Matrix Games Forums

New Screenshots for Pike & ShotDeal of the Week Command: Modern Air/Naval Operations WOTYCommand: Modern Air/Naval Operations WOTY is now available!Frontline : The Longest Day Announced and in Beta!Command gets Wargame of the Year EditionDeal of the Week: Pandora SeriesPandora: Eclipse of Nashira is now availableDistant Worlds Gets another updateHell is Approaching Deal of the Week Battle Academy
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Ownership change

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Ownership change Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Ownership change - 11/9/2012 2:31:07 PM   
adsoul64

Someone knows how the game handles "automatic occupoations"? I mean bases changing ownership without being actually invaded by ground units. All I can see is a message at the beginning of the replay saying "XXX is occupied by the Allied/Japanese", but how and when this happens?
Post #: 1
RE: Ownership change - 11/9/2012 3:32:37 PM   
crsutton

It is random based on the surrounding area that you have in your control. Empty bases have a chance to revert your control. The more isolated a base is the greater the chance. Other factors such as air superiority may apply but I don't know for sure.

I am the Holy Roman Emperor and am above grammar.

Sigismund of Luxemburg

(in reply to adsoul64)
Post #: 2
RE: Ownership change - 11/9/2012 5:03:22 PM   
Puhis

I think there must be a unit with some assault value and level 1 base. Then that base can occupy nearby bases or dot hexes. At least distance of 2 hex, maybe 3 hex.

(in reply to crsutton)
Post #: 3
RE: Ownership change - 11/9/2012 7:23:52 PM   
dr.hal

This whole concept can put you in a pickle... In my current game as the Allies, the Japanese player in China must have decreased the size or mixture of a few front-line units, because on one turn a base BEHIND his lines was in his hands (unoccupied) and then the next turn I owned it! The problem was that the hex had a garrison requirement and the turn after I "owned" it, a VP was awarded to the Japanese as I didn't meet the requirements. This continued on until I divided a Chinese unit and sent a section of that unit AROUND the Japanese into the hex! I still have no idea as to why is was triggered into my camp... all very strange, so I appreciate the question adso... Hal

(in reply to Puhis)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Ownership change Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI