Matrix Games Forums

New information and screenshots for Pike & ShotDeal of the Week Pride of NationsTo End All Wars Releasing on Steam! Slitherine is recruiting: Programmers requiredPandora: Eclipse of Nashira gets release dateCommunity impressions of To End All WarsAgeod's To End All Wars is now availableTo End All Wars is now available!Deal of the Week: Field of GloryTo End All Wars: Video, AAR and Interview!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Upgrading equipment

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Upgrading equipment Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Upgrading equipment - 11/9/2012 4:44:22 AM   
DicedT

I see supply convoys bringing Matilda tanks to Cape Town, but I don't see the new equipment appearing in India. Are there restrictions on when tanks and other land devices are upgraded?
Post #: 1
RE: Upgrading equipment - 11/9/2012 7:27:08 AM   
castor troy

quote:

ORIGINAL: DicedT

I see supply convoys bringing Matilda tanks to Cape Town, but I don't see the new equipment appearing in India. Are there restrictions on when tanks and other land devices are upgraded?

they don't appear in India or anywhere else on the map, they appear in the device pool where your units on the map can draw from. And yes, there are restrictions on when devices upgrade, can also be seen in the device pool.

(in reply to DicedT)
Post #: 2
RE: Upgrading equipment - 11/9/2012 8:56:32 AM   
Banzan

I think (not 100% sure), units can't jump up the upgrade queue, so you have to upgrade to the next upgrade first, before you can get the 2nd upgrade. Upgrading the tank units in india takes like forever. Don't plan with them before '43.

In generel its very important to have a look at your replacement pool as allies, as you don't produce troops but get replacements. Allowing too many troops to take replacement will let you end with loads of weak units. For example, check out how many troops/equippment the australian troops are missing at the beginning of the game and have a look at the replacement rate of these...

(in reply to castor troy)
Post #: 3
RE: Upgrading equipment - 11/9/2012 3:50:02 PM   
crsutton

quote:

ORIGINAL: Banzan

I think (not 100% sure), units can't jump up the upgrade queue, so you have to upgrade to the next upgrade first, before you can get the 2nd upgrade. Upgrading the tank units in india takes like forever. Don't plan with them before '43.

In generel its very important to have a look at your replacement pool as allies, as you don't produce troops but get replacements. Allowing too many troops to take replacement will let you end with loads of weak units. For example, check out how many troops/equippment the australian troops are missing at the beginning of the game and have a look at the replacement rate of these...

Bazan you make a good point. Now that you can purchase back virtually any destroyed unit the temptation is to do so. However, the replacement rate for British and Australian squads is so low that you just will not be able to fill them all back up. After 43 you get only 30 Australian squads a month. That is about enough to support about four Australian divisions if they are in heavy fighting. Even with 90 squads per month of Indian units, I have not been able to rebuild many lost Indian units and I am coming up to 1945. American units are not a problem though.

However, you cannot upgrade Allied units until the specific date allowed. They cannot be advanced.

Be careful about your Commonwealth tank units. Don't upgrade them all at once. You will still need the plentiful grant and lee tanks well into 1945.

I am the Holy Roman Emperor and am above grammar.

Sigismund of Luxemburg

(in reply to Banzan)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Upgrading equipment Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI