Matrix Games Forums

Deal of the Week - Pride of NationsA new update for Piercing Fortress EuropaNew screenshots for War in the West!Pike & Shot is now available!Server Maintenance Battle Academy 2 gets updated!Deal of the Week: Advanced Tactics Gold Ask Buzz Aldrin!Pike & Shot gets Release Date and Twitch Session!Deal of the Week Espana 1936
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

HQs and subordination

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> HQs and subordination Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
HQs and subordination - 11/2/2012 9:53:43 PM   
DicedT

For HQ benefits, it seems like in some cases, a unit or base must be subordinate to the HQ. But in other cases, any HQ can provide support?

So when do I need to make sure that I have the correct HQ nearby? And when can I get by with any HQ?
Post #: 1
RE: HQs and subordination - 11/2/2012 11:03:45 PM   
jmalter

the only case i'm sure of where command sub-ordination is important is for AirHQs, which should be sub-ordinate to the command of their base hex.

but any LCU can draw support from any allied HQ or BF, w/o regard to nationality or chain of command.

(in reply to DicedT)
Post #: 2
RE: HQs and subordination - 11/3/2012 2:40:25 AM   
Mistmatz

Never heard of that one jmalter.

What would the benefit be for an air HQ sub-ordinate to its bases command? They seem to work fine for me without ever paying attention to that.

If you gained knowledge through the forum, why not putting it into the AE wiki?

http://witp-ae.wikia.com/wiki/War_in_the_Pacific:_Admiral%27s_Edition_Wiki

(in reply to jmalter)
Post #: 3
RE: HQs and subordination - 11/3/2012 2:51:09 PM   
Gridley380

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mistmatz

Never heard of that one jmalter.

What would the benefit be for an air HQ sub-ordinate to its bases command? They seem to work fine for me without ever paying attention to that.

They certainly provide torpedoes, avsup, and so on regardless of chain of command, but it has been suggested they provide more coordination benefits if the base, the HQa, and the air units all have their chain of command aligned.

So XX Air Force in Burma with Aussie birds won't provide as much coordination as if it is on Guam with B-29's (still on their default HQ settings).

That's the theory.

(in reply to Mistmatz)
Post #: 4
RE: HQs and subordination - 11/5/2012 4:19:56 AM   
1EyedJacks

quote:

ORIGINAL: DicedT

For HQ benefits, it seems like in some cases, a unit or base must be subordinate to the HQ. But in other cases, any HQ can provide support?

So when do I need to make sure that I have the correct HQ nearby? And when can I get by with any HQ?

I'm assuming you are referring to bonuses for LCUs - yes? You can gain extra bonus by using both a Corps HQ plus your command HQ...

TTFN,

Mike

(in reply to DicedT)
Post #: 5
RE: HQs and subordination - 11/5/2012 9:40:24 AM   
btbw

quote:

ORIGINAL: 1EyedJacks

I'm assuming you are referring to bonuses for LCUs - yes? You can gain extra bonus by using both a Corps HQ plus your command HQ...

If i have ID belong to army HQ (which part of command HQ) what bonus i got from that HQs if one of HQ fully prepared or both?

(in reply to 1EyedJacks)
Post #: 6
RE: HQs and subordination - 11/5/2012 4:37:12 PM   
jmalter

here's some linkage to posts on this topic.

for HQ bonus, see wwengr's post #5 here:
http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2331661

for HQ Leader bonus, see wwengr's post #1 here:
http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2350193

note there's virtually no instance where application of a bonus requires chain-of-command subordination. the only one i see refers to airbase 'group stacking' increase:
"Air Group stacking at a base is improved by Air HQ. The best Air HQ of the same command as the base which is within range can add its command radius to the number of groups that can be administrated, or if not in the same command, the nearest HQ will add ½ its command radius to the number of groups. Important note: for this to work, the base and the Air HQ must be attached to the same command."

(in reply to btbw)
Post #: 7
RE: HQs and subordination - 11/6/2012 5:18:13 AM   
1EyedJacks

quote:

ORIGINAL: btbw

quote:

ORIGINAL: 1EyedJacks

If i have ID belong to army HQ (which part of command HQ) what bonus i got from that HQs if one of HQ fully prepared or both?

From page 178 of manual:

If there is a Corps HQ within range of the battle, and the Command HQ is within 2 times its command range of the battle, it can add up to an additional 90% bonus to the Assault Value of an attacking force for odds calculations. The bonuses are impacted by the leaderships rating of the commander of the HQs.

TTFN,

Mike

(in reply to btbw)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> HQs and subordination Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI