Matrix Games Forums

Characters of World War 1Sign of for the Pike and Shot Beta!More Games are Coming to Steam! Deal of the Week: Combat Command Return to the Moon on October 31st! Commander: The Great War iPad Wallpapers Generals of the Great WarDeal of the Week Panzer CorpsNew Strategy Titles Join the FamilyTablet Version of Qvadriga gets new patch
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Scenario ideas

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> Larry Bond's Harpoon - Ultimate Edition >> H3 Database and Scenarios >> Scenario ideas Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Scenario ideas - 11/14/2012 10:15:28 PM   
Mgellis

I would like to start a thread on scenario ideas for H3/ANW.

First topic...just in general, what kind of scenarios would people like to see? More Cold War or post-Cold War 1990s/2000s scenarios? More near future scenarios? Convoys in the Atlantic? Pirate hunting off the Horn of Africa? Any particular countries you would like to see face off against each other? What kinds of conflicts do you think would make good Harpoon scenarios and why?
Post #: 1
RE: Scenario ideas - 11/18/2012 8:41:02 AM   
JSF

I´ve been always fond of this large multicarrier and convoy battles in the Nort Atlantic, e.g. Cold War.

(in reply to Mgellis)
Post #: 2
RE: Scenario ideas - 11/18/2012 3:17:28 PM   
Mgellis

quote:

ORIGINAL: JSF

I´ve been always fond of this large multicarrier and convoy battles in the Nort Atlantic, e.g. Cold War.

I like them, too. As a scenario writer, I sometimes feel a little iffy about them. I am not sure I have anything new to add--I always end up feeling like I am just creating a variation of a scenario other people have already written.

(in reply to JSF)
Post #: 3
RE: Scenario ideas - 11/18/2012 3:23:07 PM   
Mgellis

One kind of scenario I would like to write more of is more smaller Cold War scenarios...but I'm trying to figure out situations that would work and which make sense. I know historically there were a lot of "sneak a sub into X and remain on station for a while and gather intelligence" but unless the other guys are actually going to start shooting at the submarine, it is not much of a scenario. Of course, one can always assume that the submarine is a) too close to shore and b) has not responded to whatever warnings are being used to make it surface and so the other side IS starting to shoot for real.

I'm trying to figure out situations where a couple of small task forces (one Soviet and one NATO) would end up shooting at each other, with or without a larger war going on...any suggestions? Any actual events from history?

(in reply to Mgellis)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> Larry Bond's Harpoon - Ultimate Edition >> H3 Database and Scenarios >> Scenario ideas Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI