Matrix Games Forums

Space Program Manager Launch Contest Announced!Battle Academy 2 is out now on iPad!A closer look at rockets in Space Program ManagerDeal of the Week - Pride of NationsA new update for Piercing Fortress EuropaNew screenshots for War in the West!Pike & Shot is now available!Server Maintenance Battle Academy 2 gets updated!Deal of the Week: Advanced Tactics Gold
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Fragmented LCU's??

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Tech Support >> RE: Fragmented LCU's?? Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Fragmented LCU's?? - 11/22/2012 9:34:27 AM   
michaelm

The 3-day supply is loaded at time of device is loaded in combat mode. Thus is dependent on the device actually loaded.

This is difficult to forecast from a theoretical load perspective for the menu.

Michael

(in reply to Capt Cliff)
Post #: 31
RE: Fragmented LCU's?? - 11/22/2012 5:21:15 PM   
Capt Cliff

quote:

ORIGINAL: michaelm

The 3-day supply is loaded at time of device is loaded in combat mode. Thus is dependent on the device actually loaded.

This is difficult to forecast from a theoretical load perspective for the menu.

This 3 days of supply needs to be folded into the "verify" calculation when loading an Amphib TF. When I get a "white" or green light to load it appears this 3 days of supply is messing me up. I'll start adding some Kentucky windage to my Amphib loading, say 20%. I just loaded the 25 ID at Luganville and had no problem but I had 30% more cargo than required. The 25th ID loaded just fine. I have also noticed that the Allied units have way more cargo than the Japanese units. Any reason?

Capt. Cliff

(in reply to michaelm)
Post #: 32
RE: Fragmented LCU's?? - 2/18/2013 2:19:18 AM   
Capt Cliff

Addendum; I have continued to have problems with fragmented units. It does appear that the Allies units are more prone to this error with amphib TF's the main culprit, and occasionally transport TF's. I can't remember a Japanese TF having a problem. I now load the unit and do not give it a destination so I can then load the fragment if it fragments. Oh, and I do allow plenty of ectra space but it doesn't seem to matter. Perhaps the loading for the allies is different from the Japanese? Can see why or was it copied incorrectly. Anyway ... FYI

< Message edited by Capt Cliff -- 2/18/2013 2:20:38 AM >

Capt. Cliff

(in reply to Capt Cliff)
Post #: 33
RE: Fragmented LCU's?? - 2/18/2013 9:24:07 AM   
Chris H

quote:

ORIGINAL: Capt Cliff

Has anyone come up with a solution as to how to stop fragmenting LCU's when you load them on a TF? This problem has been around since Uncommon Valor. Anybody?

One thing that often works for me if I'm tight on space is to load without supply first, only loading supply after all possible LCU have loaded.

(in reply to Capt Cliff)
Post #: 34
RE: Fragmented LCU's?? - 2/19/2013 11:48:31 PM   
Capt Cliff

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chris H

quote:

Has anyone come up with a solution as to how to stop fragmenting LCU's when you load them on a TF? This problem has been around since Uncommon Valor. Anybody?

One thing that often works for me if I'm tight on space is to load without supply first, only loading supply after all possible LCU have loaded.

Good work around, but doesn't your combat assault suffer? Anyway I posted again to say it seems the Allies have the problem. When they copied and pasted the loading subroutine, assuming the Japanese was the original since there's seems be be no problem, did they copy it incorrectly or what ever?

Capt. Cliff

(in reply to Chris H)
Post #: 35
RE: Fragmented LCU's?? - 2/21/2013 10:28:26 PM   
jmalter

hi Capt Cliff, i've thought about your posts for a few days now. i'm writing from an Allies-only POV.

1st, under the orig & patch AE, AmphTF capacity was calculated according to TranTF capacities, inevitably causing probs. one had to mentally/scratch-paperly add the 20% Amph-load penalty to the TF.

2nd, even under the recent betas, AmphTF load is not able to calculate the exact/precise supply req'ment. one must still design the AmphTF w/ greater troop/cargo capacity than req'd, ideally you need to see at least 20% overage in both troop & cargo cap when you hit the Verify Load button.

3rd, IMO this prob is 'in the nature of the game', that is, it takes a lot of game-experience & savvy to load a mongo AmphTF. you can't depend on the screens to tell you true.

4th, IJ Amph loads might seem more accurate, but the IJ is much more willing to load troops into cargo-space.

5th, it's a mistake to load to an undocked AmphTF, loading will be slow & will neglect heavy devices.

(in reply to Capt Cliff)
Post #: 36
RE: Fragmented LCU's?? - 2/22/2013 8:38:05 AM   
Chris H

quote:

Michael, hmmmm ... but I was given the ok to load these brigades. Both troop and cargo was white!!?? How am I to guesstimate these extra 3 days of supplies and their cargo requirement? Should the unit be loaded first then fill the balance of the cargo space with supply? Is supply being loaded first? Oh, why am I not having this problem with the Japanese units? Thanks for the reply. This fragmentation of units is why I did not buy the initial release of WitP after Uncommon Valor.

If I'm in any doubt what-so-ever about a unit loading full I will load without supplies first. Takes longer to load (usual a day) but I get few fragments.

(in reply to Capt Cliff)
Post #: 37
RE: Fragmented LCU's?? - 6/14/2013 4:56:59 PM   
Capt Cliff

Addendum; The Allied units are still fragmenting when being loaded onto an Amphib or Transport TF. Can we add a disband button to disband these fragmented units? They are generally nothing but motor support and by the time you load it up and ship it to the parent unit the parent unit has received replacements. A simple disbanding and sending them back to the pool will fix this nagging problem.

Capt. Cliff

(in reply to Chris H)
Post #: 38
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Tech Support >> RE: Fragmented LCU's?? Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI