From: Vermont, USA
1) Make space ports give a bonus to defenders if planet is invaded. Its ridiculous that a 200 fighter space port gets invaded and it can't do anything once troops have landed. And to add insult to injury once the planet is conquered the space port switches allegiance. Troop transports could also have a bonus to attack if it orbits the planet. Or introduce a module that only targets troops and not civilians.
They already do give a bonus actually, if you invade a planet without destroying the space port first, the invading troops should take significant damage during the landing. The space port can of course destroy the attacking ships before they get to the planet too.
2) Fighter/Bombers. Either make a fighter/bomber unit as the last research in the fighter tree or give us the ability to change the ratio of fighter to bomber for all ships. As I understand it fighters are weaker than bombers. I don't need fighters I already have auto cannons and shields to protect against them.
You can already configure your fighter to bomber ratio on each carrier as far as I recall.
3) Paradox Interactive has a neat window on the top-right hand corner of screen that displays units that are engaged in battle. You guys can make one to display military ships or basses engaged in battle with enemy ships I'm at war with (not pirates). This window can also display treaties. The same way it does now. Hovering the mouse over it would display the yellow blinking circle we see and double clicking it would go to the system.
That could get quite busy, but it's a good suggestion.
4) Intercepting fleets and disrupt their warp with the gravity well projector. Or introduce another module that does that. Its annoying that I have to wait for the fleet to arrive and engage them in my territory or follow them around.
Not sure I understand the request here? You mean ship-mounted gravity well projectors?
5) In the expansion planer introduce a tab that lets us see the system the planet is located at. I like to sort by system and colonize the entire system.
Will add to the wish list.
6) Borders. Whats the point of having borders when military ships enter my territory. I don't want exploration ships getting the ships and ruins. If they want to enter they have to pay a fee or block them from entering. Its annoying that I have ships running around my territory. I was also thinking of building basses to increase influence. Building a base in a nearby system and over time that system joins my empire. Or alternatively give them an influence range (half that of a colony or smaller) and if that influence touches the empire influence that system joins the empire.
A border is just an imaginary line. If you want to defend your border in space and make it impervious, you need to invest in that. A line of space stations is a beginning, but it's definitely a significant expense. We reflected borders and spheres of influence the way we felt they would be in the vast area of space. You can't be everywhere, but with the right sensors and picket stations or ships you should know if someone enters your area of space. At the same time, your focus is on defending systems, not the spaces between them for the most part.