Matrix Games Forums

Pandora: Eclipse of Nashira Announced! Deal of the Week: Command Ops goes half price!New Fronts are opening up for Commander: The Great WarCharacters of World War 1Sign of for the Pike and Shot Beta!More Games are Coming to Steam! Return to the Moon on October 31st! Commander: The Great War iPad Wallpapers Generals of the Great WarDeal of the Week Panzer Corps
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Suggestions?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds Series >> Suggestions? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Suggestions? - 11/1/2012 7:26:51 PM   
Red_Dwarf

I'm the Ikkuro. I am the most powerful empire in my current game and have recently acquired a WD. The Shandar offered me a mutual defense pact. You can see where they are military-wise. At this stage, I want to concentrate on peaceful expansion. My dilemma is whether to accept their offer and risk getting pulled into a war, or stay away and risk someone else conquering them and gaining more power in the process.

< Message edited by Red_Dwarf -- 11/1/2012 7:28:33 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Suggestions? - 11/1/2012 7:32:37 PM   
Modest

My advice - stay on Your own. You do not need them really, and I am sure that Even if somebody will conquer them You will gain territory much faster by normal expansion than that someone would by conquering them. Also it is not an easy task to take somebodys homeworld so I would not be affraid of that too much.

(in reply to Red_Dwarf)
Post #: 2
RE: Suggestions? - 11/1/2012 7:37:23 PM   
Shark7

Trust me, no one will want to start a war with you.

Granted I am a totally different player than you are, my idea of a good time is wiping out every other empire in the game. My advice is to simply not accept the mutual defense treaties, because they will start wars among themselves and drag you into it. Even with out the MDP, they aren't going to be trying to start wars with you.

Distant Worlds Fan

'When in doubt...attack!'

(in reply to Red_Dwarf)
Post #: 3
RE: Suggestions? - 11/1/2012 8:15:20 PM   
Haree78

I tend to play in a more roleplay fashion and so would offer to protect the Shandar as a benevolent all powerful Empire. It also draws me in to more interesting decisions and conflicts when I do so :)

Distant Worlds Extended
Battlestar Galactica Legends Mod

(in reply to Shark7)
Post #: 4
RE: Suggestions? - 11/2/2012 1:20:03 AM   
pipewrench

Red_Dwarf

Modest ,Shark7 and Haree78 are all correct.

Have you always ran peacefully? If you have maybe it is time to run to the dark side and take the offer.
Flip a coin and have fun. I have had great experiences with games where making the wrong decision really opens up challenges you normally would never face.

(in reply to Haree78)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds Series >> Suggestions? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI