Army group A and B

Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: The German-Soviet War 1941-1945 is a turn-based World War II strategy game stretching across the entire Eastern Front. Gamers can engage in an epic campaign, including division-sized battles with realistic and historical terrain, weather, orders of battle, logistics and combat results.

The critically and fan-acclaimed Eastern Front mega-game Gary Grigsby’s War in the East just got bigger and better with Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: Don to the Danube! This expansion to the award-winning War in the East comes with a wide array of later war scenarios ranging from short but intense 6 turn bouts like the Battle for Kharkov (1942) to immense 37-turn engagements taking place across multiple nations like Drama on the Danube (Summer 1944 – Spring 1945).

Moderators: Joel Billings, elmo3, Sabre21

smokindave34

Army group A and B

Post by smokindave34 »

I'm in the 2nd week of March '43 in one of my current games and AGS has not split into Army group A and B but instead I have Army group South and Army group A. Not sure if this is correct - anyone else seen this?

Attachments
AGAandB.jpg
AGAandB.jpg (70.78 KiB) Viewed 67 times
gingerbread

RE: Army group A and B

Post by gingerbread »

7.6.7 states:

... Army Group B to Army Group South (4/43) to Army Group North Ukraine (4/44)

but it's not 4/43 in your game yet, so something seems not quite right. It should not have any effect, though.

Did the units that was under AGS before this reassign to OKH?
smokindave34

Post by smokindave34 »

Thanks Gingerbread.

Not all of them. The 6th, 17th, and 1st panzer armies were under AGS and were re-assigned to OKH. I had a few corps that were directly attached to AGS (after 11th army withdrew) and they were automatically re-assigned to army group A. I agree it should not matter, I'm just hoping it's not a indication that there may be more problems coming. I have a lot of time invested in this game and want to see it through to the end.
gingerbread

Post by gingerbread »

ORIGINAL: smokindave34

Not all of them. The 6th, 17th, and 1st panzer armies were under AGS and were re-assigned to OKH. I had a few corps that were directly attached to AGS (after 11th army withdrew) and they were automatically re-assigned to army group A. I agree it should not matter, I'm just hoping it's not a indication that there may be more problems coming. I have a lot of time invested in this game and want to see it through to the end.

The bolded I think is serious enough that you should consider filing a bug in the tech forum, and you might mention the AGB --> AGS conversion date as a possible issue as well.
smokindave34

Post by smokindave34 »

I'll do that - thanks again.
Balou

Post by Balou »

I my games I have seen the variants:
AGS to AGA and AGB in 1941
AGS to AGA and AGS in 1942
AGS to AGA and AGB in 1941 and AGB reconverted to AGS

And I didn't see happen anything uncommon. But I still don't know what triggers these variants.
“Aim towards enemy“.
- instructions on U.S. rocket launcher
mevstedt

Post by mevstedt »

In all my games it has always just been AGS to AGS/AGA. Never seen AGB as far as I can recall.

Might be a AGS->ABG renaming rule I am unaware of, will have to reread the manual again...

I've come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass, and I'm all out of bubble gum!
smokindave34

Post by smokindave34 »

I looked at the manual and it seems as though it should originally be AGA and AGB. I posted this in the tech forum as well.
Balou

Post by Balou »

Right, it should be. But in whatever the split of the initial AGS results, its a bargain in command capacity. In the end I don't care anymore about the designation of the Army Groups after AGS has split.
“Aim towards enemy“.
- instructions on U.S. rocket launcher

Return to “Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series”