From: La Salle, Colorado
Here is the current map of China with the developing actions there:
1. BLACK: The battle around Changsha continues to grow. Dan is trying to finally move troops into the hex by the lake where I have been funneling troops. The 15th, 39th, and 59th ID now invest Changsha along with 2 Engineering Regiments. Reinforcements continue to flow into the area with 3 Brigades, 2 Art, and 3 Engineer units moving that direction presently. The China Command HQ is moving to the area to provide its support. Something big is gonna give here by May 1st. Feel that the issue will break open for one side or the other by that date.
2. RED: The 36th ID penetrates the line and is moving on Shaoyang. When the unit is two days away I shall order ALL China bombers to paste the single unit holding the town. Paras will be tasked to land the turn the Infantry enters the base to trigger a Shock Attack. For some reason there is no sign of troops moving to reinforce the town. If units to enter it, I may change direction and drive NW to the city just 3 hexes away where there is also only 1 unit and he cannot reinforce quickly due to the roads.
3. PINK: Having taken Nanning, the 22nd ID holds off three Chinese Corps trying to retake it. They have taken significant casualties. The 17th ID is moving to drive these troops out while 3 TK, 3 Art, and 1 Engineer unit close from their own directions. IF we can drive the troops from Nanning ten we can FINALLY begin to roll-up the Chinese Line.
1. I need more troops and in something very a-typical for me, I am about to buyout an ID from Manchuria for Southern Army that will first move into China to help with the fight there.
2. Am pulling another ID from Loyang to augment the attacks. Cannot do more then that for fears of the Northern Offensive by the Chinese.
3. Have considerable air support leaving Japan (9th Air Fleet, an Air Flotilla, large Base Force, and two smaller Base Forces to move into the Southern China towns just south of the battle so I can bring my airpower even closer to the lines.