Matrix Games Forums

Deal of the Week Battle Academy Battle Academy 2 Out now!Legions of Steel ready for betaBattle Academy 2 gets trailers and Steam page!Deal of the Week Germany at WarSlitherine Group acquires Shenandoah StudioNew information and screenshots for Pike & ShotDeal of the Week Pride of NationsTo End All Wars Releasing on Steam! Slitherine is recruiting: Programmers required
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Maelstrom (US campaign) **NEW NOV 2012**

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Panzer Corps >> Mods and Scenarios >> Maelstrom (US campaign) **NEW NOV 2012** Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Maelstrom (US campaign) **NEW NOV 2012** - 11/7/2012 9:26:05 AM   
El Condoro

November 8th is the 70th anniversary of Operation 'Torch'. To commemorate the event I am releasing Maelstrom - US Campaign - which spans the US involvement in the ETO of World War Two, from Torch, to Italy, to Europe. It does not cover all US actions (e.g. 'Market-Garden' is intended for the British campaign, as is Monte Cassino etc) but it covers most of them.

Campaign Scenarios
The full list of scenarios is in the Game Library:

Briefings
Another addition to the Library is the scenario briefings. Can't remember what you were told in the briefing? No problem, it's in the Library.

Installation:
1. Game files (260Mb): Use the GME. No other mods are required and should be uninstalled from the GME first. Extract the ZIP file to the main GME folder and install.
2. Scenario/campaign files: Extract the ZIP file to the "Mods" folder in your My Games\Panzer Corps folder. To play the campaign, you will find it under the 'Other campaigns' folder on the 'New Game' screen.

Please note that Maelstrom was not designed to be compatible with other mods or the vanilla game - use the GME to install and play Maelstrom, but uninstall it when playing other mods or starting MP games.

Tested and confirmed installation requirements: version 1.00 -> version 1.10 Afrika Korps -> version 1.11. Have not tested with DLC West (1.11) but I assume it would be the same.

Testing
The campaign has been fully tested by me, however, it needs to be tested by others with the various configurations of Panzer Corps to determine if it will have any game-breaker issues, like not being able to open scenarios due to lacking required content. Other things like scenario balance are almost impossible to get right for everyone, so I didn't try - it's designed to be played on Colonel difficulty but some will find it too easy, others too hard etc. Historical accuracy is likewise subjective - I tried to make it historical but may have taken some licence in the interests of playability. If you have any game-breaker issues please let me know ASAP.

Anyway, I hope you enjoy it and if you have any comments, questions, suggestions, criticisms etc - feel free to share them.

Discussion on Slitherine forum

Cheers
El Condoro
Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Panzer Corps >> Mods and Scenarios >> Maelstrom (US campaign) **NEW NOV 2012** Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI