ought to invade or something. (Lonnnng pause while studying the map)
Hmmmm... big place ain't it??
- Sir Harry Flashman (1854)
Post #: 1
RE: EF game - 11/20/2012 5:22:32 AM   
Arjuna

Rob,

Re Sequential Tasking. This is one of my personal high priority tasks to do but I can't say when this will get implemented. For the East Front game we have to implement Soviet Doctrine first.

Re orders delay and bridge construction. I acknowledge the limitations this places. Once we have sequential tasking we can link the subsequent Move to the construction and then we can ignore the orders delay. In the meantime, the best I can recommend is that you issue Move orders to Bn sized groups for the subsequent Move to minimise the delay.

Dave "Arjuna" O'Connor
www.panthergames.com

(in reply to Deathtreader)
Post #: 2
RE: EF game - 11/22/2012 4:37:59 AM   
Deathtreader

OK.

Thanks!

Rob.

So we're at war with the Russkies eh?? I suppose we really ought to invade or something. (Lonnnng pause while studying the map)

(in reply to Arjuna)
Post #: 3
RE: EF game - 12/5/2012 12:58:10 AM   
vandorenp

When playing I get around this by issuing move orders to the bridge site with a start time that would put the unit approaching the bridge at about the time of completion. When bridge done I move the move objective to the other side of the river. The re-planning seems to go quickly. Of course it is a pain to have to monitor this. At the operational level a commander would not have to concern his or herself with this.

Keydet

(in reply to Arjuna)
Post #: 4
RE: EF game - 12/5/2012 4:30:53 AM   
Deathtreader

quote:

ORIGINAL: vandorenp

When playing I get around this by issuing move orders to the bridge site with a start time that would put the unit approaching the bridge at about the time of completion. When bridge done I move the move objective to the other side of the river. The re-planning seems to go quickly. Of course it is a pain to have to monitor this. At the operational level a commander would not have to concern his or herself with this.

Nice tip!

Thanks!

Rob.

(in reply to vandorenp)
Post #: 5
RE: EF game - 12/5/2012 3:12:00 PM   
phoenix

I think they probably would concern themselves with it, vandorenp, given it's absolutely cruscial to this operation. If I were the commander I would certainly have my HQ right there at one of the bridges, I think. Not that this changes your point.....

(in reply to Deathtreader)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command Ops Series >> EF game Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI