How To Edit Unit Stats?

Post new mods and scenarios here.

Moderator: MOD_PanzerCorps

kingy10kingy

How To Edit Unit Stats?

Post by kingy10kingy »

Hi all,

Im trying to edit unit stats:

For an example if I wanted to make heavy bombers more effective against land units , how would this be achieved?

thanks in advance
bebro

RE: How To Edit Unit Stats?

Post by bebro »

Basically you would need to up stats for soft and hard attack.

Though strategical bombers by design are not so much for direct damage, their value vs. land units is more that they destroy ammo and fuel reserves of attacked units.

Anyway to edit those stats you either open the equipment file in an editor (notepad will do) and enter other stats directly. Just make sure you have backed up the file before in case something goes wrong. And don't change the save format, or mess up tabs.

Other ways are to work with the file in Excel, or to get the unit editor by from mgarnett here:
tm.asp?m=2879489&mpage=1&key=
El Condoro

Post by El Condoro »

Another way is to do it on an ad hoc basis through the leaders attached to units. If you want a bomber to be more effective in HA then create a leader with a name and HA of +2 or whatever. This can affect SA, MV, Att, Def and spotting range. Of course, only that unit is affected - if you want all units of an equipment type to be changed, see above. :)
ORB & CROWN Fantasy Warfare Mod for Strategic Command
Download for War in Europe or World at War - YouTube - Discord
kingy10kingy

Post by kingy10kingy »

Thanks guys , i think editing with notepad would be less complex. I cant see the equipment file anywhere, can you tell me where i can find it ?
VPaulus

Post by VPaulus »

The equipment file is in the data folder.
If you're using notepad beware with the tabs separating columns.

Return to “Mods and Scenarios”