Matrix Games Forums

Deal of the Week - Pride of NationsA new update for Piercing Fortress EuropaNew screenshots for War in the West!Pike & Shot is now available!Server Maintenance Battle Academy 2 gets updated!Deal of the Week: Advanced Tactics Gold Ask Buzz Aldrin!Pike & Shot gets Release Date and Twitch Session!Deal of the Week Espana 1936
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

BFTB - Demo.

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command Ops Series >> Tech Support >> BFTB - Demo. Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
BFTB - Demo. - 11/7/2012 9:39:19 AM   
motspur

I ran this issue past Support and they referred me to this Forum. It's not a format with which I'm familiar: I've been trying the Demo and experienced some issues that I'd like reassurance about, before purchasing. For example, important Tabs like OB and Messages are supposed to get Scrolling but mine do not - making navigation very difficult. I don't think these are Resolution-related, as the Instal picked up my usual 1920x1080 okay. It could be a problem with the Demo that got fixed Live or perhaps there's a Patch ?
Post #: 1
RE: BFTB - Demo. - 11/7/2012 12:05:36 PM   
Arjuna

motspur,

Welcome. Please email a DXDiag report to support[at]panthergames[dot]com and I'll check it out and get back to you. For info on how to create a DXDiag report see here: http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3026705

Dave "Arjuna" O'Connor
www.panthergames.com

(in reply to motspur)
Post #: 2
RE: BFTB - Demo. - 11/7/2012 2:43:55 PM   
simovitch

Do you mean scrolling, as with the middle mouse wheel?

Do the briefing and reinforcement windows scroll?

simovitch

(in reply to motspur)
Post #: 3
RE: BFTB - Demo. - 11/7/2012 10:27:14 PM   
Arjuna

motsur,

I got your DXDiag report, thanks. I don't see anything there that should be causing the problem though I note you are using AMD processors, but that should not be an issue, though we don't have any here to test.

First off, yes those tab views should scroll but only if there is enough data to warrant scrolling. The scroll bars will be locked untill there is enough data to overflow the view depth. Assuming there is, then they should scroll and this is the first report we have received that they do not and that's in over two years. My first option would be to re-download and install the demo. Can you please do so and get back to me here. Thanks.

Dave "Arjuna" O'Connor
www.panthergames.com

(in reply to simovitch)
Post #: 4
RE: BFTB - Demo. - 11/7/2012 11:26:48 PM   
Lieste

Dave, this isn't the font size problem again?

(in reply to Arjuna)
Post #: 5
RE: BFTB - Demo. - 11/7/2012 11:54:05 PM   
wodin

Dav, never had any issues my end and I use AMD CPU.

My Tactical wargame facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/Tacticalwargame

(in reply to Lieste)
Post #: 6
RE: BFTB - Demo. - 11/14/2012 12:15:39 PM   
motspur

Hello Arjuna and thanks for your further Input. I regret that I didn't respond sooner but I thought I'd flagged myelf to get e-Mail notifications of Messages and, presumably, failed - my apologies to you and simovitch but I've no understanding of how these Forums operate. As to re-Downloading, I work within a strict monthly download-Allowance and will have no opportunity to re-try for a couple of weeks, if then. I'll get back in touch, as and when.

(in reply to Arjuna)
Post #: 7
RE: BFTB - Demo. - 11/14/2012 12:58:12 PM   
motspur

Hello again. Remembering my Forum-ignorance, after I replied just now, I read some further Input in which Lieste mentioned some Font-size issue which sounded promising to me - so I re-visited BFTB but in the Demo, one cannot Save a game [ I understand that restriction but BFTB St.Vith is a lengthy scenario and evaluation is hampered when one cannot Save ] so populating the OB tab such that it overflows takes several hours but I remembered simovich querying the Briefing tab and, sure enough, it also lacks vertical and horizontal Scrollability – I have a Screendump but don't see how to Attach it.

(in reply to motspur)
Post #: 8
RE: BFTB - Demo. - 12/30/2012 5:47:49 PM   
fatgreta1066

I have just installed the demo, and have an identical problem to this user's. I also have an AMD processor. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the demo, and also ran dxdiag and emailed the information as the OP was instructed to do. The problem persists after re-install. In the demo, some of the information that I'm unable to scroll to is very important (they are options such as "secure crossing" in the attack orders) for long term game play.

I am only posting here because I'd like to know if it's a demo specific issue, or if it's likely to persist if I purchase the full game (which I will certainly do if this issue won't be part of the full game, or can be corrected).

(in reply to motspur)
Post #: 9
RE: BFTB - Demo. - 12/31/2012 12:20:38 AM   
Arjuna

quote:

ORIGINAL: fatgreta1066
I'm unable to scroll to is very important (they are options such as "secure crossing" in the attack orders) for long term game play.

Welcome. mmm...Are you saying that in the task view of the sidebar where you issue an attack order that the "secure crossing" checkbox is not visible? The task view is not scrollable. All items shouyld be contained withing the view. Please do a screen dump (just hit Print Screen and paste into a paint program like MS Paint) and upload here, so I can see what you are talking about. If this i the case, then it probably is a font size issue. In which case, ensure you have the Display font size set to 100%. That's the "smallest" option under Win 7.

Attachment (1)

Dave "Arjuna" O'Connor
www.panthergames.com

(in reply to fatgreta1066)
Post #: 10
RE: BFTB - Demo. - 12/31/2012 12:12:18 PM   
fatgreta1066

You are a genius sir! That was in fact the issue. I've got a larger problem about how to make my resolution work on this TV that I use as a monitor, so it doesn't ruin my eyes, but as far as this situation is concerned, I seem to have found an answer. Thank you.

(in reply to Arjuna)
Post #: 11
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command Ops Series >> Tech Support >> BFTB - Demo. Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI