Matrix Games Forums

Space Program Manager Launch Contest Announced!Battle Academy 2 is out now on iPad!A closer look at rockets in Space Program ManagerDeal of the Week - Pride of NationsA new update for Piercing Fortress EuropaNew screenshots for War in the West!Pike & Shot is now available!Server Maintenance Battle Academy 2 gets updated!Deal of the Week: Advanced Tactics Gold
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Unit Supply Detail window

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Unit Supply Detail window Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Unit Supply Detail window - 11/4/2012 3:46:31 PM   
Henning82

Dear generals,

I have difficulties with understanding the numbers and percentages in the Unit Supply Detail window:

In the turn details part of the Unit Supply Detail windows of combat units the “supply received”, “ammo received” and “fuel received” lines each have a percentage in parenthesis that according to the manual expresses the total amount of supplies/ammo/fuel received against required supplies/ammo/fuel.

My problem is: it appears to me that the actual numbers don’t match with the percentages. For example, if a combat unit had a fuel requirement of 161 tons and had had 8 tons of fuel remaining at the end of the previous turn I would expect it to have a need of 161-8=153 tons of fuel. The Unit Supply Detail windows now says the unit actually received 144 tons. This is consistent to the amount of tons of fuel at hand at the beginning of the current turn which is 152 tons. However, the percentage of fuel received against required fuel accounts for 4%, whereas I would have expected it to be at 144/161*100=89,44%. Obviously I am misinterpreting something here.

Another thing I have noticed is that occasionally the percentages in the current state part of the Unit Detail window also don’t fit the actual numbers. For example, a infantry division has a requirement of 23 tons of fuel and has 23 tons at hand. Nevertheless the percentage is 95%, whereas I think it should be 100%.

I would be glad if someone could explain these things to me. Thanks in advance for your replys!
Post #: 1
RE: Unit Supply Detail window - 11/5/2012 11:06:54 PM   
Helpless

Current requirement and the one during the logistics phase could vary quite a bit due to the change of unit composition.

Also small numbers are more vulnerable to the rounding errors. Units store in pounds (lbs) and they are used to calculate percentage.

23 ton is something between 46000-47999 lbs. So it can get lower than 100% when both fields look the same.

Pavel Zagzin
WITE/WITW Development

(in reply to Henning82)
Post #: 2
RE: Unit Supply Detail window - 11/6/2012 12:20:45 AM   
Henning82

Thank you very much for your reply, Pavel!

I now understand that the on-hand/required percentage is not as accurate due to the way it is calculated.

But the percentage in the "fuel received"-line I am still not able to construe, I'm afraid. I have attached a screenshot of the Unit Supply Detail window of the unit I am referring to (sorry, it's the games's German version, in English it says "fuel received" instead of "Treibstoff erhalten").

Am I mistaken about the way the 4% are calculated? It received 144 fuel, 161 is the total requirement, at the end of the previous turn it had 8 fuel remaining, resulting in a demand for 152, I'd suppose. (The previous turn it had a total requirement of 155 fuel, by the way. So it obviously received some replacements which increased the total the requirement for fuel, but not that much). The demanded 152 fuel were reduced to 144 fuel actually delivered to the unit because of the the Axis Rail Supply modifier, I would say. But unfortunately I cannot get a grasp of what these mysterious 4% mean :-). As I said, I would assume that this percentage expresses supplies received (=144) against supplies required (=161) which was 89,44%.

Apparently I am missing the forest through the trees here... So I would really appreciate your explanations :-)

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Helpless)
Post #: 3
RE: Unit Supply Detail window - 11/6/2012 10:07:34 AM   
Helpless

4% in the parenthesis is showing the amounts which were on hand before the logistics. 8 out of 152.

Pavel Zagzin
WITE/WITW Development

(in reply to Henning82)
Post #: 4
RE: Unit Supply Detail window - 11/6/2012 4:17:50 PM   
Henning82

Darn! Oh well, that's pretty straightforward. Simple as it can be. I should have noticed this Thanks alot for enlightening me!

(in reply to Helpless)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Unit Supply Detail window Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI