Matrix Games Forums

Command gets huge update!Order of Battle: Pacific Featured on Weekly Streaming SessionA new fight for Battle Academy!Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager is out for Mac!The definitive wargame of the Western Front is out now! War in the West gets teaser trailer and Twitch Stream!New Preview AAR for War in the West!War in the West Manual previewThe fight for Armageddon begins! The Matrix Holiday sales are starting today!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Gold 2003.16b3 bug

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> Larry Bond's Harpoon - Ultimate Edition >> Tech Support >> Gold 2003.16b3 bug Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Gold 2003.16b3 bug - 11/8/2012 2:27:34 PM   
lecrop

A bug when zooming the Group window 16x and up. Tested at different computers. No problem with all other versions.

8x is correct:

16x window (same problem with superior zoomings):

Post #: 1
RE: Gold 2003.16b3 bug - 11/8/2012 3:51:02 PM   
TonyE

Thank you for the report. I assume you are playing one of the legacy versions from the HC20 launcher? The 'fix' is to play the current HC version included in the Ultimate package. Since the newer versions contain fixes for a number of issues in the earlier versions we have no intention of going back to the older code bases to back-port fixes.

The 19 older versions of HC were included to provide the ability to look at the game through the years, see when bugs were fixed, re-broken, fixed again and to see how far the game has come even if it visually looks quite similar to the first release. Plus the DOS versions are happy to run in emulators on tablets and such!

Sincerely,
Tony Eischens
Harpoon (HC, HCE, HUCE, Classic) programmer
HarpGamer.com Co-Owner

(in reply to lecrop)
Post #: 2
RE: Gold 2003.16b3 bug - 11/8/2012 4:26:22 PM   
lecrop

quote:

ORIGINAL: TonyE

Thank you for the report. I assume you are playing one of the legacy versions from the HC20 launcher? The 'fix' is to play the current HC version included in the Ultimate package. Since the newer versions contain fixes for a number of issues in the earlier versions we have no intention of going back to the older code bases to back-port fixes.

The 19 older versions of HC were included to provide the ability to look at the game through the years, see when bugs were fixed, re-broken, fixed again and to see how far the game has come even if it visually looks quite similar to the first release. Plus the DOS versions are happy to run in emulators on tablets and such!

TonyE, thanks for your fast response.

Of course, I figured that is not possible to solve the older version's bugs, but it is curious that this problem is not in the previous version 2003.15

I play ANW and HCE on my personal computer, but the Gold version is very useful for me to play on a computer where I have no admin rights, via a portable installation on a pendrive. That's not possible with HCE because it needs to have been installed normally, with the resulting registry modification. BTW I am very happy to be able to play the 2003.15 version at least

< Message edited by lecrop -- 11/8/2012 10:01:58 PM >

(in reply to TonyE)
Post #: 3
RE: Gold 2003.16b3 bug - 11/9/2012 4:05:48 AM   
panzer56

I play ANW and HCE on my personal computer, but the Gold version is very useful for me to play on a computer where I have no admin rights, via a portable installation on a pendrive. That's not possible with HCE because it needs to have been installed normally, with the resulting registry modification.[/quote]

Harpoon3 v3.6.3 can also be played from any computer without the installation/registry process. All that is needed is to copy the "Harpoon 3 v3.6.3" folder directly to the new drive.

(in reply to lecrop)
Post #: 4
RE: Gold 2003.16b3 bug - 11/9/2012 8:37:05 AM   
lecrop

Nice! but I'm more interested in classic Harpoon.

(in reply to panzer56)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> Larry Bond's Harpoon - Ultimate Edition >> Tech Support >> Gold 2003.16b3 bug Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI