Matrix Games Forums

Buzz Aldrins Space Program Manager is now available!Space Program Manager gets mini-site and Twitch SessionBuzz Aldrin: Ask Me Anything (AMA) on redditDeal of the week Fantasy Kommander: Eukarion WarsSpace Program Manager Launch Contest Announced!Battle Academy 2 is out now on iPad!A closer look at rockets in Space Program ManagerDeal of the Week - Pride of NationsA new update for Piercing Fortress EuropaNew screenshots for War in the West!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Errors During Game Install

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Commander - The Great War >> Tech Support >> Errors During Game Install Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Errors During Game Install - 11/15/2012 8:57:51 AM   
jiikonen

Hi,

I just bought ”Commander: The Great War” yesterday. While installing the game I got 3 errors;

1) A decompression error has occurred (#2029) [ …\Data\Graphics \flags\Thumbs.db ]
2) A decompression error has occurred (#2029) [ …\Data\Graphics \hud\menu_background_wide.png ]
3) A decompression error has occurred (#2029) [ …\Data\Graphics \maps\Map.png ]

I tried “retry” several times on each occasion, and as usual that does not help, so I selected “ignore” to each one in order to move forward. The installer finishes, and I’m able to start the game etc. The Intro runs fine, as does the menu screen. Naturally, since some of the graphics are missing, due to the errors above, the game crashes (“with an error message: Resource missing: map.png”) when attempting to launch a new game.

I’m trying to install / run this version:
Commander: The Great War 1.1.2

I’ve attached the following files to this message as per instructions;

1) ctgw.txt
2) DxDiag.txt
3) glewinfo.txt
4) Error_Srceen_Shots.pdf

I wonder if you could help me sort this out – this seems like a very good game, and I’d like to give it go as soon as possible. Let me know if I can / need to provide some additional info.

Thanks.

Attachment (1)
Post #: 1
RE: Errors During Game Install - 11/15/2012 9:08:13 AM   
michaelm

Have you tried downloading the game again? Usually decompression errors are due to a bad download

Michael

(in reply to jiikonen)
Post #: 2
RE: Errors During Game Install - 11/15/2012 10:36:45 AM   
jiikonen

Hi,
Thanks Michael - seems I had a problem with the previous download (should've guessed). I just re-downloaded, re-installed and ran the game. Works just fine now.

(in reply to michaelm)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Commander - The Great War >> Tech Support >> Errors During Game Install Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI