Thanks for your kind words, Telumar.
Indeed, the counters right now are the best thing.
1) In order to cover 431 BC - 404 BC i'm going for 1 Toaw week = 1 month.
Unfortunately is this or stopping at 410 BC because the 1000 turn limit.
2) I'm using a 15 Km/hex map, converted from the "Epic of the Peloponnesian War" boardgame. In the editor is declared as a 50 Km/hex map to stress supply lines and make all troops slower... Maybe too slow - I'm still experimenting with that.
3) About Equipment: There are hoplites, triremes, peltasts, archers, cavalry, swordmen & spearmen for the persian, generals and kings.
Hoplites are 9 Attack, 18 Defense ATM, with everything having less punch and way less defence (but more movement). IE: Peltasts are 4 - 4.
Strategoi and kings have supply, mp and engineer properties and they are attached to normal hoplite units, but as equipment they do not reinforce - I have yet to beta test that in the long run.
4) Ships! Right now the more daunting task is the sea.
If it was for Peloponnesian Elmer I would release the map in one week (he plays great) but Elmer Pericles is not working at all.
About the ships, I want to make them deadly to other ships but inmune to land troops and inofensive for them (besides their antishipping properties). They also do supply.
5) There are some cool events already. The Olympic truces, Alcibiades defection, Argos neutrality, Mytilene revolt...
I'm using nuclear attacks (!) for the plague in Athens of 430 - 429 and 427. I'd much prefer to use pestilence or chemicals instead, but I don't see how to do that for a single hex.
6) New sounds!
7) And a total lack of Sicily (for now).
I'm going for historicity all the way, but not forcing it (ie, there's no event to kill Pericles at 429 and plague events are somewhat random).
If you guys have any advice or any "don't do that, fool!" I'm all eyes and ears.
Sorry for the wall of text, I've been working alone on this for to much time :)