Screen Captures

Time of Fury spans the whole war in Europe and gives players the opportunity to control all types of units, ground, air and naval. Not only that, each player will be able to pick a single country or selection of countries and fight his way against either the AI or in multiplayer in hotseat or Play by E-Mail. This innovative multiplayer feature will give player the chance to fight bigger scenarios against many opponents, giving the game a strategic angle that has no equal in the market. The game uses Slitherine’s revolutionary PBEM++ server system.

Moderator: doomtrader

Omnius

Screen Captures

Post by Omnius »

I've been trying to get a screen capture of the game to send to a friend but can not get the screen capture to work properly. I read the Windows instructions carefully and have tried numerous times to make it work but so far I haven't been able to get a screen capture to last to paste into Paint, all I get is a black screen. Outside of the game I can make screen captures work just fine. Is there some trick to getting a screen capture working in Windows 7 and ToF?
Omnius
doomtrader

RE: Screen Captures

Post by doomtrader »

Hi Omnius.

I'm pretty sure that the screen can be captured with FRAPS in full screen mode.

In windowed mode you can use standard print screen
gwgardner

Post by gwgardner »

I use irfanview to do screen captures in ToF. It's freeware.

You can also simply click on your Print Screen button, then go into Paint, and do a ctrl-v.

Rasputitsa

Post by Rasputitsa »

I find screen shots are useful in playing the game, using 'Print Screen' with 'MS Paint' or 'FRAPS' (a free download). You play a country turn (e.g. Britain) and send out air recce missions, reveal some of the enemy positions, but when you come to an allied country turn (e.g. US) FOW is back and you are back to square one.

I keep a file of screens from the important fronts to refer to, each turn, so I don't have to waste resources doing recce again. [:)]
"In politics stupidity is not a handicap" - Napoleon

“A people which is able to say everything becomes able to do everything” - Napoleon

“Among those who dislike oppression are many who like to oppress" - Napoleon
Omnius

Post by Omnius »

doomtrader,
Thanks so much for the windowed mode suggestion. I was able to change to windowed mode, which I never used before, and was able to easily do the print screen capture to save a picture in Paint that I sent to my friend. I never would use that mode to play the game in as the window is small on my 27" screen. But it does give me a way to do print screens without wasting hard drive space on some other program.
Thanks!

Omnius [:D]
Omnius

Post by Omnius »

doomtrader,
One thing I noticed in the Windowed mode was that I saw the opening video for the first time. I couldn't get it working in full screen mode after downloading DivX, then just uninstalled DivX.

Best of all I got curious about the resolutions after changing back to full screen mode and discovered the best resolution of 1920-1200 gives me a full screen of game. At the default 1024-768 mode I had the old 4x3 aspect ratio, in 1920-1200 I get 16x9 aspect ratio. Even if a few screens look a little stretched the map looks great and now fills my 27"iMac screen. I'd think that the default screen resolution should be set higher than 1024-768, that's so EGA time.
Omnius

Return to “Time of Fury”