Matrix Games Forums

Command gets Wargame of the Year EditionDeal of the Week: Pandora SeriesPandora: Eclipse of Nashira is now availableDistant Worlds Gets another updateHell is Approaching Deal of the Week Battle Academy Battle Academy 2 Out now!Legions of Steel ready for betaBattle Academy 2 gets trailers and Steam page!Deal of the Week Germany at War
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Axis Minor question.

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Decisive Campaigns: Case Blue >> Axis Minor question. Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Axis Minor question. - 11/2/2012 5:07:03 PM   
stormbringer3

In my current Campaign game I've been using my points when able to upgrade the Minors' XP trying to make them a more effective fighting force. Is this a viable strategy or am I wasting the points? Thanks for any opinions.
Post #: 1
RE: Axis Minor question. - 11/2/2012 5:19:44 PM   
James Ward

^ Who are you using to do the upgrades? I wouldn't use a German leader to do it unless they had absolutely nothing else to do but using a minor Army HQ to do it is probably the best use of their points.

(in reply to stormbringer3)
Post #: 2
RE: Axis Minor question. - 11/2/2012 5:26:48 PM   
stormbringer3

I've been using both.

(in reply to James Ward)
Post #: 3
RE: Axis Minor question. - 11/2/2012 5:45:40 PM   
James Ward

I tend to put German Corps under German Army HQ's and minors under their own Army HQ's so I don't generally have a problem who to use. If you have them mixed and the minor Corp is going to be critical then I suppose it is worth doing with whoever is their Army commander.

Post #: 4
RE: Axis Minor question. - 11/2/2012 5:55:19 PM   
stormbringer3

I currently have them aligned as you recommend. I used German Corps and Army points until Minor Spirit required me to consolidate the Minor units under their own Commands. I still use Halder to enhance the Minor Army HQs.

(in reply to James Ward)
Post #: 5
RE: Axis Minor question. - 11/2/2012 6:18:51 PM   
James Ward

quote:

ORIGINAL: stormbringer3

I currently have them aligned as you recommend. I used German Corps and Army points until Minor Spirit required me to consolidate the Minor units under their own Commands. I still use Halder to enhance the Minor Army HQs.

Using OKH makes sense, though Halder can build emergency units so it's a trade off. I just keep building them until Halder gets replaced. Then there isn't much to do with OKH but improve HQ's.

Post #: 6
RE: Axis Minor question. - 11/2/2012 6:25:18 PM   
stormbringer3

I haven't played far enough to see Halder replaced, I'm a classic restarter. Is his replacement better?
Thanks.

(in reply to James Ward)
Post #: 7
RE: Axis Minor question. - 11/2/2012 6:44:05 PM   
LiquidSky

No..his replacement is Zeitzler, with similar stats, but doesn't have Emergency Troops.

In my game I have over 30 of them, spread out in all the ports..

I also use them in areas where I don't want to risk a real unit. But you have to make sure you put them on 25% replacements, as they will fill up with real infantry when the ersatz infantry dies. And ersatz infantry cannot be used in real units.

They also make great invasion units as they are small, easy to supply, and you won't cry if you lose them to a bad invasion.

What's the sense of sending $2 million missiles to hit a $10 tent that's empty?

— President George W. Bush, Oval Office meeting, 13 September 2001.

Post #: 8
RE: Axis Minor question. - 11/2/2012 7:10:54 PM   
James Ward

quote:

ORIGINAL: LiquidSky

No..his replacement is Zeitzler, with similar stats, but doesn't have Emergency Troops.

In my game I have over 30 of them, spread out in all the ports..

I also use them in areas where I don't want to risk a real unit. But you have to make sure you put them on 25% replacements, as they will fill up with real infantry when the ersatz infantry dies. And ersatz infantry cannot be used in real units.

They also make great invasion units as they are small, easy to supply, and you won't cry if you lose them to a bad invasion.

I use them a lot too. I disband the first one that takes casaulties so that the regular infantry doesn't go to them.

(in reply to LiquidSky)
Post #: 9
RE: Axis Minor question. - 11/2/2012 10:06:19 PM   
stormbringer3

I've never used Emergency Troops before so this thread has opened up a new strategy to me.
Thanks.

(in reply to James Ward)
Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Decisive Campaigns: Case Blue >> Axis Minor question. Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI