I played original CC5 to refresh my interest to CC-series and purchased CC Longest Day from Matrix today. Old CC5 worked ok with my laptop, but CC Longest Day suffers serious videocard problem:
- First game told that I can't play, because my computer do not support 800x600 (or better) resolution and refused to run (native resolution is 1280x800)
- I managed to run it from start menu (Windows 8 ;) anyway and intro films and animations ran perfectly
- When menu screen opens, it is only half of screen size and it's purple. It is very hard to read or point menus with mouse.
- With time and will I was able to get to battlefield, but same problems were there: Only half screen + purple colour.
- I tried to change different resolutions with no success
When chose from menu to run game in windowed mode (1280x800) and restated, it solved the purple haze and halved screen problem
- My laptop is old Toshiba Satellite Pro L40 (1,6 ghz dual core + intel 965 express + 2 GB RAM) + Windows 8
Problem was solved during writing this post, so I decided to send it, if somebody experiences similar problems.
Good to be back to CC!,