Artillery Unit Defense and Supply

The development team behind the award-winning games Decisive Campaigns: From Warsaw To Paris and Advanced Tactics is back with a new and improved game engine that focuses on the decisive year and theater of World War II! Decisive Campaigns: Case Blue simulates the German drive to Stalingrad and into the Caucasus of the summer of 1942, as well as its May preludes (2nd Kharkov offensive, Operation Trappenjagd) and also the Soviet winter counter-offensive (Operation Uranus) that ended with the encirclement of 6th Army in Stalingrad and the destruction of the axis minor armies. With many improvements including the PBEM++ system, this is a release to watch for wargamers!

Moderator: Vic

klarson56

Artillery Unit Defense and Supply

Post by klarson56 »

I haven't upgraded to v1.02 yet, so maybe this has already been fixed, but......

It seems that in defense, even when defending alone, artillery units (especially the artillery units of the computer oponent) are the toughest to break and take longer to run out of supply than other units.

As a retired artillery officer, a small part of me kind of likes that, but most of me realizes that artillery caught alone tends to be ripe for the picking...isolated examples of extreme heroism combined with luck aside.

As much as I love gunners, they aren't infantry, so one fix would be to start all artillery units with the second or third rate infantry types provided in the game.

Other thoughts?
The Red Baron

RE: Artillery Unit Defense and Supply

Post by The Red Baron »

Other players had the same problem when attacking artillery units and HQ units populated with staff weenies. It was taking far too many combat troops making repeated attacks to bring them to their knees. Vic fixed this in a later version (not sure which), so just upgrade to the lastest patch and this problem should go away.

Return to “Decisive Campaigns: Case Blue”