Matrix Games Forums

A closer look at rockets in Space Program ManagerDeal of the Week - Pride of NationsA new update for Piercing Fortress EuropaNew screenshots for War in the West!Pike & Shot is now available!Server Maintenance Battle Academy 2 gets updated!Deal of the Week: Advanced Tactics Gold Ask Buzz Aldrin!Pike & Shot gets Release Date and Twitch Session!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Bautrupp Movement in Directive 21

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Norm Koger's The Operational Art Of War III >> Scenario Design >> Bautrupp Movement in Directive 21 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Bautrupp Movement in Directive 21 - 10/31/2012 11:21:03 PM   
Cfant2

Hi everyone!

Just tried Directive 21 for 3.4. Seems great What I don't understand are my (very few) Bautrupps (rail engeneers). They have movement 0. Is that wanted? Do I have to rail them next to destroyed rail and hope for autorepair? How shall I conquer Russia without proper rail?
Post #: 1
RE: Bautrupp Movement in Directive 21 - 10/31/2012 11:25:10 PM   
Oberst_Klink

As per scenario document:

German Rail Capacity is 9400, going to 8400 in 44 and 5400 in 45. Rail Repair will tend to occur automatically nearest ‘Bautrupp’ units at a maximum rate of 24 per turn. Rail Damage starts at 25%, goes to 75% on turn 3, and to 100% on turn 32.

Klink, Oberst

Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam
(Marcus Porcius Cato Censorius)

Visit the Gefechtsstand!

(in reply to Cfant2)
Post #: 2
RE: Bautrupp Movement in Directive 21 - 11/1/2012 9:32:29 AM   
Cfant2

Thank you. Of course I've read the whole briefing, but was not sure.  Now I am, so thanks in the name of the Reich

(in reply to Oberst_Klink)
Post #: 3
RE: Bautrupp Movement in Directive 21 - 11/1/2012 9:54:04 AM   
Oberst_Klink

There's a catch, Cfant2. You're earmarked for the upcoming Kharkov '43 re-release beta testing (PBEM); so canvass for a PBEM playing partner already :D The scenario developer counts on YOU!

Klink, Oberst

Attachment (1)

Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam
(Marcus Porcius Cato Censorius)

Visit the Gefechtsstand!

(in reply to Cfant2)
Post #: 4
RE: Bautrupp Movement in Directive 21 - 11/1/2012 4:12:29 PM   
sPzAbt653

A little info/advice: Putting one Bautrupp on a rail line will have limited results. You'll get better results stacking a few in important areas. If you are running a one-thrust offensive at one particular area, stack them all there, no sense in spreading them out. Remember, they work on percentages so some turns you will be angry at how few get repaired [zero at times], other turns you will get a bunch fixed.

Also, you don't have to keep the trupps right up in the front lines. Its their proximity that gets the job done, so a few hexes back and out of harms way is good enough.

And, remember to use the '.' [dot, period] key at the beginning of each turn. This will phase thru embarked units. When a trupp is selected, move it if you like then hit the dot key again to go to the next one. If you don't want to move a selected one, just hit the dot again and it will disembark and then go to the next one. Makes no difference if the trupps are embarked or disembarked.

Schwew.

(in reply to Cfant2)
Post #: 5
RE: Bautrupp Movement in Directive 21 - 11/2/2012 9:28:01 AM   
Cfant2

@Oberst Klink: Always ready to do my duty, Sir!

@sPzAbt653: Thanks, I'll keep it in mind. I'm on turn 4 so far, so in the moment I need railways literally everywhere Just conquered Minsk - took me 11 days, compared to the 6 days in Real life.

(in reply to sPzAbt653)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Norm Koger's The Operational Art Of War III >> Scenario Design >> Bautrupp Movement in Directive 21 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI