Matrix Games Forums

Space Program Manager will be launching on SteamCome and see us during the Spieltagen in Essen!New Screenshots for Pike & ShotDeal of the Week Command: Modern Air/Naval Operations WOTYCommand: Modern Air/Naval Operations WOTY is now available!Frontline : The Longest Day Announced and in Beta!Command gets Wargame of the Year EditionDeal of the Week: Pandora SeriesPandora: Eclipse of Nashira is now availableDistant Worlds Gets another update
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Moving support units

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Tech Support >> Moving support units Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Moving support units - 11/3/2012 8:57:28 PM   
morvael

I think it's not fair to be able to reassign support units from STAVKA to nearby fronts for free (by selecting new HQ for given support units), while assigning to fronts far away that don't fit on the "select new HQ" list, from the "Assign/Build" list costs 1 AP (like forming a new unit). It is Working As Designed?
Post #: 1
RE: Moving support units - 11/3/2012 9:22:12 PM   
gingerbread

Yes and no. You can most often adjust the HQ on the free assign list by moving the empty STAVKA armies so that they are outside range (11+ hexes). It should be a scrollable list, but use the work around. Assign/build costs are WAD.

(in reply to morvael)
Post #: 2
RE: Moving support units - 11/4/2012 12:38:42 AM   
Wally Wilson

Railing STAVKA around behind the front early after the invasion to avoid the 1 AP penalty has been accepted strategy since the game was first released, so I suppose it does indeed work as designed.

(in reply to gingerbread)
Post #: 3
RE: Moving support units - 11/4/2012 2:33:49 AM   
delatbabel

It's stupid, and if it's WAD then it's poor D. Assigning support units between HQs should either always be free, or should always cost.

--
Del

(in reply to Wally Wilson)
Post #: 4
RE: Moving support units - 11/4/2012 7:12:31 AM   
morvael

Yes, I think it's counter-intuitive and a-historical that it requires moving STAVKA by rail across the front. Rail capacity comes in greater abundance than AP. Please, 2by3 make the list scrollable and list all HQs on it (or check in the Assign window if the assigned unit comes from STAVKA and don't take my precioussss AP from me... :)

(in reply to delatbabel)
Post #: 5
RE: Moving support units - 11/4/2012 9:26:35 PM   
Wally Wilson

I suppose one could rationalise it, but it still doesn't make sense.

(in reply to morvael)
Post #: 6
RE: Moving support units - 11/5/2012 2:34:24 PM   
rrbill

Similar problem for Axis. If OKH is offered then change to OKH, its less costly, and then get a free change to the targeted HQ. Its WAD but seems inconsistant and wastes clicks. Gamers end up moving OKH on rails as needed to save those points.

BTW, there seems to be a few terms for those points, admin, movement, and maybe others. Hmmm... adds to confusion.

(in reply to Wally Wilson)
Post #: 7
RE: Moving support units - 11/5/2012 4:20:27 PM   
timmyab

I think they should do away with the AP cost for transferring SUs and any other type of unit between HQs.What there should be instead is a penalty of some sort, possibly combat and movement, for newly transferred units to simulate a lack of understanding between commanders.This penalty should wear off after a while, and to simulate esprit de corps, units that have been under the same HQ for a long time should receive a bonus of some sort.

< Message edited by timmyab -- 11/5/2012 4:21:06 PM >

(in reply to morvael)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Tech Support >> Moving support units Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI