Matrix Games Forums

War in the West gets its first update!Flashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm version 2.08 is now available!Command gets huge update!Order of Battle: Pacific Featured on Weekly Streaming SessionA new fight for Battle Academy!Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager is out for Mac!The definitive wargame of the Western Front is out now! War in the West gets teaser trailer and Twitch Stream!New Preview AAR for War in the West!War in the West Manual preview
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

ship updat question

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Scenario Design and Modding >> ship updat question Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
ship updat question - 11/5/2012 6:02:44 PM   
Buck Beach

Can anybody tell me if I remove the armaments from a ship (in the ships menu in the editor) prior to the start of the game, can I upgrade to the armed configuration to the same class of that date during the game?

Example: Research shows a ship to be unarmed at game start but arms during 1st quarter 1942 and I don't want to add another class update line.

Hope the question makes sense.

Buck
Post #: 1
RE: ship updat question - 11/5/2012 6:53:40 PM   
Norm3

Buck,

if I understand you, you want to add to a current ships armament, like AA guns, after you have started the game?

In my experiance, you can alter the tonnage, durability, armor, range, anything on the top of the editor page and it will correct when you reload the game. just click yes to any changes.

The guns, torps, radar, ect will not upodate. You can add a class update, make it take a day, and your new changes will take hold when you restart the game and then you spend a turn up gunning your ship.

Hope this helps.

Norm

(in reply to Buck Beach)
Post #: 2
RE: ship updat question - 11/6/2012 1:00:35 AM   
Buck Beach

quote:

ORIGINAL: Norm3

Buck,

if I understand you, you want to add to a current ships armament, like AA guns, after you have started the game?

In my experiance, you can alter the tonnage, durability, armor, range, anything on the top of the editor page and it will correct when you reload the game. just click yes to any changes.

The guns, torps, radar, ect will not upodate. You can add a class update, make it take a day, and your new changes will take hold when you restart the game and then you spend a turn up gunning your ship.

Hope this helps.

Norm

I was trying to get sneaky by removing the guns and then upgrade to the same class but I guess the game is to smart for me.

Buck

(in reply to Norm3)
Post #: 3
RE: ship updat question - 11/6/2012 2:29:17 AM   
michaelm

You could create the ship of that class but set the armaments to 0 devices.
This would then be treated as a "repair-like" refit to get the correct weapons for the class.

I think one or two ships are like this in the scenario #1. The ship hadn't received its radar (so number was 0) but others in the class had. (??)

Michael

(in reply to Buck Beach)
Post #: 4
RE: ship updat question - 11/6/2012 3:46:06 AM   
PaxMondo

quote:

ORIGINAL: michaelm

You could create the ship of that class but set the armaments to 0 devices.
This would then be treated as a "repair-like" refit to get the correct weapons for the class.

I think one or two ships are like this in the scenario #1. The ship hadn't received its radar (so number was 0) but others in the class had. (??)

This works really well. I use this technique with good results on both radar and some AA devices ...

Pax

(in reply to michaelm)
Post #: 5
RE: ship updat question - 11/6/2012 9:23:27 AM   
LargeSlowTarget

I think it will be less work to add new ship classes without armament and have them upgrade to the existing classes at some date in early 42 rather than setting the armaments of individual ships to 0 - there are many dozens of ships on-map at the start which would need to be "zeroed" one by one.

Buck, I will shoot you the latest version of my mod which has unarmed classes for US merchies - since arming of US ships was only authorized on November 17th, 1941. I assume this is what you have in mind, right?

Carpe Cerevisiam

WitP AAR "Six Years of War"

(in reply to PaxMondo)
Post #: 6
RE: ship updat question - 11/6/2012 6:09:13 PM   
Buck Beach

Yes this is what I am talking about.

Buck

(in reply to michaelm)
Post #: 7
RE: ship updat question - 11/6/2012 6:10:14 PM   
Buck Beach

Sounds good LST

Thanks

(in reply to LargeSlowTarget)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Scenario Design and Modding >> ship updat question Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI