But remember a few other things:
1) A German regiment = a Soviet division in strength and organization.
2) The old 3:1 adage really held up well in WWII - so three divisions (one corps) is about what is needed for the 3:1 manpower mark on the attack against a single regiment.
3) Both the Germans and Soviets typically used formations with only 50-60% TOE throughout the war so about equivalent manpower is still present.
1. A SHC division has higher CV then a GHC regiment and same goes for GHC divisions vs SHC Corps. Guess you have not seen a SHC Corp in 43. A higher CV and lower Morale and exp.
So not historical at all. There is nothing equal about it.
2. The Germans were out numbered in 41-42. The russians had better equipment also. Again ignoring history does not change it.
3. Ignoring the historical fact that the Germans generally attacked with even odds or worse and vs an enemy with better equipment doesn't prove anything other then your ignoring history.
4. The only large formations cut off and forced to surrender were russians during the 41/42 blizzard.
Lets stick to history and not Middle Earth history.
In game CV doent reflex history at all.
If you go by history GHC formations should have 3x the value of SHC formations.
They should not have lower values.
Wite should reflex history not be tring to rewrite it.
Historical losses on Eastern front, only includes KIA,MIA,WIA
3rd551,0002,795,000-5 to 1
1st280,0001,686,000-6 to 1
2nd220,0001,395,000-6.3 to 1
3rd383,0002,371,000-6 to 1
4th177,0001,281,000-7.2 to 1
1st498,0001,908,0003.8 to 1
2nd110,000444,000-4 to 1
3rd533,0002,633,000-5 to 1
4th381,0001,939,000-5 to 1
1st423,0001,859,000-4.4 to 1
2nd352,0001,021,000-3 to 1
3rd879,0001,771,000-2 to 1
4th297,0001,086,000-3.6 to 1
< Message edited by Pelton -- 11/26/2012 11:23:15 AM >
Beta Tester WitW & WitE