Matrix Games Forums

Battle Academy 2 Out now!Legions of Steel ready for betaBattle Academy 2 gets trailers and Steam page!Deal of the Week Germany at WarSlitherine Group acquires Shenandoah StudioNew information and screenshots for Pike & ShotDeal of the Week Pride of NationsTo End All Wars Releasing on Steam! Slitherine is recruiting: Programmers requiredPandora: Eclipse of Nashira gets release date
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Bob Flemin's AAR se!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Commander - The Great War >> After Action Reports >> RE: Bob Flemin's AAR se! Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Bob Flemin's AAR se! - 11/15/2012 8:16:03 PM   
warspite1

Turn 21 - 1st April 1915

Southeast of Brest-Litovsk I deal out the same punishment to an AH Infantry as I did the previous turn to a German.

Attachment (1)

England expects that every man will do his duty - Horatio Nelson 1805.

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 61
RE: Bob Flemin's AAR se! - 11/15/2012 8:27:52 PM   
warspite1

Turn 21 - 1st April 1915

On the French Front there is so little room to manoeuvre, but at least I have a French artillery now and a British one on the way.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 62
RE: Bob Flemin's AAR se! - 11/15/2012 8:53:15 PM   
Myrddraal

The CP do have an opening advantage. How long till Italy joins the war?

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 63
RE: Bob Flemin's AAR se! - 11/15/2012 9:01:53 PM   
warspite1

Turn 22 - 15th April 1915

The Caucasus

More Turks appear innit? I attack the left most Garrison and do some damage, but I am going to need help if I am to push the Turks back.

East Prussia

In the north the Germans continue to make tentative advances toward Riga. Once again I manage to dish out some punishment to the offending unit

While around Brest-Litovsk I despatch the AH army that I beat up last turn. Its a great combination; Smack 'em with artillery, leave 'em on the ropes with an Infantry attack, and then finish 'em off with the cavalry. Luvverrlly! Do you know what? WAR! IT'S FANTASTIC!!

France

When did Verdun start in real life? I now have three German Armies attacking the city. Merde!

I at last get the BEF into combat. I get the French artillery outside Paris to smack a German Infantry seeking to outflank the French in Alsace, and then use an Anglo French Infantry attack to reduce him to a 4 strength. Like it!!

In other news, my sub is almost home.

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 64
RE: Bob Flemin's AAR se! - 11/15/2012 9:03:09 PM   
warspite1

quote:

ORIGINAL: Myrddraal

The CP do have an opening advantage. How long till Italy joins the war?
warspite1

Er... ahem...I have no idea.

(in reply to Myrddraal)
Post #: 65
RE: Bob Flemin's AAR se! - 11/15/2012 9:06:07 PM   
Myrddraal

Have a look in the diplomacy tab. When it's open, you should get an indication of dates in the bottom panel.

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 66
RE: Bob Flemin's AAR se! - 11/15/2012 9:07:30 PM   
warspite1

quote:

Have a look in the diplomacy tab. When it's open, you should get an indication of dates in the bottom panel.
warspite1

Ah thanks..... I knew that

So 3-5 for Italy and 10 for Bulgaria .

< Message edited by warspite1 -- 11/15/2012 11:41:15 PM >

(in reply to Myrddraal)
Post #: 67
RE: Bob Flemin's AAR se! - 11/15/2012 9:08:51 PM   
wodin

Verdun Feb 1916...

First major British\France attack Loos Sept 1915..but Britain had Neuve Chappel attack early on in 1915 aswell.

< Message edited by wodin -- 11/15/2012 9:10:14 PM >

My Tactical wargame facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/Tacticalwargame

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 68
RE: Bob Flemin's AAR se! - 11/15/2012 9:24:11 PM   
warspite1

Turn 23 - 29th April 1915

I get a couple of Generals this turn; Haig and Yudenich.

Stalemate in the Caucasus...

At Brest-Litovsk I cannot fire my Artillery!! The game is borked, it's rubbish... I want to fire my big gun

Serbia appears to be running out of men. Don't worry lads the British are coming!

France

I tried to repeat my successful formula but they proved incredibly costly attacks in return for which I reduced the German to 5 strength. This place is a meat grinder!

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 69
RE: Bob Flemin's AAR se! - 11/15/2012 9:26:04 PM   
warspite1

quote:

ORIGINAL: wodin

Verdun Feb 1916...

First major British\France attack Loos Sept 1915..but Britain had Neuve Chappel attack early on in 1915 aswell.
warspite1

Right so the Germans are ahead of schedule against Verdun, but i have beaten the real life French and British to the Loos. HaHaHaHa....geddit? The Loos....

(in reply to wodin)
Post #: 70
RE: Bob Flemin's AAR se! - 11/15/2012 9:40:32 PM   
Myrddraal

quote:

At Brest-Litovsk I cannot fire my Artillery!! The game is borked, it's rubbish... I want to fire my big gun

Ammo production problems?

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 71
RE: Bob Flemin's AAR se! - 11/15/2012 9:42:25 PM   
warspite1

Turn 24 - 13th May 1915

Oh dear. I have some economic deterioration in the Balkans..

...anyway whatever.

In the Caucasus I re-take Batumi and repair my troops as best I can.

Around Brest-Litovsk it's still tit-for-tat. Tit-for-tat? Brest? Oh come on that has to get a least a polite smile, if not a titter....

Serbia - no change. There is still two full strength German units north of Belgrade though, just waiting to pounce I'm sure.

In France all I can do is repair the damage from last time and fire off some heavy ordnance in the general direction of the Germans.

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 72
RE: Bob Flemin's AAR se! - 11/15/2012 9:43:46 PM   
warspite1

quote:

quote:

Ammo production problems?
warspite1

Yes. I need to save some money, but each turn there is so much to repair!! This is an incredibly engrossing game!

(in reply to Myrddraal)
Post #: 73
RE: Bob Flemin's AAR se! - 11/15/2012 10:00:51 PM   
warspite1

Turn 25 - 27th May 1915 (Hey its my birthday!!)

The Caucasus

First obviously strange move the AI has made. The Garrison that left Batumi is out of supply and has been badly hurt by my Batumi Garrison. I hurt three of the units heading for Tiflis, but get cocky and lose 3 points to nil on the Garrison defending that town . Sloppy.

Major problems in Brest-Litovsk now. I lose an Infantry, leaving one surrounded and cut-off. I launch a ferocious, desperate counter-attack to dis-lodge one of the AH armies. It succeeds, but the unit still has a red dot - which I guess means OOS. As a further act of desperation I railroad my Vilna Garrison south to try and keep the line intact.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 74
RE: Bob Flemin's AAR se! - 11/15/2012 10:03:44 PM   
Myrddraal

The red dot does indeed mean the unit is OOS. Supply is updated at the end of your phase, so the unit will back in supply before the enemy can attack it.

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 75
RE: Bob Flemin's AAR se! - 11/15/2012 10:12:18 PM   
warspite1

Turn 25 - 27th May 1915 (Hey its my birthday!!) - Part Deux

Meanwhile in Franceville, the Germans - whisper it - actually look a little stretched. Bad news is they now have 4 units around Verdun, but they have pulled back from the hex I was pounding. I bring a second artillery unit north of the Seine and hope to put pressure on the German right flank.

I am not sure whether to take the empty hex 3 hexes west of Paris, but decide to do so with the British 1st Army - a fine set of lads if ever I saw one

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by warspite1 -- 11/15/2012 10:14:47 PM >

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 76
RE: Bob Flemin's AAR se! - 11/15/2012 10:13:00 PM   
warspite1

quote:

The red dot does indeed mean the unit is OOS. Supply is updated at the end of your phase, so the unit will back in supply before the enemy can attack it.
warspite1

Good news - thank-you.

(in reply to Myrddraal)
Post #: 77
RE: Bob Flemin's AAR se! - 11/15/2012 10:36:56 PM   
warspite1

Turn 26 - 10th June 1915

Right last turn tonight.

Mediterranean - The AH navy came after my transport and cruiser heading into the Adriatic. Fortunately I spotted him and have made good my escape. I am bringing the cream of the French Mediterranean Fleet to sort out the AH.

The Caucasus looks a whole lot better. My lead unit is just two hexes from reclaiming Sarikamish.

In the north I retreat back onto Kovno and Vilna once more. I was hoping not to spend any points this turn, but Brest-Litovsk looks vulnerable so...

France is suddenly more interesting.

I inadvertently clicked on the wrong button - sending my French artillery on holiday to the south of France (IS THERE NO UNDO BUTTON??) but otherwise gave the Germans a bit of a pounding. I suddenly find I am threatening an AH artillery piece in Strassburg

Attachment (1)

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 78
RE: Bob Flemin's AAR se! - 11/15/2012 10:49:07 PM   
warspite1

Turn 27 - 24th June 1915

Okay maybe one more go as the Italians have joined the parteee!

First things first.... Its time for a nice cup of tea

The AH fleet is off the Greek coast - let's attack with the French Battlefleet. 3-2 to the French. Okay, what about the Italian battlefleet? Another 3-2 victory for the Allies. And now lets bring in the French cruiser force. Bingo!
The AH fleet is no more - Byeeee! Time to sail the British cruiser and transport to Serbia

Attachment (1)

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 79
RE: Bob Flemin's AAR se! - 11/15/2012 11:06:27 PM   
warspite1

Turn 27 - 24th June 1915 (cont)

Nothing to do in the Caucasus. I repair and upgrade my units and await the Turks response.

Similar for Brest-Litovsk....

What does one do with the Italians??

I take no chances and pull troops back behind the Po(?). I launch an airship raid on Trieste and buy an Infantry and Garrison.

Serbia I just spend some points repairing and upgrading.

In France I attack the Germans on the left using the British and near the Swiss border using the French.. May be I should have been a little bolder with the Italians??

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 80
RE: Bob Flemin's AAR se! - 11/15/2012 11:19:49 PM   
warspite1

Turn 28 - 8th July 1915

So that I do not lose where I am I will report on the Axis attacks to finish up.

The AH navy sent a cruiser force to attack my transport, reducing my Garrison by 5 points

In the Causcasus the Turks have 5 units visible (as do the Russians) and there attacks were pretty much 1 for 1. This is good defensive terrain but I need another Infantry or two...

The fighting around Brest-Litovsk was most pleasing. My troops were barely touched and the Germans took at least as much pain as I did.

The Germans ain't beat in France by a long way. I counted at least 4 artillery pieces, and they really hurt the French units and General Haig's Army too.

< Message edited by warspite1 -- 11/16/2012 12:26:38 AM >

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 81
RE: Bob Flemin's AAR se! - 11/16/2012 12:22:39 AM   
warspite1

Turn 28 - 8th July 1915 (I couldn't resist!)

In the Adriatic I need to decide what to attack the AH cruiser with. I allow the French Battlefleet the honour.
The French guns knock seven bells out of the AH navy, allowing the Royal Navy to apply the coup-de-grace. I land the Garrison southwest of Tirana. I send the Italian Fleet home to Taranto.

I have an Infantry renforcement this turn. Where do I place it? The Caucasus or further north? I decide on Tiflis and instead of any more purchases, I repair what I need to.

I take a risk with the French and buy an artillery. This means no repair of any units this turn.... As a result I pull my cavalry back and take no chances.

With the British I go on a spending spree and repair and upgrade everything I can.

I place my Italian Garrison southeast of Milan and now have a continuous line from that city to Venice.

< Message edited by warspite1 -- 11/16/2012 7:10:29 AM >

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 82
RE: Bob Flemin's AAR se! - 11/16/2012 12:42:18 AM   
warspite1

Turn 29 - 22nd July 1915

Damn I lost a British Army with Haig in it (who is wounded). What is more - I cannot fire my artillery....

Notwithstanding these unwanted developments, I attack with the British and French, removing a pesky German Army two hexes west of Verdun. I march the British 3rd Army into the space.

I decide to stop being a wuss, and send the Italians to the Austrian border. I take some chunks out of a German Garrison and wait, with some trepidation, for the Axis response.

Not much happening in Serbia or Southern Russia. Around Brest-Litovsk I have some shells to expend once more and pound a German army unit on my left flank.

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 83
RE: Bob Flemin's AAR se! - 11/16/2012 12:58:35 AM   
warspite1

Turn 30 - 5th August 1915

Not great - I've just lost Verdun and Joffre (wounded)....

In Southern Russia I push to within one hex of Sarikamish, but it is well defended.

In Italy I place my Infantry reinforcement in Milan. I attack some German and AH Garrisons, but these are costly mistakes - note to self: these are Italians!

On the plus side I bombard Trieste and Cattaro.

In France I attack the German unit south of Calais and pulverise the Army to dust. I dare not move into the gap though as I am running out of units to form a line.

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 84
RE: Bob Flemin's AAR se! - 11/16/2012 1:58:35 AM   
CarnageINC

Your humming right along Warspite! Whats your opinions on the AI for the Central Powers?

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 85
RE: Bob Flemin's AAR se! - 11/16/2012 2:18:23 AM   
balto

Wow, this is great! Thank you.

(in reply to CarnageINC)
Post #: 86
RE: Bob Flemin's AAR se! - 11/16/2012 6:33:46 AM   
warspite1

quote:

ORIGINAL: CarnageINC

Your humming right along Warspite! Whats your opinions on the AI for the Central Powers?
warspite1

I've only seen one really "strange" move - and that was the Turk at Batumi, where it left the town (with my unit next door, and so I was able to walk in when otherwise I could do nothing).

Naval units have been committed piecemeal* - in the Baltic, the Channel and the Adriatic, although in fairness, the opposition in the Adriatic was overwhelming no matter what the AH did. * By that I mean the cruiser counters have not operated with the battleships.

Otherwise, land attacks all seem co-ordinated; aircraft and artillery, with a number of units attacking to dislodge or destroy the target unit(s). Units are generally repaired before being thrown into battle.

< Message edited by warspite1 -- 11/16/2012 6:34:04 AM >

(in reply to CarnageINC)
Post #: 87
RE: Bob Flemin's AAR se! - 11/16/2012 9:34:38 AM   
wodin

If your South of Calias your doing alot better than historically up north. The British have alot more of the line than historically aswell looking at your map.

< Message edited by wodin -- 11/16/2012 9:36:28 AM >

My Tactical wargame facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/Tacticalwargame

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 88
RE: Bob Flemin's AAR se! - 11/16/2012 8:21:11 PM   
warspite1

Turn 31 - 19th August 1915

In the Caucasus I give a beating to the Turks peeps north of Sarikamish with my two infantry units - and then get over excited and lose 3-1 with a Garrison . Still, the position appears stable here.

In Serbia I repair my units and move the British Garrison toward Skopje.

In Italy I attack the German unit south of Trento, causing him some damage - but once again I get too confident and lose a battle with my Garrison against an AH Garrison.

In Brest-Litovsk I re-organise my lines and do some more repair work, no attack really being on here.

In France I need to be careful as I am running out of troops - particularly the French. However, both Verdun and the hex southeast are very tempting and I use both French and British troops to reduce the Infantry in the city to 3, and the Garrison next door to 7.

I also place Haig back on the map 2 hexes south of Calais.

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 89
RE: Bob Flemin's AAR se! - 11/16/2012 8:29:50 PM   
warspite1

Turn 32 - 2nd September 1915

France

Sure enough, I lose my cavalry as the German seek to straighten their front line. I have just six French units left!! Forunately a healthy number of replacements arrive this turn....phew! Joffre also returns, and I place him south of Verdun.

The British get an artillery which I place in Kent. I have some ammo for one of my guns in France and pound the German Garrison blocking the way to Calais. Haig then lays into the hapless unit and he either disappears or retreats out of sight. BUT do I move into the vacated hex? Do I take Calais? I get scared and don't move in...is that a mistake?

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by warspite1 -- 11/16/2012 8:40:21 PM >

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 90
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Commander - The Great War >> After Action Reports >> RE: Bob Flemin's AAR se! Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI