Matrix Games Forums

New Screenshots for Pike & ShotDeal of the Week Command: Modern Air/Naval Operations WOTYCommand: Modern Air/Naval Operations WOTY is now available!Frontline : The Longest Day Announced and in Beta!Command gets Wargame of the Year EditionDeal of the Week: Pandora SeriesPandora: Eclipse of Nashira is now availableDistant Worlds Gets another updateHell is Approaching Deal of the Week Battle Academy
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Blinking monitor.

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Commander - The Great War >> Tech Support >> Blinking monitor. Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Blinking monitor. - 11/13/2012 11:41:37 PM   
stormbringer3

When I attempt to play this title in my monitor's native resolution of 1920x1080 all I get is a blinking screen. I do have the settings checked on full screen. If I go to a non-native resolution and use VSync the game will be playable but also, not in every non-native resolution. In some I still get the blinking screen. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.
Post #: 1
RE: Blinking monitor. - 11/13/2012 11:57:58 PM   
hadberz

I bet your video drivers need updated. The sticky-ed Readme thread at the top explains how to get the drivers and also how to get your Directx dialog file. This file will tell you old your drivers are.

(in reply to stormbringer3)
Post #: 2
RE: Blinking monitor. - 11/14/2012 10:38:03 AM   
Lord Zimoa

Aye, we recommend to update your video driver first, let us know if this solved your problem please.

www.thelordzgamesstudio.com
www.panzer-corps.com
www.commander-games.com

(in reply to hadberz)
Post #: 3
RE: Blinking monitor. - 11/14/2012 4:08:17 PM   
stormbringer3

The driver update worked. The joys of PC gaming. I have bought 4-6 new release titles in the last year including Decisive Campaigns Case Blue very recently. All functioned fine with the drivers I had so it didn't occur to me that the drivers were the issue.
Thanks so much for the help.

(in reply to Lord Zimoa)
Post #: 4
RE: Blinking monitor. - 11/15/2012 6:21:16 AM   
michaelm

One thing I miss from the early days of PC gaming was where some game publishers use to supply an utility program with the game that basically checked to see if the PC could cope with the game. It checked memory size, CPU speed, video modes, tested DirectX capabilities, etc.
Some publishers even added the game's utility to their support sites so you could pull down the specific utility and run it on your PC before buying the game. If it failed, then the odds against the game running on your PC were high, whereas if it passed, then the game most likely would run on the PC.
I know that this save me some strife by NOT buying a couple of games that I really liked but my PC at the time wouldn't have been able to run them. Despite the guy in the shop saying it would work on 'any IBM-compatible PC'. (Okay the mention of IBM-compatible PC must date this to 80s and 90s)

Michael

(in reply to stormbringer3)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Commander - The Great War >> Tech Support >> Blinking monitor. Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI