Matrix Games Forums

Characters of World War 1Sign of for the Pike and Shot Beta!More Games are Coming to Steam! Deal of the Week: Combat Command Return to the Moon on October 31st! Commander: The Great War iPad Wallpapers Generals of the Great WarDeal of the Week Panzer CorpsNew Strategy Titles Join the FamilyTablet Version of Qvadriga gets new patch
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Carnageinc Central Powers AAR

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Commander - The Great War >> After Action Reports >> RE: Carnageinc Central Powers AAR Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Carnageinc Central Powers AAR - 11/17/2012 2:19:51 PM   
warspite1

quote:

ORIGINAL: CarnageINC

quote:

ORIGINAL: Myrddraal

This is developing into a really exciting game.

Yes, it can feel like a waste to buy anything but the best, but garrison units come in very handy when you're on the back foot.

For example, you have a near solid line of infantry units in the north of the eastern front. At least half of those units could be garrisons, and you would be holding the line. That would save precious PPs that you could use to build infantry units to counter attack against their breakthrough.

A very delicate balance to purchasing garrison and infantry formations indeed.
warspite1

Infantry are sooo much more expensive, but having that unit that you KNOW can attack and get you out of a hole is a good feeling....

England expects that every man will do his duty - Horatio Nelson 1805.

(in reply to CarnageINC)
Post #: 61
RE: Carnageinc Central Powers AAR - 11/17/2012 2:25:21 PM   
CarnageINC

quote:

ORIGINAL: warspite1

but having that unit that you KNOW can attack and get you out of a hole is a good feeling....

That was my prime reason for going infantry only!

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 62
RE: Carnageinc Central Powers AAR - 11/17/2012 3:17:38 PM   
CarnageINC

Turn 31: European Theater, 19 Aug. 1915

Western Front: Liege falls, once again I didn't think the AI would do it but it does! I stupidly counter attack and put 2 infantry formations in a position where they will be destroyed. I placed a Garrison and Infantry unit to the east of Liege to block future expansions. I also placed 2 new Inf. by the Alps to protect that region.

Eastern Front: Russians come at me again and destroy a weakened AH Inf. I counter attack and destroy a Russian Inf.

Italian Front: I managed to destroy a full strength enemy Inf. unit and advance some. My AH Battleship group is sunk and I decided to sail my Cruiser force for a last stand battle. Vienna is bombed again.

Middle East Front: British attacks are slowly wearing down Turks, I may loose a unit there next turn.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to CarnageINC)
Post #: 63
RE: Carnageinc Central Powers AAR - 11/17/2012 3:46:02 PM   
CarnageINC

Turn 32: Western Theater, 2 Sept. 1915

Western Front: Quite, I pulled back to a better line. Bombed Paris for no damage

Eastern Front: Russians pull back some, but still take Krakow. I batter those isolated forces but put my infantry units in a bad state, ripe for counter attacks.

Italian Front: AH finally gets upper hand and goes on offensive! I battered 2 enemy formations good.

Middle East Front: Brits finally blow this theater apart, destroying a Turk infantry unit and wasting 2 more that will be destroyed next turn.

Anti Air technology comes to fruit, and next few turns should gave some more come online. I have a badly need convoy arriving next turn .

Attachment (1)

(in reply to CarnageINC)
Post #: 64
RE: Carnageinc Central Powers AAR - 11/17/2012 4:14:30 PM   
CarnageINC

Turn 33: Western Theater, 16 Sept. 1915

Western Front: I just conducted a few spoiling attacks that looked like good odds. Bomb Paris for a point! Buy Garrison units is finally starting to pay off. I feel better that I got some cushion to help out....why didn't I do this earlier!!!

Eastern Front: Quite, just had some replacements in prep for taking Krakow. Why is it isolated units can get replacements? How is this possible? Granted its in a city but its a occupied city, not a native one.

Italian Front: For some reason, the AI sent a fighter and artillery unit to the front lines!?! I destroyed the fighter...a pretty penny killed Mwahahahaha!!! And battered the artillery. The offensive goes well and I should be in good position come winter.

Middle Eastern Front: Jerusalem falls and so do 3 of my Turkish units. I did have some new arrivals to help stem that disaster but I'm going to loose 2 more units next turn. The Turks are out of the war I'm afraid.

Bombers came online for AH, but there 60 PP's !!! They should be at least 50-55 IMO. Convoy is safe and unloading.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to CarnageINC)
Post #: 65
RE: Carnageinc Central Powers AAR - 11/17/2012 4:26:36 PM   
Lukas

Generally, the expensive units liek Artillery, fighters & bombers have a high production cost, but much lower upkeep. A bomber might be 60 PP, but cost only 1 PP upkeep while infantry cost 4 PP.

So while expensive, these units really pay off over a longer period if you manage to get a few.

(in reply to CarnageINC)
Post #: 66
RE: Carnageinc Central Powers AAR - 11/17/2012 4:43:25 PM   
CarnageINC

Turn 34: European Theater, 30 Sept. 1915

Western Front: Spoiling attacks only made by me. Paris bombed again and will be every turn till its rubble!

Eastern Front: Okay, the idea of having garrison forces is starting to pay off. I'm slowly getting my front covered again. I'm going to alternate between infantry and garrison units.

Italian Front: Beat down French arty to 1 pt and repaired for the offensive to continue next turn.

Middle East Front: Lost cause here. I'm holding the line at Beirut and Damascus with Garrison forces.

I forgot to mention a few turns ago that Germany has taken a 10% production hit because of MP's used. As you see there are a lot of new technologies coming out very soon! I'm saving my PP's to upgrade. Come on convoy...I need a new one now!!!

Attachment (1)

(in reply to CarnageINC)
Post #: 67
RE: Carnageinc Central Powers AAR - 11/17/2012 4:44:07 PM   
CarnageINC

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lukas

Generally, the expensive units liek Artillery, fighters & bombers have a high production cost, but much lower upkeep. A bomber might be 60 PP, but cost only 1 PP upkeep while infantry cost 4 PP.

So while expensive, these units really pay off over a longer period if you manage to get a few.

Ahh...thanks for that tid bit

(in reply to Lukas)
Post #: 68
RE: Carnageinc Central Powers AAR - 11/17/2012 6:38:50 PM   
CarnageINC

Turn 35: Italian Front, 14 Oct. 1915

Western Front: Quite

Eastern Front: Quite

Italian Front: Made only a single combined effort attack.

Middle East Front: British move troops north closer to my lines

Steel Helmets come online so I upgraded what forces I could, mostly on the Western Front. A convoy is en route also.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to CarnageINC)
Post #: 69
RE: Carnageinc Central Powers AAR - 11/17/2012 7:02:38 PM   
CarnageINC

Turn 36: Middle East Front, 28 Oct. 1915

Western Front: I make some spoiling attacks and relocate my airship farther south to bomb the Italians if need be.

Eastern Front: My convoy is hit by subs and is left with 1 pt. This is a major blow to Germany being I only get 8 PP's per turn now without the convoy. Quite on the ground side of things.

Italian Front: Italians beat down 1 AH Inf. to strength 5 and I combine attack to beat down a garrison force.

Middle East Front: Quite

Great news, Bulgaria enters the war on my side! Bad news, AH takes another production hit for MP losses! I'm sending 1 Bulgarian Inf. unit to help the Turks...oh and I can rail stuff from Europe to Turkey! I bought 1 garrison unit and a Infantry unit for the Bulgs. I bought a fighter for AH to help stop the enemy airship attacks.

Major concern of mine is AH morale health. It didn't climb when Serbia was liberated but it sure took a dive when the fleet was lost!

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by CarnageINC -- 11/17/2012 7:03:13 PM >

(in reply to CarnageINC)
Post #: 70
RE: Carnageinc Central Powers AAR - 11/17/2012 7:20:54 PM   
CarnageINC

Turn 37: Western Theater, 11 Nov. 1915

Eastern Front: Quite

Italian Front: Made some attacks against allied positions and gained a hex...but I'll loose it next turn because I put my 5 pt AH infantry unit in harms way! Bombed Milan for not.

Middle East Front: Quite

Gas masks for Germany come online and I make unit upgrades where I can, that convoy hit hurt badly! I'm using the Bulg Inf to probe around Romanian perimeter to see where their at. Preemptive strike???

Attachment (1)

(in reply to CarnageINC)
Post #: 71
RE: Carnageinc Central Powers AAR - 11/17/2012 7:38:17 PM   
CarnageINC

Turn 38: Middle East Front, 25 Nov. 1915

Eastern Front: Russians make 2 probe attacks

Italian Front: Both sides make one probe attack each

Middle East Front: Brits trying to outflank me, but new arrivals help prevent this...yeah...

Several technologies for all sides have finished. Mostly Gas Masks and for AH Chlorine Gas I believe.

I need another convoy asap! I updated as many units on all forces as I could.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to CarnageINC)
Post #: 72
RE: Carnageinc Central Powers AAR - 11/17/2012 7:53:41 PM   
CarnageINC

Turn 39: Eastern Front, 9 Dec. 1915

All fronts quite except for the Russians moving forward an me attack them. I continued to upgrade were I thought it was most important for all nations. Turkey has been hit with 10% production for MP loses.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to CarnageINC)
Post #: 73
RE: Carnageinc Central Powers AAR - 11/17/2012 8:11:12 PM   
CarnageINC

Turn 40: Middle East Front, 23 Dec. 1915

Western Front: Relocated my fighter there to move to Romania, I want to see where their units are positioned.

Eastern Front: Russians push more units thru gap like a sausage machine and hammer a garrison force hard farther north.

Italian Front: Quite

Middle East Front: Chaos, my forces again are going to get destroyed

A convoy is coming...a convoy is coming!

Attachment (1)

(in reply to CarnageINC)
Post #: 74
RE: Carnageinc Central Powers AAR - 11/17/2012 8:31:01 PM   
CarnageINC

Turn 41: Italian Front, 6 Jan. 1916

New year bring attacks on all fronts!

Western Front: 2 minor Allied probe attacks

Eastern Front: Russian units push westward some more...I can't counter

Italian Front: fighting all along the lines I believe I got the better end of the deal, but I have no clue on how many units are behind their lines. I brought in Germany's armed fighter to protect my troops from bombers. AH fighter was deployed to scout for the Bulgarians.

Middle East Front: Lost a unit but so did the bloody Brits!

Convoy arrived safely

Attachment (1)

(in reply to CarnageINC)
Post #: 75
RE: Carnageinc Central Powers AAR - 11/17/2012 8:52:59 PM   
CarnageINC

Turn 42: European Theater, 20 Jan. 1916

Eastern Front: Russian hammer my forces destroying a German Inf. unit, I got pissy and decided to leave my emplacements in certain locations to attack back at penetrating forces.

Italian Front: Destroyed a Italian Inf formation and made some progress forward.

Middle East Front: Stable but if the Brits launch another full scale assault units will crumble since most are fatigued.

I'm keeping my stockpile of PP's for Germany as high as I can since I'm basically breaking even with PP's without the convoys.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to CarnageINC)
Post #: 76
RE: Carnageinc Central Powers AAR - 11/18/2012 1:03:56 AM   
CarnageINC

Turn 43: European Front, 3 Feb. 1916

Eastern Front: Russians maneuver some to prevent unit losses and attack all along the border.

Italian Front: I managed to cut off Trieste for now. I don't know how I'll take it for now.

Middle East Front: Both sides are battered, I noticed that the British are not repairing their formations and have become as war weary as my troops.

Purchased a garrison force for Bulgaria.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to CarnageINC)
Post #: 77
RE: Carnageinc Central Powers AAR - 11/18/2012 1:28:08 AM   
CarnageINC

Turn 44: Middle East Front, 17 Feb. 1916

Eastern Front: Manage to destroy a Russian garrison unit that went to deep. I also am close to pinching off 3 Russian units from supply....soooo close!

Italian Front: Refit damaged units and need ammo to replenish to continue attack next turn.

Middle East Front: British lost a garrison unit and have a Inf. unit badly mauled. They managed to take Damascus and counter attack fell short of taking it back.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to CarnageINC)
Post #: 78
RE: Carnageinc Central Powers AAR - 11/18/2012 1:56:14 AM   
CarnageINC

Turn 45: Eastern Theaters, 2 Mar. 1916

Eastern Front: Successfully cut off some Russian forces, now how am I going to destroy them quickly?!? I decided the primary purpose of the east is to kill Russians so I'll leave my entrenchments to do so. Russia takes Danzig!
Convoy coming in too. Preparations for invasion of Romania are underway and look promising.

Italian Front: Trieste falls, now I have my sights on Venice! I was surprised the AI parked a airship with in range of a fighter aircraft.

Middle East Front: Went all out and destroyed a weakened infantry unit on the far flank, but I'll lose a Turkish Garrison force next turn in retaliation.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to CarnageINC)
Post #: 79
RE: Carnageinc Central Powers AAR - 11/18/2012 2:18:09 AM   
CarnageINC

Turn 46: Eastern Front, 16 Mar. 1916

Eastern Front: Destroyed 1 Inf. unit and will destroy that rail unit next turn! Danzig will be shelled by battleships and assaulted.

Italian Front: Minor probe attacks by both sides

Middle East Front: Quite...for once!

Attachment (1)

(in reply to CarnageINC)
Post #: 80
RE: Carnageinc Central Powers AAR - 11/18/2012 3:06:37 AM   
CarnageINC

Turn 47: Eastern Front, 30 Mar. 1916

Eastern Front: I probably lost Koenigsberg because of my blood lust got the better of me..LOL
Oh well. In the center of the front is wide open, but i bought 2 garrisons to help fill the breach. That train keeps going toward Vienna, so I garrisoned it to prevent any damage.

Italian Front: The allies attack a infantry unit in the center of the line, leaving 1 pt. left on it.

Middle East Front: Quite for now, I'm going to send 2 garrison units to hurrass the British rear areas.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to CarnageINC)
Post #: 81
RE: Carnageinc Central Powers AAR - 11/18/2012 3:20:44 AM   
warspite1

quote:

ORIGINAL: CarnageINC

Eastern Front: I probably lost Koenigsberg because of my blood lust got the better of me..LOL

warspite1

England expects that every man will do his duty - Horatio Nelson 1805.

(in reply to CarnageINC)
Post #: 82
RE: Carnageinc Central Powers AAR - 11/18/2012 6:22:12 AM   
CarnageINC

Turn 48: Southern East Front, 13 Apr. 1916

West Front: Quite

East Front: Surprisingly the Russians pull back some to better defensive ground near Koenigsberg. New arriving garrison forces help a lot to cover the front. As you can see, Romania enters the war and promptly loses Bucharest and is a bad position to loose another 2 units to being cut off.

Italian Front: Italy pokes a garrison unit, I think it was, into a hole and attacks my artillery unit. I relocated both air and arty to prevent it from happening again.

Middle East Front: The Turks are falling apart, I have not a clue on how to save the situation.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 83
RE: Carnageinc Central Powers AAR - 11/18/2012 6:56:03 PM   
CarnageINC

Turn 49: Middle East, 27 Apr. 1916

Eastern Front: Battleship group pounds at Russian artillery unit along with a ground attack out of Koenigsberg to force it back. Romanian infantry that was cut off dies. Other than that just unit repositioning themselves.

Italian Front: battle continues over the no man land hex, I currently have it occupied with a 5pt infantry unit.

Middle East: BLAH! Here things are falling apart quickly, the British have me outnumbered and are using artillery and planes...NOT FAIR! I'm in a general retreat to the north.

Nothing new with research, I did purchase a garrison force for Turkey.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to CarnageINC)
Post #: 84
RE: Carnageinc Central Powers AAR - 11/18/2012 11:39:17 PM   
CarnageINC

Turn 50: Middle East, 11 May 1916

East Front: Minor clashes along the border

Italian Front: Italians manage to beat down 2 of my infantry units and I pulled them back to preserve them somewhat. If the Italians advance their will be withing hitting distance.

Middle East: Situation continues to get worse, my weakened units don't seem to have the legs to withdraw far enough to get outside engagement distance. I'm trying to send a unit around the east flank again, along with putting a new unit in Medina to the far south.

I purchased a German garrison force and I'll have a Bulgarian unit ready to deploy.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 85
RE: Carnageinc Central Powers AAR - 11/19/2012 6:24:19 AM   
CarnageINC

Turn 51: European Theater, 25 May 1916

West Front: minor probe attack

East Front: minor probe attacks in the north, toward Romania I manage to kill a Russian garrison force and drive deep behind their lines.

Italian Front: Line is starting to collapse, I purchased 2 German garrisons to help stabilize the front if and when they get there.

Middle East: Pulling back still, I did manage to get a unit around the flank of the British, let him chase me for a bit and see what happens.

Upgraded Bulgarian ground units and upgraded AH fighter to Mk. II specs. And the best news is a convoy arrives!

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by CarnageINC -- 11/19/2012 6:26:08 AM >

(in reply to CarnageINC)
Post #: 86
RE: Carnageinc Central Powers AAR - 11/19/2012 6:43:30 AM   
CarnageINC

Turn 52: Southern East Front: 8 Jun. 1916

West Front: minor probe attack

East Front: Russians launch 2 probes, achieve a few casualties. Bulgarians make headway on Romanians both cities looking to fall very soon.

Italian Front: Italians advance some but no major attacks made.

Middle East: Brits are chasing down my flanker, probably will kill it next turn I still have one more unit coming in from the south.

Some new technologies will be completed soon which should help some.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to CarnageINC)
Post #: 87
RE: Carnageinc Central Powers AAR - 11/19/2012 6:59:23 AM   
CarnageINC

Turn 53: Italian Front, 22 Jun. 1916

East Front: Romanian are surrounded, I don't know if this will affect there supply situation since there is a capital in their perimeter. I plan on driving into Russia with my garrison forces here.

Italian Front: Major clashes near Trieste, which falls this turn. More reinforcements are coming next turn.

Middle East: Manged to lose that garrison force that the Brits chased down Oh well...

Attachment (1)

(in reply to CarnageINC)
Post #: 88
RE: Carnageinc Central Powers AAR - 11/19/2012 8:29:47 AM   
CarnageINC

Turn 54: European Theater, 6 Jul. 1916

Here is a overall pic of the situation. Its still quite in the west and for the most part the east. Minor clashes in the northern sector in the east, in the south I've lost a 4pt Bulgarian infantry unit. I've managed to cut off another Romanian unit. I've fortified a line in the north in the Middle East by Aleppo. Time will if it holds...HAHAH...right.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to CarnageINC)
Post #: 89
RE: Carnageinc Central Powers AAR - 11/19/2012 8:55:55 AM   
Myrddraal

It's making for thrilling reading...

I'm not really sure what your strategy should be, but one option would be to try for a major offensive in Romania. Push hard and deep, try to outflank and encircle your enemy. Romania itself isn't the objective here, trying to induce the Russian revolution is. If you can free up the Eastern front, you can do your own Kaiserschlacht

(in reply to CarnageINC)
Post #: 90
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Commander - The Great War >> After Action Reports >> RE: Carnageinc Central Powers AAR Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI