Matrix Games Forums

War in the West gets its first update!Flashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm version 2.08 is now available!Command gets huge update!Order of Battle: Pacific Featured on Weekly Streaming SessionA new fight for Battle Academy!Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager is out for Mac!The definitive wargame of the Western Front is out now! War in the West gets teaser trailer and Twitch Stream!New Preview AAR for War in the West!War in the West Manual preview
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Hammer of the Gods Godochaos(A) vs Da Hammer(J) NO DA HAMMER PLS

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> After Action Reports >> RE: Hammer of the Gods Godochaos(A) vs Da Hammer(J) NO DA HAMMER PLS Page: <<   < prev  5 6 [7] 8 9   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Hammer of the Gods Godochaos(A) vs Da Hammer(J) NO ... - 1/13/2013 11:35:58 PM   
godochaos

3-5-42
SAG fight near rabaul is epic fail and BB SAG loses fight to DD
SAG at Balikpapan sinks jap DMS
Idaho bombards Rabaul getting 243 hits
Ally sub shoots up an AKL
Japs bomb AK that sneaks supply into singapore and miss, japs bomb nanning, changsha,kweilin,chengchow,singapore
we bomb chengchow,pegu area, B-17s hit Johore Bahru and Balikpapan
Royal navy carriers sneak within range of jap shippiing above singapore at Mersing and launch 29 bomber strike which epic fails and misses BB Haruna many times.
Jap del atk at Johore Bahru forces retreat to singapore and we lose 4000
Jap del atk at clark we hold japs lose 5500
jap del atk near changsha and nanning we hold
tough turn

below we see evidence that will be used in the trial of these BB captains
(possibly poor results caused by group being set to bombard?)

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by godochaos -- 1/14/2013 6:39:57 PM >

(in reply to godochaos)
Post #: 181
RE: Hammer of the Gods Godochaos(A) vs Da Hammer(J) NO ... - 1/13/2013 11:37:28 PM   
godochaos

3-5-42
we now have 50 blenheims hitting near pegu

Attachment (1)

(in reply to godochaos)
Post #: 182
RE: Hammer of the Gods Godochaos(A) vs Da Hammer(J) NO ... - 1/16/2013 6:50:05 PM   
godochaos

3-6-42
CA SAG fight at Ternate we wound a DD and CA and get away
Jap sub hits AK at PH
Jap Nells sink AK resupplying sing but we got a few loads in, japs bomb near changsha, bomb singapore
we bomb Johore Bahru,near Pegu we have 5 ally planes dest.
del atk at Nanning we hold for now but fort 0
Jap shock atk at Pegu 5200 japs hit and we lose zero, total failure, next turn we will counter atk!
CA Houston is back in action and coming to aid Pegu with her guns

(in reply to godochaos)
Post #: 183
RE: Hammer of the Gods Godochaos(A) vs Da Hammer(J) NO ... - 1/20/2013 11:32:05 PM   
godochaos

3-7-42
Ally SAG BB sinks CM at Balikpapan,bombards
Jap Landing Davao
Japs bomb nanning,changsha,clark,pegu japs lose 8 planes,singapore
Allies bomb pegu and lose 4, we bomb Johore Bahru
Jap del atk at clark we hold
Jap shock atk at chengchou we hold
jap del atk near changsha we hold
Japs capture nanning we rettreat and lose 3000
We del atk (counter atk) the battered(last turn) japs at pegu and rout them

Attachment (1)

(in reply to godochaos)
Post #: 184
RE: Hammer of the Gods Godochaos(A) vs Da Hammer(J) NO ... - 1/20/2013 11:36:02 PM   
godochaos

3-8-42
ally CA sag sinks DD and TK at Rabaul
ally CA SAG bombards Balikpapan finds BB Hyuga in port which is wonderful news, we intend to hit the port with B17s
CA sag bombards rabaul see pic
Ally ss torps AK and AKL
Japs bomb nanning,sinyang,chemgchou,pegu, changsha, singapore
we bomb chengchou
japs capture chengchou and in the rout we lose 8000, not good!

Attachment (1)

(in reply to godochaos)
Post #: 185
RE: Hammer of the Gods Godochaos(A) vs Da Hammer(J) NO ... - 1/20/2013 11:38:52 PM   
BBfanboy

Hope those CAs can get far enough away, before Betty's undamaged cloned sisters come screaming after them!

I have not yet begun to fight! OTOH I have not yet begun to flee. Hmmmmm - choices, choices -always with the choices.

(in reply to godochaos)
Post #: 186
RE: Hammer of the Gods Godochaos(A) vs Da Hammer(J) NO ... - 1/21/2013 6:07:38 PM   
godochaos

3-9-42
Ally subs torp an AK near Japan
jap AKLs blunder into Singapores defenses hitting mines and getting shelled
Japs bomb near Nanning, near changsha, singapore,davao, bomb near pegu and 8 jap planes dest. in CAP, bomb loyang
We bomb chengchow,finshafen,B-17s hit Balikpapan port hitting BB Hyuga with 9 500lb bombs , fires
Japs move in on Davao
clark holds off del. atk japs lose 2400 we lose 1400
del atk Tsiaotsto we hold japs lose 1100 we lose 550
del atk Davao we hold, fort 2

(in reply to BBfanboy)
Post #: 187
RE: Hammer of the Gods Godochaos(A) vs Da Hammer(J) NO ... - 1/22/2013 8:21:11 PM   
godochaos

3-10-42
Jap landing at Davao
Ally SAG bombards near Pegu, CA Houston is back in action
Ally RN CV loses 4 x Fulmars near pegu in ineffective ground support ops
Japs bomb changsha,near sinyang, loyang, and at pegu japs lose 12 planes, and japs bomb Sing
we bomb chengchow, we bomb Balikpapan 2 times with B-17s and get some port hits on the BB Hyuga in port, fires
Japs bomb Davao and Jap Vals from Rabaul hit my CA SAG near gasmata, it will get its justice next turn
we bomb near pegu with 36 Blenheims ground support
BB Resolute bombards Moulmein
Jap del atk clark, we hold for now
jap del atk sambas, we hold

(in reply to godochaos)
Post #: 188
RE: Hammer of the Gods Godochaos(A) vs Da Hammer(J) NO ... - 1/25/2013 12:52:29 AM   
godochaos

3-11
KB has been a ghost for a while last seen Babeldaob area
Ally CA SAG bombards Balikpapan- this location will soon be untenable for the japs
BB RN SAG bombards Balikpapan and hits BB Hyuga in port
CA SAG bombards Rabaul, as BB mentioned earlier it can be dicey to go after rabaul and CA Canberra is sent to Sydney after this run when she takes 2 bombs from Vals, too bad because she just got repaired.
Japs bomb TK at Palembang but miss(im still trying to drain the tank in the dutch areas constantly trying to get oil and fuel out of the region
Japs bomb nanning, changsha, sinyang,davao, and singapore
japs bomb rangoon area and losee 5 to allies losing 4.
ally bomb changsha,Balikpapan port(miss) and we bomb chengchow
we bomb near pegu w 50 blen IV, finshafen,
ally subs hits AMC
japs shock attack at singapore fails see pic
Japs capture clark field dest 6500 allies

Attachment (1)

(in reply to godochaos)
Post #: 189
RE: Hammer of the Gods Godochaos(A) vs Da Hammer(J) NO ... - 1/25/2013 12:57:31 AM   
godochaos

3-12-42
CA Houston bombards moulmein
CA SAG sinks jap AK at Tarawa + bombards
ally sub torps an AK near japan
japs bomb ally AK at singapore trying to get in supply, this was my last try. this time they miss it 2 times
japs bomb changsha, singapore,loyang and bomb poor little AM Toowoomba near singapore. Toowoomba dodges 18 bombers
ally bomb chenchow,Balikpapan and hit BB Hyuga in port, wuchow
allied shock atk near moulmein notice the destroyed in the pic

Attachment (1)

(in reply to godochaos)
Post #: 190
RE: Hammer of the Gods Godochaos(A) vs Da Hammer(J) NO ... - 1/25/2013 1:02:21 AM   
godochaos

3-13
ally sub wounds an AK near PI
japs bomb and hit my poor AK at sing and fires
japs bomb liuchow,changsha,singapore, near pegu, japs go after poor AM Toowoomba and hit it once, it limps to Batavia
ally bomb near moulmein, Balikpapan(i think from here on out i see no more hits on BB Hyuga who was damaged in port here, its not listed as sunk, but it did not sail out unless it got very lucky and very stealthy)
ally bomb rabaul
japs shock atk at Davao we hold
ally ground del atk above pegu japs hold(for now), reinforcement are on way for allies

(in reply to godochaos)
Post #: 191
RE: Hammer of the Gods Godochaos(A) vs Da Hammer(J) NO ... - 2/1/2013 5:52:43 AM   
godochaos

3-14
jap sub torps an ak near soerbaja, and AP near Suva
Ally CA SAG bombards Ternate
RN BB Bombards Balikpapan
Japs bomb singapore like crazy, liuchow, loyang, changsha, Davao
allies bomb chengchow, wuchow, near moulmein, rabaul
Jap shock atk davao and we hold
Ally ground atk above pegu japs hold

(in reply to godochaos)
Post #: 192
RE: Hammer of the Gods Godochaos(A) vs Da Hammer(J) NO ... - 2/5/2013 2:03:14 AM   
godochaos

3-15-42
CA SAG bombards sinkawang
japs bomb changsha, Rabaul bombs BB Sag 2 hits but very little dmg. japs bomb singapore,liuchow, davao, loyang
ally bombs moulmein whre japs lose 2 aircraft, we bomb chengchow,wuchow,near moulmein, balikpapan, and Rabaul
japs del atk davao and we hold

(in reply to godochaos)
Post #: 193
RE: Hammer of the Gods Godochaos(A) vs Da Hammer(J) NO ... - 2/5/2013 2:05:23 AM   
godochaos

3-16-42
brit sub torps an AK near Kuantuan
ally ASW at PH hits a sub
BB SAG bombards Rabaul

Attachment (1)

(in reply to godochaos)
Post #: 194
RE: Hammer of the Gods Godochaos(A) vs Da Hammer(J) NO ... - 2/5/2013 2:08:43 AM   
godochaos

3-16 cont
RN BB Bombards Balikpapan
japs bomb Liuchow,loyang, davao
allies bomb chengchow, wuchow, and near pegu
Allies Del atk near moulmein and japs hold
allies del atk above pegu and jap 1st RTA is gutted1200 lost
japs del atk singapore fort 3, see pic

Attachment (1)

(in reply to godochaos)
Post #: 195
RE: Hammer of the Gods Godochaos(A) vs Da Hammer(J) NO ... - 2/5/2013 2:24:30 AM   
godochaos

exciting turn alert
3-17-42
Japs CA Sag hits shortlands and sinks an AP that had mostly unloaded
BB West Virginia hits rough seas on its way to Seattle, despite heroic effots the Weevee sinks. in retrospect it was not wise for me to move a ship with 60 flot damg, its too valuable to risk

japs bomb liuchow, changsha, singapore, and loyang
allies bomb chengchow,rabaul spotting BB Kongo(miss), B-17s bomb singapore,B-17s hit rabaul AF.
Allied Blenheims from Rangoon bomb Bangkok AF which was unwise, 6 bombers lost, epic fail

Allied scouts spotted sketchy Jap TF near Rabaul, maybe 5 spaces to the right. The TF appeared as CS,sometimes CA and most times as Carriers but small, not KB. This happened about 6-7 days ago. The Jap move confused me because I could not understand why you would put a small carrier force in danger here when you had seen me hit Rabaul with carriers about 3 times.
So I came up with a few explanations: he got intel that i was sending convoys to Shortlands?(there were positioned well to hit shortolands), he was ferrying aircraft to Rabaul?, he was setting them out there as bait with KB above them maybe 5 spaces above. At any rate I decided that if I as 7-8 spaces south of the target i could hit them and then run and even if KB was above them it would not matter.
So i sent my carriers into the area which took a few days, the whole time he sat there(odd). Then I dashed in to strike him(very cautious long range strike) and he moved north right as I did that. Well I noticed my carriers were in a bad weather hex, and I was sure my carriers were not spotted, but the target was gone so I moved back to Lunga. Well he came back south again so I dashed north from Lunga to about 7 spaces south of him and struck him.

152 US dive bombers hit 3 jap carriers, 1 CV, 1 CVL , 1 CVL, and some cruisers. Results indicated that we had sunk a CV probably Soryu, sunk 1 of the good CVL's and damaged the other CVL, but not bad enough to prevent air ops because you will see we took a counter strike. we may have crippled a CA. following the strike we fled because I am paranoid about his TF being bait. but i noticed on the next turn TONS of intel intercepts from Tokyo and Kyoto.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to godochaos)
Post #: 196
RE: Hammer of the Gods Godochaos(A) vs Da Hammer(J) NO ... - 2/5/2013 2:28:29 AM   
godochaos

3-17-42 cont
here is the Japanese response to my CV strike, it was scary
note the amount of aircraft we shot down

Attachment (1)

(in reply to godochaos)
Post #: 197
RE: Hammer of the Gods Godochaos(A) vs Da Hammer(J) NO ... - 2/5/2013 2:34:21 AM   
godochaos

3-18-42
japs ss torps AL near PH and an AKV that i think was loaded
jap ss torps AV near darwin
japs bomb liuchow,changsha, singapore, loyang, davao
we bomb chengchow, rabaul w b-17s(miss) and marauders (miss), at Balikpapan we bomb port and once again hit the BB Hyuga, we get her 4 times. I hope we sink her!
RN CA SAG dodges 15 nells near Balikpapan
CA Houston bombards near moulemein
singapore holds off del atk, note in this pic and last pic the amount of squads we had dest.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to godochaos)
Post #: 198
RE: Hammer of the Gods Godochaos(A) vs Da Hammer(J) NO ... - 2/5/2013 4:36:13 AM   
BBfanboy

That is one of the most lop-sided results I have ever seen go in the Allies favour!
Not only did you deliver a lot of punishment, you dodged all of the counter-strike and had very low aircraft losses from yours.
Well done on the cat-and-mouse game.
I wonder if he had that carrier group there to provide CAP on his surface raiders, and that took away from his own defence? Your screenshot of his strike shows the losses but not the numbers of aircraft in the strike. Same for the fighter defence he put up. These would help tell the story of what lead to the great success.

I have not yet begun to fight! OTOH I have not yet begun to flee. Hmmmmm - choices, choices -always with the choices.

(in reply to godochaos)
Post #: 199
RE: Hammer of the Gods Godochaos(A) vs Da Hammer(J) NO ... - 2/6/2013 5:29:04 PM   
godochaos

here is an intel monkey report of the main strike on 3-17-42

bad news my opponents computer is KO'd and i have not heard from him for a week, im worried because things are going too well and im having too much fun

Attachment (1)

(in reply to BBfanboy)
Post #: 200
RE: Hammer of the Gods Godochaos(A) vs Da Hammer(J) NO ... - 2/6/2013 5:49:43 PM   
BBfanboy

He is still using Claudes on one of his CVLs!! And only 25 fighters on CAP!!! He must not have had any idea your carriers were coming. It could have been bait in a trap that you stole without coming into KB range. Well done again.

I wonder if that computer got KO'd literally when he saw the results of the combat.

(in reply to godochaos)
Post #: 201
RE: Hammer of the Gods Godochaos(A) vs Da Hammer(J) NO ... - 2/8/2013 11:50:09 PM   
godochaos

the rumor on the streets is that my opponent has his computer back and will send me a turn soon. Can't wait!

(in reply to BBfanboy)
Post #: 202
RE: Hammer of the Gods Godochaos(A) vs Da Hammer(J) NO ... - 2/9/2013 5:46:20 PM   
godochaos

question alert:
what is everyones policy on moving a wounded ship that does not necessarily need to be moved. Example, too many wounded BBs at PH, you can only repair so many. So you want to move some to Seattle for repairs. What is the cutoff on damage to wear you say- i cant move this guy he will die. I moved 2 BBs and lost the weevee. Thats a lot of points to give up. Is 53 flot too much to move?

Attachment (1)

(in reply to godochaos)
Post #: 203
RE: Hammer of the Gods Godochaos(A) vs Da Hammer(J) NO ... - 2/9/2013 7:25:35 PM   
BBfanboy

I would not move a ship with that much flot damage until I got the system damage down. Take the ships out of shipyard repair and put them into pierside repair to repair system damage and minor flotation damage. Then send them to WC or EC via Panama.

My rules of thumb from my own experience are :
- flot 60+ , get sys to 0
- flot 50+, get sys to 10 or less
- flot 40+, get sys to 20 or less
- flot 30+, get sys to 30 or less
- flot 20+, get sys to 35 or less
- flot 10+, get sys to 40 or less

Systems include your pumps and electricals. You can't deal with flooding without those tools. Using the guidelines I listed, even if flotation starts to increase on a turn, the additional flooding is usually removed next turn even while at sea. Using cruise speed also helps reduce the risk of flooding.

(in reply to godochaos)
Post #: 204
RE: Hammer of the Gods Godochaos(A) vs Da Hammer(J) NO ... - 2/9/2013 10:46:14 PM   
godochaos

thx BB, i should have asked before I sent out California and Weevee, it may take some luck for CA to survive

Ok my opponent and I are back in action, you will see a boring uneventful turn and then the craziest most action packed turn of the game, w 1 million screenshots for 1 turn.

3-19
RN BB bombards Balikpapan
japs bomb liuchow, changsha, singapore, loyang, near moulmein
ally bomb chengchow, wuchow and rest many bombers
jap del atk singapore japs lose 4500 ally 2900

(in reply to BBfanboy)
Post #: 205
RE: Hammer of the Gods Godochaos(A) vs Da Hammer(J) NO ... - 2/9/2013 10:48:10 PM   
godochaos

3-20 crazy action turn alert
japs torp loaded AK near Lunga
Japs torp ak near PM-sinks
Ally CA Sag hits AKs at Manado and has fun

Attachment (1)

(in reply to godochaos)
Post #: 206
RE: Hammer of the Gods Godochaos(A) vs Da Hammer(J) NO ... - 2/9/2013 10:49:36 PM   
godochaos

3-20 cont
Ally ABDA CA SAG encounters BB Kirishima at Tarrakan and is taught lesson in night fighting

Attachment (1)

(in reply to godochaos)
Post #: 207
RE: Hammer of the Gods Godochaos(A) vs Da Hammer(J) NO ... - 2/9/2013 10:52:07 PM   
godochaos

3-20 cont
ALLY ABDA CA SAG retreats from Tarakan and encounters BB Yamashiro SAG and is ripped to shreds ally CA sunk and DD
Ally SS torps AKL near Japan
Ally SAG at Manado encounters vengeful jap CA SAG

Attachment (1)

(in reply to godochaos)
Post #: 208
RE: Hammer of the Gods Godochaos(A) vs Da Hammer(J) NO ... - 2/9/2013 10:55:25 PM   
godochaos

3-20 cont
Ally sub torps another AKL near Japan
Japs bomb liuchow, changsha, singyang,loyang, singapore and davao
CA Chester falling back near Ambon is hit bomb by Nells, the 14 Betty raid misses
ALLY CV group having slipped south past Lunga now dashes north to raid Rabaul having spotted BB Kongo. Raids AF and port in moderation.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to godochaos)
Post #: 209
RE: Hammer of the Gods Godochaos(A) vs Da Hammer(J) NO ... - 2/9/2013 11:00:27 PM   
godochaos

3-20 cont
in the last pic of the ally CV raid on rabaul that Japanese CAP was reported to contain planes from CV Akagi, Hiryu, Ryujo, Zuiho

16 B-17s strike Rabaul AF its around 64 dmg now

VENGEFUL KB Appears about 6 hexes above Tulagi having not been spotted on her approach last turn
KB Raid my BB SAG heading north to Rabaul about 2 squares swest of Shortlands, 12 bombers come in and hit BB Idaho with 1 torp, CL Nashville 1 torp.
KB Raids Tulagi and hits some shipping that was mostly unloaded

Attachment (1)

(in reply to godochaos)
Post #: 210
Page:   <<   < prev  5 6 [7] 8 9   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> After Action Reports >> RE: Hammer of the Gods Godochaos(A) vs Da Hammer(J) NO DA HAMMER PLS Page: <<   < prev  5 6 [7] 8 9   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI