Tell me it is not true!

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

crsutton

Tell me it is not true!

Post by crsutton »

Word on the street is that since Canoerebel has no current game going he has taken up scrapbooking....[X(]

Time for an intervention. It could get ugly.
I am the Holy Roman Emperor and am above grammar.

Sigismund of Luxemburg
bradfordkay

RE: Tell me it is not true!

Post by bradfordkay »

A mere exaggeration... he's just been putting together photo albums of the family camping trips to give away as Christmas presents...[;)]
fair winds,
Brad
Chickenboy

Post by Chickenboy »

Just so long as they don't contain his winsome visage, I think we're OK.
crsutton

Post by crsutton »

Oh no, could it get any worse? Now he is spending his afternoons as a mime on a downtown Atlanta street corner. Please somebody step forward and and challenge him to a game.

Attachments
J_Mime_work22.jpg
J_Mime_work22.jpg (110.21 KiB) Viewed 71 times
I am the Holy Roman Emperor and am above grammar.

Sigismund of Luxemburg
Canoerebel

Post by Canoerebel »

I step away for an hour and what do I find on my return?

Okay, I apologize for clogging the forum with OT stuff like "favorite leading men," "plant life of the Georgia's Ridge & Valley province," and "using carpet cutters as nifty paint scrapers."

I think John III and I are going to begin a new game. We're going to use his Reluctant Admiral mod, I think. I know nothing about that mod. I want it to stay that way, because that will leave me the fun task of figuring out what's involved even while the game is unfolding. For instance, I know generally that Japan gets some extra ships, but I don't know what or when.

John and I haven't gone any further than to discuss the possibility "in general." We haven't done anything like discuss house rules or settings. I'm inclined to tell him all settings in favor of Japan (PDU On, Realistic R&D Off, etc.) with one concession to the Allies: historical torps off. I don't think this gives the Allies a huge advantage, at least the way I use subs, but it helps when you know the subs aren't entirely useless early in the war.

I don't care about any house rules. As far as I'm concerned, we can discuss anything that comes up and deal with it ad hoc. But I'm not opposed to these rules: spending PPs to move across national borders and no strat bombing in China/SEAC/DEI until 1944.

Are there stacking limits in RA? I'm not sure I want to use stacking limits, though it's not a game stopper for me.
"Rats set fire to Mr. Cooper’s store in Fort Valley. No damage done." Columbus (Ga) Enquirer-Sun, October 2, 1880.
Bullwinkle58

Post by Bullwinkle58 »

ORIGINAL: Canoerebel

Are there stacking limits in RA? I'm not sure I want to use stacking limits, though it's not a game stopper for me.

Stacking limits would be the least of your worries. [:)]
The Moose
ny59giants

Post by ny59giants »

Bora Bora or Bust for John!! [:D]
[center]Image[/center]
John 3rd

Post by John 3rd »

This is a TERRIBLE rumor started by evil elves from Rivendell! Why would I EVER want to start another campaign against a known trouble-maker like the Southern Paddler??

Bora Bora Michael?

Hmmmm...

I need oil. Guess this means I must get to the Middle East...

YES: CR and I are gonna match wits and attempt to recreate the atmosphere we had way back in the dim ages with WitP. It shall be a blast.

Member: Treaty, Reluctant Admiral and Between the Storms Mod Team.
Cribtop

Post by Cribtop »

CR, if you want someone to go out at the Allies in a game, John III is a good choice. [:D]
whippleofd

Post by whippleofd »

Well, that self imposed exile didn't last long. :)

Whipple
MMCS(SW/AW) 1981-2001
1981 RTC, SD
81-82 NPS, Orlando
82-85 NPTU, Idaho Falls
85-90 USS Truxtun (CGN-35)
90-93 USS George Washington (CVN-73)
93-96 NFAS Orlando
96-01 Navsea-08/Naval Reactors
John 3rd

Post by John 3rd »

The reality here is that CR will get a bit of a break. I need time to get RA 5.0 finished and that isn't happening for at least a week. He'll get his break and then I BREAK HIM! (Didn't Drago say that to Rocky in #4?)

Member: Treaty, Reluctant Admiral and Between the Storms Mod Team.
JocMeister

Post by JocMeister »

I'm inclined to tell him all settings in favor of Japan (PDU On, Realistic R&D Off, etc.)

You are aware he just occupied OZ in his other game? [:D]
obvert

Post by obvert »

ORIGINAL: JocMeister

I'm inclined to tell him all settings in favor of Japan (PDU On, Realistic R&D Off, etc.)

You are aware he just occupied OZ in his other game? [:D]

Also, take a look at the list of toys this scenario offers before acquiescing to even more concessions. Amphibious brigades, multiple mobile CD gun units, more troops and more planes, plus a shedload of the best IJN Taiho CVs.

Realistic R n D off is going to be murder for you against someone who knows the Japanese economy very well. Although his reputation would counter this, with R n D off it's arguable the Japanese would not need to go past historical, but could just sit and wait to use innumerable late war planes against you several years ahead of their usual arrival dates.

PDU on only will be plenty tough enough.
"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm." - Winston Churchill
JeffroK

Post by JeffroK »

Never play the guy that designed the scenario!!

He'll have IJN Marines popping up at Pt Stanley or Panama before you know it!
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum
JohnDillworth

Post by JohnDillworth »

I need oil. Guess this means I must get to the Middle East...
Well don't come to Suffolk County New York. We have no gas or oil and we get it we have to ration it odd or even by license plate.
Today I come bearing an olive branch in one hand, and the freedom fighter's gun in the other. Do not let the olive branch fall from my hand. I repeat, do not let the olive branch fall from my hand. - Yasser Arafat Speech to UN General Assembly

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”