Matrix Games Forums

Battle Academy 2 is out now on iPad!A closer look at rockets in Space Program ManagerDeal of the Week - Pride of NationsA new update for Piercing Fortress EuropaNew screenshots for War in the West!Pike & Shot is now available!Server Maintenance Battle Academy 2 gets updated!Deal of the Week: Advanced Tactics Gold Ask Buzz Aldrin!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

OT Election Day in America

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> OT Election Day in America Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
OT Election Day in America - 11/6/2012 2:56:01 PM   
Canoerebel

Impossible, you say? Impossible to have a thread about politics without getting political?

I say, No!

We can do it. Here's the rules. Anything posted in this thread has to be old, and anyone who posts something aimed at one side must post something equally fun against the other side. Alternatively, just don't post anything, but enjoy the following two clips. If you can't smile at these, you're wound way too tight. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_AgoX_jam8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=srrw_UnlRII
Post #: 1
RE: OT Election Day in America - 11/6/2012 3:12:58 PM   
dr.hal

Great clips and well balanced! There is "Hope" yet for the political process....

(in reply to Canoerebel)
Post #: 2
RE: OT Election Day in America - 11/6/2012 3:22:00 PM   
Canoerebel

So, we finally get to choose between the two candidates. Which one do you prefer? (I used to say "What's behind Door # 2," but after seeing what's Behind Door # 1, I think both would do nicely.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Llcj_QRkVeU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hKB5wovooh8

Here's Bullwinkle's choice: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yH-BMbjh1VU

(in reply to Canoerebel)
Post #: 3
RE: OT Election Day in America - 11/6/2012 3:43:40 PM   
Chickenboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Canoerebel

So, we finally get to choose between the two candidates. Which one do you prefer? (I used to say "What's behind Door # 2," but after seeing what's Behind Door # 1, I think both would do nicely.)

See, we can reach accord, Kayak Johnie! For I too agree with your summary of the choices. Either would do nicely.

(in reply to Canoerebel)
Post #: 4
RE: OT Election Day in America - 11/6/2012 3:48:40 PM   
Bullwinkle58

quote:

Here's Bullwinkle's choice: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yH-BMbjh1VU

You know Mrs. Howell was a freak when the market was up!

And seriously, you give us Tina L. in one of the best swimsuit scenes of the decade and THAT's the Mary Ann you pick?

The Moose

(in reply to Canoerebel)
Post #: 5
RE: OT Election Day in America - 11/6/2012 4:24:29 PM   
mike scholl 1

I'd just be happy to be able to vote FOR someone instead of AGAINST their opponant. Surely with 300,000,000 of us, the parties can do better than they have been at coming up with local, State, and National candidates.

(in reply to Bullwinkle58)
Post #: 6
RE: OT Election Day in America - 11/6/2012 4:26:39 PM   
Bullwinkle58

quote:

ORIGINAL: mike scholl 1

I'd just be happy to be able to vote FOR someone instead of AGAINST their opponant. Surely with 300,000,000 of us, the parties can do better than they have been at coming up with local, State, and National candidates.

Second cycle in a row the Dems didn't run anyone against my state House rep. And he's a terrible rep.

The Moose

(in reply to mike scholl 1)
Post #: 7
RE: OT Election Day in America - 11/6/2012 4:44:25 PM   
Commander Stormwolf

must be fair and balanced for both sides? hehehe.. okay

don't vote for either of them

Jesse Ventura 2016

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r7WGMGHNHfw

"No Enemy Survives Contact with the Plan" - Commander Stormwolf

(in reply to Canoerebel)
Post #: 8
RE: OT Election Day in America - 11/6/2012 4:49:00 PM   
Chickenboy

quote:

I think there's pretty clear differences in terms of positive experiences with the major candidates. If you focus on work experiences, track records, voting records and outlook, these POSITIVE differences become clearer. I voted FOR one candidate, whilest simultaneously voting AGAINST his opponent in the Presidential race.

Post #: 9
RE: OT Election Day in America - 11/6/2012 4:50:58 PM   
Chickenboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bullwinkle58

quote:

Second cycle in a row the Dems didn't run anyone against my state House rep. And he's a terrible rep.

What I don't get is how *my* United States House of Representatives incumbent can still be leading in polls. I guess being Batsh** crazy and semi-literate is OK?

Post #: 10
RE: OT Election Day in America - 11/6/2012 4:57:13 PM   
GreyJoy

I heard there are the "usual" problems with Florida...seems that some persons are being stuck for several hours at the pools without a chance to express their vote...

On our news they say this may lead to a possible series of legal actions from the loser candidate once everything is over...

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 11
RE: OT Election Day in America - 11/6/2012 5:00:31 PM   
Commander Stormwolf

"electronic voting is a farce, and a fraud" - Aaron Russo

"No Enemy Survives Contact with the Plan" - Commander Stormwolf

(in reply to GreyJoy)
Post #: 12
RE: OT Election Day in America - 11/6/2012 5:09:30 PM   
Chickenboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: GreyJoy

I heard there are the "usual" problems with Florida...seems that some persons are being stuck for several hours at the pools without a chance to express their vote...

What's the problem with being stuck at their pools for several hours? With the weather here, that sounds awesome!

(in reply to GreyJoy)
Post #: 13
RE: OT Election Day in America - 11/6/2012 6:17:47 PM   
Canoerebel

I had a very hard time finding a good You Tube of Mary Ann and Mrs. Howell. These were the best I could come up with giving it a reasonable effort ("reasonable effort" for a light-hearted post like this one is a couple of minutes). I tried to find one for Mary Ann using the search phrase "Mary Ann in short shorts" but didn't strike instantaneous gold like I expected. If Mary Ann brought me a coconut creme pie in her traditional short shorts.....Lord, have mercy!

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 14
RE: OT Election Day in America - 11/6/2012 6:18:47 PM   
SuluSea

quote:

I doubt the founding fathers could envision the mess on both sides of the aisle . As proud as I am of my service and how much love I have for the men and women in uniform I wouldn't spill a drop of my blood for the big money that controls D.C.

< Message edited by SuluSea -- 11/6/2012 6:19:07 PM >

”How strangely will the Tools of a Tyrant pervert the plain Meaning of Words!” ~ Samuel Adams

Post #: 15
RE: OT Election Day in America - 11/6/2012 6:21:21 PM   
Bullwinkle58

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chickenboy

quote:

quote:

What I don't get is how *my* United States House of Representatives incumbent can still be leading in polls. I guess being Batsh** crazy and semi-literate is OK?

So, Michele B?

The Moose

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 16
RE: OT Election Day in America - 11/6/2012 6:23:04 PM   
Bullwinkle58

quote:

I had a very hard time finding a good You Tube of Mary Ann and Mrs. Howell. These were the best I could come up with giving it a reasonable effort ("reasonable effort" for a light-hearted post like this one is a couple of minutes). I tried to find one for Mary Ann using the search phrase "Mary Ann in short shorts" but didn't strike instantaneous gold like I expected. If Mary Ann brought me a coconut creme pie in her traditional short shorts.....Lord, have mercy!

I have Season 1 on DVD. The freeze frame works well.

The Moose

(in reply to Canoerebel)
Post #: 17
RE: OT Election Day in America - 11/6/2012 6:24:11 PM   
Bullwinkle58

quote:

ORIGINAL: SuluSea

quote:

I doubt the founding fathers could envision the mess on both sides of the aisle . As proud as I am of my service and how much love I have for the men and women in uniform I wouldn't spill a drop of my blood for the big money that controls D.C.

Well, they naively wrote the Constitution without reference to political parties. Nope, not in there. That lasted a couple of days.

The Moose

(in reply to SuluSea)
Post #: 18
RE: OT Election Day in America - 11/6/2012 6:24:24 PM   
Chickenboy

quote:

Well, personally I've never really seen the appeal of "Hot Pants". Whatever floats your boat, Canoe.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Canoerebel)
Post #: 19
RE: OT Election Day in America - 11/6/2012 6:25:31 PM   
Canoerebel

What the heck? Is that Mr. and Mrs. Micheline Tire Man in their Speedos?

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 20
RE: OT Election Day in America - 11/6/2012 6:26:09 PM   
Chickenboy

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

So, Michele B?

Now, I don't want to name names, Bull.

Post #: 21
RE: OT Election Day in America - 11/6/2012 6:30:18 PM   
SuluSea

quote:

quote:

I have Season 1 on DVD. The freeze frame works well.

You boys are tugging at the heartstrings.... I have all four seasons of Mchales Navy and love it. Maybe it's my taste but that was great entertainment.... Gilligans Island, Hogan's Heroes, McHales Navy, Get Smart, The Twilight Zone and on and on....

< Message edited by SuluSea -- 11/6/2012 6:32:32 PM >

”How strangely will the Tools of a Tyrant pervert the plain Meaning of Words!” ~ Samuel Adams

Post #: 22
RE: OT Election Day in America - 11/6/2012 6:37:51 PM   
Bullwinkle58

quote:

Try

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8wrEqsTJCmg&feature=related

for a huge collection of stills of both of them, including some pretty rare ones. Tina's "Playboy" shoot is fuzzed out to meet youtube reqs.

Skip to about a minute in to avoid the author's opinions.

The Moose

(in reply to Canoerebel)
Post #: 23
RE: OT Election Day in America - 11/6/2012 7:01:42 PM   
obvert

quote:

quote:

Try

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8wrEqsTJCmg&feature=related

for a huge collection of stills of both of them, including some pretty rare ones. Tina's "Playboy" shoot is fuzzed out to meet youtube reqs.

Skip to about a minute in to avoid the author's opinions.

While the intro and the voice work is annoying, that man has a solid premiss figured out there. So the answer to the question is obvious. Both! But definitely Mary-Ann first, preferably in the short shorts and ruffled, low cut blouse.

Back to other matters, a slightly humorous meeting today between a co-worker and a reporter polling Americans here in London about the election. she approached him, questioned him for a while, and then said, "I have to say sir, you speak very well for an American!"

At that point he reverted quickly into his home town Georgia accent and said, "Why thank you miss, I'm sure glad you think so! I don't get that often here in London." Then walked away. Lucky I was wearing a brown shirt today because there are definitely now coffee stains down the front.

"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm." - Winston Churchill

Post #: 24
RE: OT Election Day in America - 11/6/2012 7:10:34 PM   
Chickenboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: obvert
"I have to say sir, you speak very well for an American!"

In the interest of international relations, I should let you know about something that the English may not have internalized: this is extremely rude.

I'd have been angry with the reporter for this backhanded 'compliment'. I may have even complimented her on being able to wear a skirt two sizes too small for her oversized arse.

< Message edited by Chickenboy -- 11/6/2012 7:11:28 PM >

(in reply to obvert)
Post #: 25
RE: OT Election Day in America - 11/6/2012 7:16:08 PM   
obvert

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: obvert
"I have to say sir, you speak very well for an American!"

In the interest of international relations, I should let you know about something that the English may not have internalized: this is extremely rude.

I'd have been angry with the reporter for this backhanded 'compliment'. I may have even complimented her on being able to wear a skirt two sizes too small for her oversized arse.

Being an American I felt the same. I spewed my cappuccino at the quickness of my colleage's response, changing his accent from his more neutral mid-atlantic usual to a true deep south accent just to have some fun with her.

"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm." - Winston Churchill

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 26
RE: OT Election Day in America - 11/6/2012 9:25:58 PM   
geofflambert

quote:

On our news they say this may lead to a possible series of legal actions from the loser candidate once everything is over...

Perhaps our Supreme Court will appoint our President again.

If elected your Senator, I will filibuster any attempt to place Ginger over Mary Ann. By the way, was Mary Ann ever in a Dirndl? I'm starting to sweat just thinking about it.

(in reply to GreyJoy)
Post #: 27
RE: OT Election Day in America - 11/6/2012 9:40:14 PM   
Bullwinkle58

quote:

ORIGINAL: geofflambert

quote:

Perhaps our Supreme Court will appoint our President again.

If elected your Senator, I will filibuster any attempt to place Ginger over Mary Ann. By the way, was Mary Ann ever in a Dirndl? I'm starting to sweat just thinking about it.

TMI!!!!!

The Moose

(in reply to geofflambert)
Post #: 28
RE: OT Election Day in America - 11/6/2012 10:04:44 PM   
ctangus

quote:

ORIGINAL: geofflambert

If elected your Senator, I will filibuster any attempt to place Ginger over Mary Ann.

You just earned my vote. Mary Ann FTW!

quote:

Impossible, you say? Impossible to have a thread about politics without getting political?

I say, No!

We can do it.

Of course we can do it! It's not like you're bringing up a controversial subject like A6M vs. F4F.

(in reply to geofflambert)
Post #: 29
RE: OT Election Day in America - 11/6/2012 10:11:16 PM   
RevRick

I am still waiting for the Constitutional Amendment which requires all ballots to have "None of the above" as a valid choice in the election. There would have to be a few details to work out, like the next election, etc., but that could be done.

"Action springs not from thought, but from a readiness for responsibility.” ― Dietrich Bonhoeffer

Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> OT Election Day in America Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI