More of our Aircraft are missing

Post bug reports and request support here.

Moderators: Joel Billings, Sabre21, elmo3

captain18

More of our Aircraft are missing

Post by captain18 »

ok I am obviously a cursed Luftwaffe Commander as I seem susceptible to gremlins. Given last issue was a bug, let's see if this one is human error or gremlins.

In the assign-national reserve menu, I foolishly decided to experiment with keys (bad thing to do in the middle of a pbem game). Anyway instead of left clicking and assigning the air unit where it is supposed to go I thought I wonder what happens if you right click!
Well my elite stab kg77 full strength just vanished, a search through air units, commands, reserve and everywhere revealed that they had dissappeared!
A search of hotkeys found no mention of right clicks on the mouse, I thought bugger I have disbanded them somehow? However there was no report of them disbanding in the log either. Next turn came and they still didn't appear in the reserve or anywhere else.
Having been burnt once, i quickly assembled a test game and did the same with 1/kg77 this time with a full 40 heinkels and right click and they too vanished from the game.
If they were disbanded there was no increase in admin points?

So am I doing something stupid or is it a gremlin?
Denniss

RE: More of our Aircraft are missing

Post by Denniss »

Game version ?
I couldn't replicate this with the current version. A right-click is supposed to exit this menu without further action done.
Please have a look at your aircraft pool - does the aircraft type pool increase by the aircraft previously in this unit?
WitE dev team - (aircraft data)
WitE 1.08+ dev team (data/scenario maintainer)
WitW dev team (aircraft data, partial data/scenario maintainer)
WitE2 dev team (aircraft data)
captain18

Post by captain18 »

Game version was the one just previous to the current update (I have since updated).

Not sure about plane pool, can have a look but not knowing what it was previously I wouldn't know if it has increased by the 4 missining planes.
What is certain is KG77stab has permanently vanished from our game (we are now on the latest update).

If I had of stuck with my test game it would have been KG1-77 with another 40 planes as well.

I will run another test to see if it replicates again.
captain18

Post by captain18 »

ok just ran a new test on stab KG77 and I-KG77 and on both counts the error did not occur and the right click took me back to a previous menu.

However in my game with Sorta stabKG77 has definetly gone and as I said I replicated that event in a test game with I-KG77. But now all seems to be operating fine (well with test games anyway).

The only other recourse I have is to test in the actual game, but I am loathe to do this lest I lose another KG.

Return to “Tech Support”