Patch 1.05 for Strategic War in Europe available

Strategic War in Europe is a grand strategy game where you command one or more of the 25 countries in the game. War, diplomacy, technological progress, recruitment, conquest – this is all in your hands. There are no restrictions to the actions you can perform during your turn: unit movement, purchase, attack, technology investment, reinforcement, all of those can be done at any moment during the turn.

Moderator: doomtrader

doomtrader

Patch 1.05 for Strategic War in Europe available

Post by doomtrader »

Hi,

We have agreed there is no sense to wait until there will be a gap to post the patch with installer, so here is a link for rar version of the file:
http://www2.wastelands-interactive.com/ ... matrix.rar

Please unzip it and paste all the content into the main game folder.

Here is the changelog for this update
2012-10-22 [v1.05]
--Fixed
Number of people and equipment in units now displayed correctly
Fleets without any naval units assigned are now automatically disbanded at the end of the turn
Loading data from country specific consts files fixed

--Gameplay
Modified balance to favor USSR human player against German AI
Modified balance to favor German human player against USSR AI
Now if a unit is returned to the forcepool with a commander, then the commander is reassigned from the unit
Changed supply schedule, now convoys are perforemd after selecting supply sources by units
It is nowpossible to see full description for all events
Increased Allied AI support on higher German difficulty levels
Randomness added to the creation of Vichy event, now there is only 50% of chances that the Vichy France will be created after capturing of Paris

--AI
changed AI behavior to keep aircrafts at least one hex from enemy units
Making Allied AI more agressive (sill needs to have advantage to attack enemy)

--Features
It is possible now that the Disembark will fail every time a unit will try to unload from a sea zone where enemy fleet has got advantage

--GUI
If a unit is hidden under the Fog of War, then clicking on a hex with that unit does not reveal Unit Panel

--Other
If unit has got -1,-1 coordinates assigned it is always put into the reserve, even if the proper value is not entered

Please make sure that you are starting the game with new exe.
Tac2i

RE: Patch 1.05 for Strategic War in Europe available

Post by Tac2i »

Game crashes as soon as I click on a unit. I unzipped the files as indicated. I don't know if the patch is the problem or the fact that I'm now running Windows 8 Pro on my machine. My other Matrix games (ATG, WiTE, Case Blue) seem to work ok with Windows 8 but this one does not.

I tried "Run as Administrator" and tried Compatibility Mode for WinXP SP3 and Windows 7. Same result: game crashed when I clicked on a unit. The compatibility tester in Windows 8 said the game exe file was not compatible. See attached txt file for crash data.
Attachments
WER3B4.tmp.appcompat.txt
(28.66 KiB) Downloaded 8 times
Tac2i (formerly webizen)
doomtrader

Post by doomtrader »

We did not tested the game on W8 yet.

Could you please tell me:
Does it happen for every country, every unit, and every scenario?

Also, do you have DX and all video drivers updated?
Tac2i

Post by Tac2i »

The crash occurred regardless of the unit I selected or the country (tried three). The game worked fine before the patch/upgrade to Windows 8 Pro. Unfortunately I did not run the game under Windows 8 before installing the patch so can't definitively point to either one. The crash report I attached should help determine what is going on. I may uninstall and then reinstall v1.03 and see what happens.
Tac2i (formerly webizen)
doomtrader

Post by doomtrader »

Thanks for the feedback Webizen.

Info does the 1.04 crashed on Windows 8 would definitelly help.
parusski

Post by parusski »

ORIGINAL: Webizen

Game crashes as soon as I click on a unit. I unzipped the files as indicated. I don't know if the patch is the problem or the fact that I'm now running Windows 8 Pro on my machine. My other Matrix games (ATG, WiTE, Case Blue) seem to work ok with Windows 8 but this one does not.

I tried "Run as Administrator" and tried Compatibility Mode for WinXP SP3 and Windows 7. Same result: game crashed when I clicked on a unit. The compatibility tester in Windows 8 said the game exe file was not compatible. See attached txt file for crash data.

Well hell, the game has been crashing on me EVERY time I clicked a unit--since V 1.0.
"I hate newspapermen. They come into camp and pick up their camp rumors and print them as facts. I regard them as spies, which, in truth, they are. If I killed them all there would be news from Hell before breakfast."- W.T. Sherman
Tac2i

Post by Tac2i »

Uninstalled the game and then reinstalled v1.03: click on a unit and the game does not crash the first time. Restart the game and it crashes consistently when I click on a unit.

Installed v1.04: click a unit and the game crashes.

Installed v1.05: click a unit and the game crashes.

Of the several games I have on my machine, this is the only one I'm experiencing issues with running Windows 8 Pro.
Tac2i (formerly webizen)
doomtrader

Post by doomtrader »

Parruski, please! reply to my emails

Webizen,

To see the units, you have to press spacebar on your keyboard.
Thanks for checking the issue for us. I can't promise we will solve this during the weekend, but for sure will start solving it on Monday.
Tac2i

Post by Tac2i »

Pressing the space bar did bring units into view. I also noted that clicking on naval units did not cause a crash, only clicking on a land based unit.
Tac2i (formerly webizen)
Ariennye

Post by Ariennye »

Hello,

I just installed Windows8pro 64bit on my Desktop-PC.
It was a new installation. Until then I used Windows7pro 32bit.
With Win7 I never had any problems playing SWIE.
With Win8 I installed SWIE new. That was the Version 1.03. The game worked fine. No Problems.
Then I patched up to Version 1.04. There the game crashed whenever I tried to click on a landunit or a airunit. Naval units worked fine.
I then used the patch up to Version 1.05. I have to say, that the exe-files were named differently. But renaming them was no problem.
Unfortunally the game crashed again. It doensn't help playing at the compatibility mode.

What seems important to me is, that the game worked fine at 1.03.
I will try to delete everything and reinstall 1.03. I want to see if the game will work again then or that some files of 1.05 remain on the system and influence the game.

(Good, that I play SWIE mainly on my notebook (XP SP3)

Isabelle
_____
Ariennye
Ariennye

Post by Ariennye »

Okay. I uninstalled SWIE and installed again V.1.03.
Und again the game crashed. I thought so, because the screen-resolution was the same as before. So the system stored some informations. Unfortionally the bad one too :-/

Well. I will wipe the registry clean and so on. Then let's see, if it will work again with 1.03.
_____
Ariennye
doomtrader

Post by doomtrader »

Hi Ariennye, thanks for the feedback

We did not tested the game on W8 (however I'm aware that the issue occurs on W7 also).
We will look at the issue since Monday.

Could you please do a little experiment for me folks?
Please turn on/off a "Naval actions visible" option in the preferences, and try does the game still crash?
Ariennye

Post by Ariennye »

Hello Doomtrader.

Unfortunally it doesn't make any difference, if the "Naval actions visible" option in the preferences is turned on or off.
The game still crashes.
_____
Ariennye
Tac2i

Post by Tac2i »

Any update on solving this crash issue?
Tac2i (formerly webizen)
doomtrader

Post by doomtrader »

We are still working on it.
This is the reason why the screenshots from Fall Weiss are still not posted.
borsook79

Post by borsook79 »

Does this patch work with Gamersgate version?
"Patriotism is your conviction that this country is superior to all other countries because you were born in it." - G.B. Shaw

Return to “Strategic War in Europe”