Matrix Games Forums

Come and see us during the Spieltagen in Essen!New Screenshots for Pike & ShotDeal of the Week Command: Modern Air/Naval Operations WOTYCommand: Modern Air/Naval Operations WOTY is now available!Frontline : The Longest Day Announced and in Beta!Command gets Wargame of the Year EditionDeal of the Week: Pandora SeriesPandora: Eclipse of Nashira is now availableDistant Worlds Gets another updateHell is Approaching
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Ambush bug ?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Decisive Campaigns: Case Blue >> Tech Support >> Ambush bug ? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Ambush bug ? - 11/5/2012 9:27:56 AM   
Gribeauval

My unit was at 2 hex from an enemy town that seemed unoccupied.
I have clicked on the move button, the town was highlighted and I have clicked on the town to move this unit in it.
The town was occupied by enemy units that were concealed.
Instead of moving into an ambush, my unit has ended its move adjacent to the enemy stack outside the town.

Should not a surprise combat have been initiated, since the destination was the town itself (that was occupied by the enemy)?
Post #: 1
RE: Ambush bug ? - 11/6/2012 12:00:39 AM   
The Red Baron

This has happened to me before, too. I think whether or not your unit gets ambushed depends on the inherent reconnaisance capability of the unit in question. I've noticed certain units, especially Soviet tank brigades, seem to blunder into ambushes more readily than units which contain lots of infantry. Your unit probably spotted the enemy unit at a distance of 10km and stopped short of its move order to escape the ambush. IIRC, the mechanism for an ambush is not explained in the manual; but, it's probably influenced by the amount of infantry in the unit, the unit's experience and a random factor rather than occuring with definite certainty each time. Maybe the Corps/Army staff experience also influences its probability?

(in reply to Gribeauval)
Post #: 2
RE: Ambush bug ? - 11/9/2012 3:51:16 PM   
stonestriker

Another potential ambush bug:

I tried to move a militia unit inside a city in enemy territory and was ambushed by two fighter squadrons!.

Since air units always retreat when attacked, they should be able to stop a unit from entering a city

(in reply to The Red Baron)
Post #: 3
RE: Ambush bug ? - 11/9/2012 4:12:11 PM   
The Red Baron

I'm not sure why two fighter squadrons should be allowed to "amubush" a ground unit (every time this has happend to me, my units stop short of the hex occupied by the enemy air unit w/o being ambushed), but if your militia still has enough action points to enter the hex, attack it immediately. Although the air units will retreat, they lose ALL their aircraft in the process; you turn them into empty shells.

(in reply to stonestriker)
Post #: 4
RE: Ambush bug ? - 11/10/2012 10:00:02 AM   
Vic

Its not really an ambush perse but more like surprise enemy contact as well. Thats why its only 2 rounds and the movement stops. It is one of the disadvantages of advancing with really small forces.

Victor Reijkersz Designs
www.vrdesigns.nl

(in reply to The Red Baron)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Decisive Campaigns: Case Blue >> Tech Support >> Ambush bug ? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI