From: La Salle, Colorado
GREAT conversation Gents!
Sorry I haven't Posted but life here has been rather chaotic. I own/manage a Subway here in La Salle and my Ass't Manager's son has severe asthma issues. He got admitted into the hospital today for a 48 hours because they are having all sorts of issues getting things working. With our exceedingly dry air I couldn't imagine what this kid might go through in a place with humidity. The point of this is that I am now Opening the store (6am) Wed--Thurs--Fri this week prior to my family and I taking a couple of days off and going up into the Mountains again. This time we are going to North Park (Gould, CO). The odds of me keeping a turn a day going for through Friday is pretty slim. It is possible but only just...
I sent back the 11-14 turn and things are downright scary, however, I am getting to be fighting mad! He had the audacity to send 3 DD down the coast and hit Singapore's shipping. I've been clearing the TKs and high value AKs for the last two days but he did manage to catch a pair of TF and SMASH them! Lost 3 PB and 11 AK. Depressing and audacious.
As to points asked above:
1. Airpower is rapidly expanding. Problem is that he controls nearly all of northern Sumatra and has even bounced over to Pluket, Langkari, and is even attempting to grab Alor Star. I need more BF and Support troops but am trying to dodge his damned small STF. Good NEWS is that I landed an Air Division at Oosthaven so I can base Betty-Nell from there. Have another Air Division unloading (if it isn't smashed by a STF) at Victoria Point. Air Floitllas are based at Cocos and Pt Blair. Am trying NOT to throw in my airpower piecemeal. This hsall be the first REAL turn that Japanese IJN/IJA aircraft make a concerted attempt to sink some shipping.
2. He has brought EVERYTHING. Add at least two more American ID to the ground forces as well as smaller Inf units (Marine Def Bn for example and TK units). I think what Dan is trying to do is somewhat gamey of where he sends abunch of Invasion Forces to various targets, begins landing, sees what is there, and then decides to bring in more or not. Important note: Nearly everything is not prepped whatsoever! He has landed a full Inf Div at Sibolga and they have an Assault Value of ZERO. That won't last long though. Am holding fairly well along the east coast where I still have Langsha, Medan, and Tand???. Problem is that Tand??? has got lots of HQ and Support units but next to no infantry.
Thank goodness I had all those TR getting ready to use in Burma. Right now nearly 200 TR are moving the 4th, 48th, and Imperial Guards by dribbles to the contested areas. Alor Star is a major threat. I have elements of Imp Guards and a SNLF unit being flown in. Tomorrow a portion of the THAI ID should arrive by rail. He has parts of the 18th ID there. Order my Sally to bomb this unit so I do not lose the base. This would be VERY bad.
3. My CA TF that was going to be used to bombard Cooktown is now nearly at Cocos (4 CA, modern CL, and 6 DD). I will divide this TF into two parts and move them to the edge of the board to hunt convoys going from Australia to Sumatra. The CVEs (6 CVE, 1 CL, and 10 DD) are a day behind the CAs. They will be divided into two TF and will also HUNT TF. I want to draw those US CVs AWAY from Sumatra. KB is rounding the SW Corner of New Guinea and booking it to Soerabaja.
The thinking with KB is correct. I want to hit his CVs but it is more important to pull them away from Sumatra so I can bring in reinforcements and attrit his airpower and ground units. We must stabilize the situation if possible. Cocos is the KEY. I am moving AKE, AS, AD, and any other form of support ship there. Luckily I had three of the big 11,500T AOs at Balikpapan. They are loaded and moving towards Cocos to support the Fleet.
4. Michael suggested I start a notebook on which unit is moving from where with my LCUs. Didn't think too much of that to start with but will start one tomorrow. 2nd ID negotiated the area around Port Moresby and Horn with no interference. He is allowing me to make these moves without any intervention from Australia. This may be a mistake. I am leaving enough airpower here and ground strength to still provide and pretty good bloody nose if he moves north. The 14th ID has departed Lunga and moving the same path as the 2nd. Have grabbed a BUNCH of my CD units to help in the threatened area to. The 10th ID departed Shanghai three days ago at is set at FULL SPEED. It has passed Formosa heading for Singapore.
5. Two 50-60,000 Supply TF have left Japan to help bolster the supply situation down there.
Give me a minute and I will Post a new and even more horrific screenshot of the current situation.
Keep helping guys. I am trying to think this thing through from many different angles and appreciate any and all ideas. Have already read a couple of good ones above. Keep it coming...