Matrix Games Forums

The Matrix Holiday sales are starting today! Warhammer - Weapons of WarFlashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm gets huge update and a Steam release!Battle Academy 2 opens up a new front!Flashpoint Campaigns Featured on weekly Streaming SessionFrontline: The Longest Day - New Screenshots!Deal of the Week: Hannibal Rome and CarthageFlashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm gets Players Edition!To End All Wars gets its first major patch! Hell is now available!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Russian Civil War Mod

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Commander - The Great War >> Mods and Scenarios >> Russian Civil War Mod Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Russian Civil War Mod - 11/14/2012 2:53:18 PM   
J P Falcon

While I enjoy the two Russian Civil War mods and/or games produced by BATTLEFRONT and AGEOD, I still yearn for a hex based designed version. So my question is, would it be possible to create an RCW mod with this game? I'm wondering about the different factions that squared off during the RCW and how they would be translated into the current game's engine.
Post #: 1
RE: Russian Civil War Mod - 11/14/2012 3:44:54 PM   
Myrddraal

In the current game, you're limited to two player alliances (and one neutral 'alliance'). I'm not that familiar with the Russian Civil War, would that be a limiting factor?

(in reply to J P Falcon)
Post #: 2
RE: Russian Civil War Mod - 11/16/2012 9:42:20 AM   
kombrig

In the Russian Civil War there were in general two opposite sides - Soviet Russia (the Reds) and all the others. However relations among the others (Whites, Poland, Ukraine, Baltic states, Germany, Finland, Western Allies etc) were complicated. Some of them did not have a solid alliance with others and their actions were not coordinated (or were poorly coordinated) and some even fought eachother (for example Poland and Ukraine). I also wonder, if all this complex politics can be modded in this game...

(in reply to Myrddraal)
Post #: 3
RE: Russian Civil War Mod - 11/16/2012 9:15:31 PM   
CSS

Y&ou could put all the other Whites as nuetral with either time or events guideing their entry.

(in reply to kombrig)
Post #: 4
RE: Russian Civil War Mod - 1/10/2013 9:12:13 AM   
stockwellpete

The Greens were an important faction in the RCW, hostile to both Reds and Whites.

(in reply to CSS)
Post #: 5
RE: Russian Civil War Mod - 4/11/2013 6:56:41 AM   
Jonathan Pollard

The factions.lua file includes an inactive faction called "red_finland", so it seems the developers apparently at least considered the possibility of a Russian Civil War scenario. If anyone does want to try modding the RCW, there already exists a hex boardgame on the subject with a map and units of approximately the same scale as CTGW. It's called Reds The Russian Civil War 1918/1921.
http://boardgamegeek.com/image/342123/reds-the-russian-civil-war-1918-1921?size=large

"We could blow up a US ship in Guantanamo Bay and blame Cuba." "We could develop a Communist Cuban terror campaign in the Miami area, in other Florida cities and even Washington." - US Joint Chiefs of Staff, Operation Northwoods, 1962

(in reply to stockwellpete)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Commander - The Great War >> Mods and Scenarios >> Russian Civil War Mod Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI