More on LCU Fragments

Post bug reports and ask for help with other issues here.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

Gary D

More on LCU Fragments

Post by Gary D »

Michael M,

Hello Michael I am seeing LCU fragment issues similar to those discussed in other topics below from Grey Joy and Capt. Cliff. In my case I started a Babes Lite game last week against Allied vs AI and had a problem with the convoys in India that are pre-loaded at the scenario start.

Specifically the 46th Indian Brigade starts loaded on 6 ships at Karachi headed for Rangoon. I changed the destination to Karachi and had the convoy unload where it started. The results were a tiny parent fragment consisting of 3 mechanized support devices and the remainder in a large fragment labeled /3.

I fast forwarded turns through a week and they would not recombine.

This afternoon after reading the threads from the other folks here on the forums I started a scenario one test game allied vs the AI and took all 3 convoys that start pre-loaded in India and had them unload where they started at. I am attaching a file with the results. The 46th fragmented permanently again. So did the 45th Indian in Goa, but the 44th Indian unloaded normally in Goa as did the 48th Ghurka in Bombay.

I hope this helps track down this gremlin.
All tests done with the latest beta.

Thanks again for all the effort you have put into making this the premier war game that it is.

All the best!
Gary D
Attachments
wpae009.zip
(2.32 MiB) Downloaded 5 times
Gary D

RE: More on LCU Fragments

Post by Gary D »

Michael,

I had missed 120.A and the preceeding post done with 120.

I ran more tests with 120.A and had the same issue in test games using the pre-loaded convoys in India.

Attached is a file from 120.A showing the 46th Indian Brigade in Karachi fragmented and unable to combine. In a few of these quick run tests the 46th would unload into /2 /3 fragments with no parent at all.

Regards,
Gary
Attachments
wpae010.zip
(2.31 MiB) Downloaded 6 times
michaelm75au

Post by michaelm75au »

I think I have found the issue. If the parent portion unloads in one turn, it gets 'lost' and does swap with the biggest fragment.
I fixed this earlier in the beta, but the fix apparently only affected Amphib unloading by the looks of it.
I have added a similar thing to the normal unload process that 'kills' the parent once its size is 0. This then allows the normal unit swapping to happen.

Interestingly, if you loaded the end of turn save, it corrects the error and allows the parent to be swapped. This was probably hiding the issue from me - it was showing unrelated fragments but when I loaded save it was okay.[&:]
Michael
michaelm75au

Post by michaelm75au »

I have updated the beta 1120b with the additional check
Michael
PaxMondo

Post by PaxMondo »

Michael,

Thanks for ongoing terrific support!!!

[&o][&o][&o]