Matrix Games Forums

Command gets huge update!Order of Battle: Pacific Featured on Weekly Streaming SessionA new fight for Battle Academy!Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager is out for Mac!The definitive wargame of the Western Front is out now! War in the West gets teaser trailer and Twitch Stream!New Preview AAR for War in the West!War in the West Manual previewThe fight for Armageddon begins! The Matrix Holiday sales are starting today!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

HD Textures

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Scourge of War Series >> Tech Support >> HD Textures Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
HD Textures - 11/17/2012 7:11:28 PM   
Werewolf1326

Are there HD textures available for SOW: Gettysburg as a MOD? If so where can they be found?

I ask because I am running SOW at 1680X1050 resolution. The sprites used are very very pixelated as well as the ground textures.

Kind of annoying and I don't want to go to something like 1024X768 as on my HD monitor that would fill up about half the screen.

Maybe there's a solution other than Hi-Res textures? Is so what might it be?
Post #: 1
RE: HD Textures - 11/17/2012 10:27:09 PM   
Little Powell

Many people have noticed more crisp and higher defined graphics by increasing anti alias and anso in the sow ini file. I always keep mine at least 8 for both.

Open your SOWGB.ini file

Find the section that says [Initialization]. Set the Anti and Anso to 8. Example:

[Initialization]
Full Screen=0
Screen Res=5
AntiA=8
Anso=8

Edit: You can even go up to 16 if you like. I just changed to this and the graphics became even more crisp.

< Message edited by Little Powell -- 11/17/2012 10:28:43 PM >

(in reply to Werewolf1326)
Post #: 2
RE: HD Textures - 11/18/2012 1:53:20 PM   
Blond_Knight

Comparing SOW to TC2M it looks like the uniform textures in SOW are not as high res as those in TC2M. Was that a design decision to improve game performance and allow bigger battles?

(in reply to Little Powell)
Post #: 3
RE: HD Textures - 11/18/2012 2:44:08 PM   
Werewolf1326

quote:

ORIGINAL: Little Powell

Many people have noticed more crisp and higher defined graphics by increasing anti alias and anso in the sow ini file. I always keep mine at least 8 for both.

Open your SOWGB.ini file

Find the section that says [Initialization]. Set the Anti and Anso to 8. Example:

[Initialization]
Full Screen=0
Screen Res=5
AntiA=8
Anso=8

Edit: You can even go up to 16 if you like. I just changed to this and the graphics became even more crisp.

That's how I originally set them up. They're now both on 16 running thru an nvidia GTX 560.

Post #: 4
RE: HD Textures - 11/18/2012 3:36:09 PM   
Queeg

quote:

ORIGINAL: Blond_Knight

Comparing SOW to TC2M it looks like the uniform textures in SOW are not as high res as those in TC2M. Was that a design decision to improve game performance and allow bigger battles?

I've wondered the same thing myself. I'm surprised some talented modder hasn't taken a stab at improving the sprites.

(in reply to Blond_Knight)
Post #: 5
RE: HD Textures - 11/18/2012 8:52:07 PM   
Little Powell

The graphics for SOW are high res, they are exactly the same as tc2m. The dimensions are exactly the same, we removed all low res versions when we went to packed files method.

(in reply to Queeg)
Post #: 6
RE: HD Textures - 11/18/2012 9:47:02 PM   
Queeg

quote:

ORIGINAL: Little Powell

The graphics for SOW are high res, they are exactly the same as tc2m. The dimensions are exactly the same, we removed all low res versions when we went to packed files method.

Interesting. For some reason, though, they don't appear so. Perhaps it's just in comparison with the terrain.

Great game, though.

Post #: 7
RE: HD Textures - 11/18/2012 10:03:48 PM   
Garnier

TC2M units are only about 8% higher res than SOW. But they used more lighting for the renders which is mainly why they look sharper.

(in reply to Queeg)
Post #: 8
RE: HD Textures - 11/19/2012 12:51:39 AM   
Blond_Knight

Ah ok thanks for that explanation Garnier, makes sense.

(in reply to Garnier)
Post #: 9
RE: HD Textures - 11/19/2012 1:06:08 AM   
**budd**

how about a screen shot side by side with new and old settings.

Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must. ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

(in reply to Blond_Knight)
Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Scourge of War Series >> Tech Support >> HD Textures Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI