Matrix Games Forums

To End All Wars: Artillery Battle Academy 2: Eastern Front - End of Early Access Space Program Manager unveils its multiplayer modes Another update for Commander: The Great War!Distant Worlds: Universe gets a new updateDeal of the Week: Eagle Day to Bombing the Reich Advanced Tactics Gold is coming to SteamMatrix Games now speaks German!A little bit of history with To End All WarsBattle Academy 2 gets a release date!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

clarifications

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds Series >> clarifications Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
clarifications - 11/19/2012 5:24:59 AM   
Cruis.In

There are some things I am still learning. If I set no victory conditions and play sandbox style, does this affect the AI in terms of it being passive? I started a game on hard/restless. But so far no one has declared war on me, not even the most aggressive race. The only wars I've had have been the ones I have started.

Does not assigning victory conditions for the AI mean they will be inherently less aggressive? Because they have no ultimate goals?
Post #: 1
RE: clarifications - 11/19/2012 10:53:00 AM   
adecoy95

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cruis.In

There are some things I am still learning. If I set no victory conditions and play sandbox style, does this affect the AI in terms of it being passive? I started a game on hard/restless. But so far no one has declared war on me, not even the most aggressive race. The only wars I've had have been the ones I have started.

Does not assigning victory conditions for the AI mean they will be inherently less aggressive? Because they have no ultimate goals?

i highly highly doubt it affects the ai like that, but i suppose its possible, i have never noticed a difference personally.

(in reply to Cruis.In)
Post #: 2
RE: clarifications - 11/19/2012 2:21:10 PM   
Cruis.In

maybe just have not pissed off the more aggressive races yet.

What's the hardest game you've ever played or can setup, without purposely disadvantaging yourself. Meaning your even technologically etc, but the AI is just super smart. Like don't end a war he is winning heehe.

maybe someone who designed it could chime in. the victory conditions might be off but they must still be following some goal. surely they wont adopt a leave me alone i leave you alone strategy.

< Message edited by Cruis.In -- 11/19/2012 2:37:50 PM >

(in reply to adecoy95)
Post #: 3
RE: clarifications - 11/19/2012 5:58:22 PM   
Bingeling

If you are too strong they won't attack. This could easily be your problem.

(in reply to Cruis.In)
Post #: 4
RE: clarifications - 11/20/2012 1:05:29 AM   
Cruis.In

how does one not get strong? lol

(in reply to Bingeling)
Post #: 5
RE: clarifications - 11/25/2012 5:25:11 AM   
Cruis.In

my construction ships seem to love asteroid fields. Right now Ive got like 10 mining stations in 2 different asteroid fields. this a bug? Or is that really help ful in some way?

thats all private maintenance right? 55 mining stations eh

< Message edited by Cruis.In -- 11/25/2012 5:28:44 AM >

(in reply to Cruis.In)
Post #: 6
RE: clarifications - 11/25/2012 11:39:44 AM   
martok

quote:

my construction ships seem to love asteroid fields. Right now Ive got like 10 mining stations in 2 different asteroid fields. this a bug? Or is that really help ful in some way?

Well steel is often in high demand whenever I play, and asteroids tend to be a rich source for that. So it's probably just anticipating your future needs.

"Evil is easy, and has infinite forms." -- Pascal

(in reply to Cruis.In)
Post #: 7
RE: clarifications - 11/25/2012 1:04:18 PM   
ASHBERY76

I control the construction ships queue in peacetime to stop overbuilding.I only automate when at war.

(in reply to martok)
Post #: 8
RE: clarifications - 11/25/2012 2:57:07 PM   
Cruis.In

lol ok thanks

(in reply to ASHBERY76)
Post #: 9
RE: clarifications - 11/26/2012 3:13:32 PM   
Shark7

quote:

how does one not get strong? lol

Personally I just go ahead and attack them myself. Then again, I'm a conquerer, not a diplomat.

One way to not get to strong is to either not design your own ships, or not build many of them. The downside to that is you get a beat down from the other alien races.

Distant Worlds Fan

'When in doubt...attack!'

(in reply to Cruis.In)
Post #: 10
RE: clarifications - 11/26/2012 8:35:54 PM   
Cruis.In

you sure do lol

ive got better at getting strong quickly. I can now grow my economy faster.

And an alien nation can have 10 colonies and I have one....doesnt help them. Because colonies develop slowly.

(in reply to Shark7)
Post #: 11
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds Series >> clarifications Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI