Matrix Games Forums

Buzz Aldrins Space Program Manager is now available!Space Program Manager gets mini-site and Twitch SessionBuzz Aldrin: Ask Me Anything (AMA) on redditDeal of the week Fantasy Kommander: Eukarion WarsSpace Program Manager Launch Contest Announced!Battle Academy 2 is out now on iPad!A closer look at rockets in Space Program ManagerDeal of the Week - Pride of NationsA new update for Piercing Fortress EuropaNew screenshots for War in the West!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Please help me with the calculation

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Norm Koger's The Operational Art Of War III >> The War Room >> Please help me with the calculation Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Please help me with the calculation - 11/13/2012 8:52:14 PM   
LittleCraw

I read it again and again in the manual but I don´t understand this.

Strength = equipment strength x (2 x proficiency + readiness + supply) / 4;

I have calculate it.

For Example: An infantry Unit has a proficiency of 60%,readiness of 90%,Supply of 95%;

the equipment has an Anti Personal strength of 1.it is a musket rifle.And there are 20 musket rifles. I have calculate: 20* (60*2+90+95)/4 =1525;

and it is never even closley to the value the unit have in AP;

What do I wrong??
Can you please explain me the Calculation and all the rules with it,step by step?

Sorry for my english.
Post #: 1
RE: Please help me with the calculation - 11/13/2012 9:45:30 PM   
Curtis Lemay

quote:

ORIGINAL: LittleCraw

I read it again and again in the manual but I don´t understand this.

Strength = equipment strength x (2 x proficiency + readiness + supply) / 4;

I have calculate it.

For Example: An infantry Unit has a proficiency of 60%,readiness of 90%,Supply of 95%;

the equipment has an Anti Personal strength of 1.it is a musket rifle.And there are 20 musket rifles. I have calculate: 20* (60*2+90+95)/4 =1525;

and it is never even closley to the value the unit have in AP;

What do I wrong??
Can you please explain me the Calculation and all the rules with it,step by step?

Sorry for my english.

The value you've calculated is what is applied by the unit during combat.

However, the value displayed on the unit icon is normalized so that the largest displayed strength (prior to shock being applied) of any unit in the game is no more than 31 (omitting naval units).

(in reply to LittleCraw)
Post #: 2
RE: Please help me with the calculation - 11/13/2012 10:38:39 PM   
General Staff

quote:

ORIGINAL: LittleCraw
Strength = equipment strength x (2 x proficiency + readiness + supply) / 4; For Example: An Infantry Unit has a proficiency of 60%, readiness of 90%, Supply of 95%; the equipment has an Anti Personal strength of 1. 20* (60*2+90+95)/4 =1525;

20 * ((0.6*2)+0.9+0.95) / 4 = 5 * (3.05) = 15.25 ?

So you'll only get 20 if P/R/S are all 100% (20*((1*2)+1+1)/4=20*4/4=20 ?

Tactics are based on Weapons... Strategy on Movement... and Movement on Supply.
(J. F. C. Fuller 1878-1966)

(in reply to LittleCraw)
Post #: 3
RE: Please help me with the calculation - 11/14/2012 10:47:43 AM   
LittleCraw

Thank you very much.I guess I begin to understand this.I have already won some games.Kasserine 1943,crete,waterloo1815,arrancourt.I play on strong AI.But however,I never understood the real math behind the game.

So the, For example AP value of 7(just for example) is not an indicator of the real math behind the calculation.So that it would be a short version of(whatever)we say 74,88.
Just a relative strenght value.like a level of strenght.

Please correct me if iam wrong.

(in reply to LittleCraw)
Post #: 4
RE: Please help me with the calculation - 12/18/2012 11:19:10 AM   
Oberst_Klink

Feel free to check out my Tutorial '41 you can find at the Gefechtsstand; slides and in-picture comments included.

Klink, Oberst

Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam
(Marcus Porcius Cato Censorius)

Visit the Gefechtsstand!

(in reply to LittleCraw)
Post #: 5
RE: Please help me with the calculation - 12/18/2012 8:46:46 PM   
ColinWright

Those values on the counters are fairly reliable guides -- but they are not what the program actually uses to calculate the results.

This actually improves the game, as you cannot mathematically see (except in gross cases) that an attack either will or won't work. You have to use your judgment, balance the potential likelihood and costs of all the possible outcomes, and hope for the best -- like in real life.

It can be interesting. I once went from a Poland 1939 scenario to a 1915 scenario. Well, in Poland, quite rightly the Germans were able to bat aside almost anything unless it was fortified and drive on.

...so I'd gotten pretty optimistic about how attacks would go. I went to that 1915 thing and it was like repeatedly smashing my nose into a brick wall.

...also quite rightly.

< Message edited by ColinWright -- 12/18/2012 8:50:44 PM >

"...this country belongs to us, to the white man."

-- Israeli Interior Minister Eli Yishai, interview published on 6/3/2012. Interesting world.

(in reply to LittleCraw)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Norm Koger's The Operational Art Of War III >> The War Room >> Please help me with the calculation Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI