Matrix Games Forums

Pandora: Eclipse of Nashira is now availableDistant Worlds Gets another updateHell is Approaching Deal of the Week Battle Academy Battle Academy 2 Out now!Legions of Steel ready for betaBattle Academy 2 gets trailers and Steam page!Deal of the Week Germany at WarSlitherine Group acquires Shenandoah StudioNew information and screenshots for Pike & Shot
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Hammer of the Gods Godochaos(A) vs Da Hammer(J) NO DA HAMMER PLS

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> After Action Reports >> RE: Hammer of the Gods Godochaos(A) vs Da Hammer(J) NO DA HAMMER PLS Page: <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Hammer of the Gods Godochaos(A) vs Da Hammer(J) NO ... - 11/26/2012 7:39:17 PM   
godochaos

1-16

ASW hits jap sub, jap sub torps an AK
Japanese landings at Guam and San Jose

Rangoon sweeps japs lose 1 allies 3
Japs Bomb Sing, killing some wildebeasts

Japs bomb the crap out of clark, manilla, johore bahru. we bomb changsha and singkawang
deliberate atk at Changsha

Attachment (1)

(in reply to godochaos)
Post #: 91
RE: Hammer of the Gods Godochaos(A) vs Da Hammer(J) NO ... - 11/26/2012 7:43:41 PM   
godochaos

1-17 KB near balikpapan moving to soerbaja? EVERYONE FLEEEEE

Ally subs miss lots of AKs but hit a CM
Japs subs torp and AKL and an AP

Rangoon sweeps we lose 2 japs lose 1
Japs bomb singapore clark manilla pingsiang changsha
we bomb singkawang

Japanese ground units finally arrive at Manilla
Japs occupy mallacca and capture San Jose

(in reply to godochaos)
Post #: 92
RE: Hammer of the Gods Godochaos(A) vs Da Hammer(J) NO ... - 11/26/2012 11:11:03 PM   
godochaos

1-18
ally subs torpedo 2x AKs

Japs bomb Singapore, Johore Bahru, Clark, Manilla, Changsha, Pingsiang, Wuchow

Japanese capture Guam and Wewak
KB sinks small dutch TKs out of soerbaja then bombs my important utility ships as they attempt to flee... darn i almost made it out

Attachment (1)

(in reply to godochaos)
Post #: 93
RE: Hammer of the Gods Godochaos(A) vs Da Hammer(J) NO ... - 11/26/2012 11:13:18 PM   
godochaos

1-18 cont
KB bombs the port at Soerbaja and gets 2 SS who could not get out of repair docks in time, also misc ships i just left out of laziness. But all the good ships had fled. The loss of the SS is regretted!

Attachment (1)

(in reply to godochaos)
Post #: 94
RE: Hammer of the Gods Godochaos(A) vs Da Hammer(J) NO ... - 11/28/2012 1:01:47 AM   
godochaos

1-19-42
Ally subs torps an AK, Japs torp a PC at PH

Japs bomb singapore, Clark, Manilla kills 289, changsha, Johore bahru, wuchow
Sally raid on Rangoon japs lose 6 ally 0

KB bombs Batavia but does very little
KB bombs Soerbaja and kills some AMc 's that i was too lazy to move

Attachment (1)

(in reply to godochaos)
Post #: 95
RE: Hammer of the Gods Godochaos(A) vs Da Hammer(J) NO ... - 11/28/2012 10:50:13 PM   
godochaos

1-20
No sub hits for anyone

Hvy Bombing at the following Singapore, Clark, Manilla, Johore Bahru, Pingsiang

We bomb Changsha, moulmein which goes pooorly and we have 2 bombers dest 4 dmg'd
6xBetty atk rangoon shipping and 3 dest
Sally head in to rangoon 3 dest 4 dmg
1 sally hits an AK but it OK

KB bombs soerbaja finishing off the last of the AMc that i left, KB bombs Balkipapan for little effect

Langson del atk, we hold, but not for long
Changsha we bombard kill about 90

Attachment (1)

(in reply to godochaos)
Post #: 96
RE: Hammer of the Gods Godochaos(A) vs Da Hammer(J) NO ... - 11/28/2012 10:51:13 PM   
godochaos

Japs ships sunk (transports cut off at bottom)

Attachment (1)

(in reply to godochaos)
Post #: 97
RE: Hammer of the Gods Godochaos(A) vs Da Hammer(J) NO ... - 11/28/2012 11:18:32 PM   
godochaos

Confession time: I have been a little paranoid about OpSec and I think that that has had a negative effect on this AAR in that I am not communicating very much beyond the basics of what is happening in combat, I'm generally not talking about what I'm doing. Ive decided that I'm going to start "opening up" and "sharing".

Please let me know if you have any specific requests for information, questions

So here goes:
General Strategy
Use reinforcements and SAGs to Create "resistance nests" that cannot be overcome unless he brings in KB or Battleships. Every defensive buildup action is geared to this "you will not take this place unless you bring in KB". Now we know that he can take just about anything he want to if he really wants to. Great, that is a core part of this plan. Because KB can only be on one spot at a time. And when KB is away my carriers will play.
This Strategy is in effect at Rabaul, look at the casaulty list and see what has been sunk at Rabaul. The message is, you will not move beyond Rabaul unless you bring KB down here. I even want to take this a step further, i would like to make Rabaul "untenable".

Resistance nests should include: Fighters, Dive Bombers, SAGs with a few Cruisers, Mined Harbor, ground reinforcements, BUT NOT TOO MUCH. enough to stop a regiment, Enough to beat up some transports. Not over commiting and saying "no way you will take this" I dont want to be in a pissing contest in 42' I want to be monkey wrench thrown into the war machine.

SAGS should constantly be looking for opportunities for raids, if a SAG is destroyed it should not cost me more then 1-2 cruisers and a few destroyers. All SAGS are expendable but not used recklessly. Ultimately though they are expected to die.

List of actions
B-17s are starting to make there way to Australia from USA, I dont know yet what Im going to do with them. They cannot reach rabaul from townsville so they are just going to train for now.
Port Moresby, Lunga, Tulagi have all been reinforced to some degree. PM is fairly secure unless he mounts a large operation with KB in support.
Most Islands and critical locations should have fighters, dive bombers, PBY, SAG nearby or assigned to them. Canton is a good example. They have all those but in moderation.
Suva is a major base. It has a lot of troops
Nouemia is pretty solidly defended and has a lot of ENG
Darwin is pretty strong but i wish i had more AUS air support ENG.

LPs have been established at Luganville, milne bay and soon at Baker and Ndeni
Shortlands has a little security force so he cant take it for free

Kendari Koepang reinforced. The major issue is lack of Air support ENG to support defending aircraft
Ambon made into a resistance nest. Not toooo much but enough to stop a regimental invasion, maybe bog down a brigade even.
He recently had cruisers near ambon and they ate some dive bombs. Issue is i would like more air support ENG!

Philipines, Manilla and Clark contain most troops dugin fairly well but getting bombed like crazy. he has finally moved up to manilla.
Singapore - Most troops are at Johore Bahru and well dug in
China- just created resistance areas in cities mostly. i mostly ignore china.. sorry chinese
Dutch- Some reinforcement brought in to Batavia, SOerbaja. I want to make it slow and Laborious to take and requiring the prescence of KB. What if you need KB to take it? but you need KB to push beyond Rabaul?

Rangoon: I have ignored good advice I am going to defend PEGU. We are diging digging digging. The reason why I made this decision is that he is moving VERY slowly (i think) he likes to bomb bomb bomb and starve me out and then move in. This results in a slow advance. I think it is possible to hold pegu. But maybe not wise. we shall see...I may change my mind. He still doesnt have troops near Singapore.

USA CVs operating around Rabaul and gaining experience in combat.

< Message edited by godochaos -- 11/28/2012 11:23:08 PM >

(in reply to godochaos)
Post #: 98
RE: Hammer of the Gods Godochaos(A) vs Da Hammer(J) NO ... - 11/28/2012 11:39:39 PM   
BBfanboy

I don't blame you for being concerned about OpSec. There are sometimes spys passing info on to their buddies who happen to be your opponent, but these are quite rare. I think most breaches are inadvertent - as when someone mentions something from your AAR in another one, forgetting that your opponent may be reading it.

You strategy seems to have a good start - if Tracker is accurate and you really have sunk 9 of his 24 CLs so early! He only gets 5 more by 1945. Getting two CAs and seriously damaging Haguro is no mean feat either. I suggest you consider adding a couple of patrolling subs near each speed bump, if you have enough to spare. Sub torps are the best way to cripple or sink BBs in this game and most Japanese players like sending them on bombardment runs. Early in the game you do not need to fear Japanese ASW in shallow water - they completely lack experience and their depth charges only work down to 150 feet.

I have not yet begun to fight! OTOH I have not yet begun to flee. Hmmmmm - choices, choices -always with the choices.

(in reply to godochaos)
Post #: 99
RE: Hammer of the Gods Godochaos(A) vs Da Hammer(J) NO ... - 11/29/2012 4:42:14 PM   
godochaos

thanks BB thats good info, I did not really know all about getting into shallow water, i was like:AVOID AVOID AVOID

I will start probing some ports more, and if I see him coming to a place like Ambon I will add a sub or 2 to the mix

(in reply to BBfanboy)
Post #: 100
RE: Hammer of the Gods Godochaos(A) vs Da Hammer(J) NO ... - 11/29/2012 9:53:54 PM   
BBfanboy

One caveat - your subs do need to fear mines. An experienced Japanese player will mine ports he takes and some of yours too! Most subs seem to survive one mine hit but two or three is very dangerous. Put your subs in an enemy port only if the prize is worth it [recon or other intel]. If the port is size 2 or larger it is assumed to have anti sub nets and your subs will not be able to attack disbanded ships anchored there. Smaller ports do not have nets and you can torpedo ships at anchor. It may take several turns to get a shot at them though - if they sight your periscope your sub dives and does not attack.

I have not yet begun to fight! OTOH I have not yet begun to flee. Hmmmmm - choices, choices -always with the choices.

(in reply to godochaos)
Post #: 101
RE: Hammer of the Gods Godochaos(A) vs Da Hammer(J) NO ... - 11/29/2012 10:09:25 PM   
godochaos

k, yea i was thinking about mines, but definately defensively at ports he is inbound, or he took madang, so that would be a great candidate.
1-21-42
Ally subs torp an AK, Japs torp a TK near Suva

Japs unload at Madang, get bombed but we miss grrr
Betty raid on rangoon, 4 japs dest.

Japs bomb Singapore , clark, manilla, chusien
BB Kongo near Madjene 4 Hudsons miss it
KB raids Balikpapan and covers BB

We bombard Changsha and get 96
We hold off another del. atk at Langson

When you use a 2E bomber like Hudson or Marauder what altitude do you use for Naval Atk? im going 8k now.

(in reply to BBfanboy)
Post #: 102
RE: Hammer of the Gods Godochaos(A) vs Da Hammer(J) NO ... - 11/29/2012 10:53:21 PM   
BBfanboy

I use all level bombers on Low Naval because they never hit anything if they fly in the normal Nav B range above 4,000 feet. I use 1000 feet and they often get hits regardless of their level of training. You do do lose some to flak, but early in the war Japanese flak is weak. I am also expecting to lose most of those aircraft anyway, so they might as well accomplish something on their way out. I also try to pick vulnerable, soft-skinned targets like transports and avoid heavy CAP if I can. Being at very low altitude often dodges CAP as the ships don't see you until you are very close and the CAP has no chance to intercept. I send my fighters that can carry bombs in at 100 feet.

PS - I have been playing the AI on "Easy" setting while I get familiar with all the ins and outs of the game. At Normal setting you may get more losses and fewer hits than I did, but it will be better than high level bombing.

(in reply to godochaos)
Post #: 103
RE: Hammer of the Gods Godochaos(A) vs Da Hammer(J) NO ... - 11/29/2012 11:22:46 PM   
DOCUP

I second BBfanboys post above.  I use 1,000k ft for low nav.

(in reply to BBfanboy)
Post #: 104
RE: Hammer of the Gods Godochaos(A) vs Da Hammer(J) NO ... - 12/2/2012 5:54:21 PM   
godochaos

I'm glad i asked bout naval atk levels I thought 8k was the sweet spot, maybe we will actually hit now!

1-22-42
Jap Landing at Madjene, we miss on the bombing

Japs bomb sing, manilla, wuchow, johore bahru
We bomb wuchow and singkawang

KB raids koepang and kendari
Japs del. atk manilla we lose 1 fort
Langson holds, we bombard changsha and hit 205 (we brought in some artillery)

Attachment (1)

(in reply to DOCUP)
Post #: 105
RE: Hammer of the Gods Godochaos(A) vs Da Hammer(J) NO ... - 12/2/2012 5:59:20 PM   
godochaos

1-23-42
KBs raid, KB is very active now raiding and I've gotten a LOT of ships out of her grasp but she has also caught some TKs AVPS and some other misc ships. I'm a little dissapointed but I tell myself, hey its a huge carrier force, you cannot dodge it every time.

Japs subs sink 2x APs and it hurts!
We run the SAG at Ambon and sneak it up to raid legaspi, but the bad news is that it only gets one AKL

Rangoon sweeps we lose 1

Japs bomb manilla, sing, wenchow, wuchow, Johore Bahrum=, changsha (miss every time)
we bomb wuchow, changsha, singkawang

ASW at PH actually hits
Del atk at Langson holds
we bombard changsha and kill 51
Japs capture madjene
del atk manilla

Attachment (1)

(in reply to godochaos)
Post #: 106
RE: Hammer of the Gods Godochaos(A) vs Da Hammer(J) NO ... - 12/2/2012 6:21:34 PM   
godochaos

1-24-42
Ally subs torp PB

Japs bomb aing, wenchow, manilla, clark, changsha,pingsang
KB raids ambon sinnks a PC,AVP,AG,PG,TK
we bomb changsha, singkawang
we bombard changsha and kill 151

manilla del atk japs lose 1311 we lose 905
Lang son holds off another del atk

Allys do a shock attack to repulse jap landing at Ioilo and rout japs forcing retreat for loss of 300 japs
KB raids ambon. hard to stop KB around ambon, cant do much about it, I see a landing force coming. I have to hope its not strong enough to capture ambon.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to godochaos)
Post #: 107
RE: Hammer of the Gods Godochaos(A) vs Da Hammer(J) NO ... - 12/2/2012 9:00:34 PM   
godochaos

1-25
Japanese have a VERY active turn, landings at manus Is,Ocean, and Baker. Capture Ocean and Baker
Looks like the baker landing is 138 men but still, im not having it.

Jap subs hit a TK
Japs Bomb Clark, manilla, pingsiang,wenchow, wuchow
KB raids Ambon port for little result
KB naval atks sunk 3x DD 1xAD
KB raids Kendari and Ambon

Attachment (1)

(in reply to godochaos)
Post #: 108
RE: Hammer of the Gods Godochaos(A) vs Da Hammer(J) NO ... - 12/2/2012 9:06:44 PM   
godochaos

1-25-42 cont
We bomb wuchow and singkawang
Del atk Manilla 1154 japs hit 1116 ally fort still at 1 but manilla garrison badly battered by sustained air atks
Del atk near changsha we hold them off
Lang son holds of del atk but not for long
Allied bombardment of changsha 198 japs hit
Wenchow holds

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by godochaos -- 12/2/2012 9:07:51 PM >

(in reply to godochaos)
Post #: 109
RE: Hammer of the Gods Godochaos(A) vs Da Hammer(J) NO ... - 12/3/2012 5:14:09 PM   
godochaos

1-26
Japs take emerald isle. and manus
Ally subs hit AKL,PB, AK

Rangoon sweeps 3 oscars destroyed

Japs bomb singapore,wenchow,manilla,changsha,wuchow,johore bahru,balikpapan, pingsiang

We bomb singkawang, changsha,wuchow

Ally CV raid on rabaul sinks DD and AO

KB raids kendarri, and ambon no planes hit at ambon
invasion of kendarri we hold so far, bombard and kill 77

del atk near changsha goes bad for us we lose 1000, langson surprises me and continues to hold
We bombard changsha and kill 164, he bombard changsha and it goes bad for him

(in reply to godochaos)
Post #: 110
RE: Hammer of the Gods Godochaos(A) vs Da Hammer(J) NO ... - 12/3/2012 11:28:53 PM   
godochaos

1-27 hot turn
Japs continue landing at Kendarri, land and take nauru island, land at mavado
Jap sub torps an AP
our subs miss

HMS Warspite bombards rabaul and hits like a ton of bricks

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by godochaos -- 12/3/2012 11:36:52 PM >

(in reply to godochaos)
Post #: 111
RE: Hammer of the Gods Godochaos(A) vs Da Hammer(J) NO ... - 12/3/2012 11:36:23 PM   
godochaos

1-27 cont..
Soooooo.... notice in the pic above that there are a LOT of aircraft at rabaul waiting for my CV bombers to come and bomb them right? NOPE they refuse to fly. Thanks primadonna carrier pilots(dauntless), seriously I cannot rely on these guys at all. My 2nd carrier group up north at Kavieng is within 7 of naval targets and refuses to fly also!
Devastators do however fly and raid rabaul port and kavieng port

Ally TF bombards singkawang for mod. dmg
Japs bombard kendari light dmg

Japs bomb wenchow, i didnt take notes on other targets for some reason, probably they bombed manilla clark sing too
Rangoon sweep 2 oscars dest.

Langson holds off another atk, Manilla holds a del atk, We bombard at changsha killing 101
KB bombs Kendari
KB bombs ambon

Attachment (1)

(in reply to godochaos)
Post #: 112
RE: Hammer of the Gods Godochaos(A) vs Da Hammer(J) NO ... - 12/4/2012 10:51:10 PM   
godochaos

2 Questions:

1 - what is a good altitude for a carrier based dive bomber(dauntless) to bomb and airfield? I have them at 10k

2- I had an infantry regiment get gutted when its AP was sunk, but part of it was in an AK. its now at Suva basically with a lot of equipt. and no squads. What can i do? will it get replacements? I assume its basically KO'd for like a 6-12 months

(in reply to godochaos)
Post #: 113
RE: Hammer of the Gods Godochaos(A) vs Da Hammer(J) NO ... - 12/5/2012 3:55:26 AM   
BBfanboy

DBs are most accurate when in a diving attack. They only do that between 10 and 15k. Otherwise they level bomb or glide bomb. Set your altitude to be just above most flak and in the dive attack range.

Ground units need to be at a major base with lots of supply to gain squads at a reasonable rate. The rate increases if the regiment can sub-divide into battalions. Each bn will draw squads as they become available from production. I think HQs also help fill out the unit, but I am unsure if they increase the fill rate or just enable some replacements with less supply available.

(in reply to godochaos)
Post #: 114
RE: Hammer of the Gods Godochaos(A) vs Da Hammer(J) NO ... - 12/5/2012 5:02:42 AM   
godochaos

BB thx for info!

1-28
Japs bomb changsha wuchow johore bahru, pingsian, manilla
we bomb wuchow, changsha

KB raids ambon kendarri
We raid rabaul AF with 1 CV severe weather hampers raid
we raid kavieng port hit 2xDD's

Langson holds off del atk
Del atk seizes Kendari much to my surprise because i was fort 2 congrats to the SNLF
we bombard changsha hitting 111 japs

(in reply to BBfanboy)
Post #: 115
RE: Hammer of the Gods Godochaos(A) vs Da Hammer(J) NO ... - 12/5/2012 5:04:52 AM   
godochaos

1-29
we get 6 hits on a jap sub at east coast, jap subs torp a TK which lives
Jap SAG sinks a PC near ambon
SAG battle at Kendari

Attachment (1)

(in reply to godochaos)
Post #: 116
RE: Hammer of the Gods Godochaos(A) vs Da Hammer(J) NO ... - 12/5/2012 5:14:01 AM   
godochaos

1-29 continued
Japanese CA Maya SAG seeks revenge on SAG and shootout batters 2 x Ally DD's but they get away
Japs bomb manilla and hit like 300 in one turn,singapore, wuchow,wenchow,balikpapan, and Johore Bahru
Ally CVs raid rabaul, lots of planes but little results possibly due to bad weather
allies bomb wuchow, kendari we hit a AP and b-17s that hit 117 on ground
KB raids ambon dmg 12 planes
We bombard changsha for 200ish

Langson holds off a del. atk

(in reply to godochaos)
Post #: 117
RE: Hammer of the Gods Godochaos(A) vs Da Hammer(J) NO ... - 12/5/2012 9:13:03 PM   
godochaos

1-30
KB heading SE from manado, looping down to Rabaul looking angry
2nd landing at Manado
Japs conduct a landing at wenchow, unexpected thats for sure
ally ASW hits 2 subs, shock ensues. dutch sub torps an AK
Japs bomb sing, manilla, wenchow, johore bahru, changsha,balikpapan
Allied carriers hit Rabaul again
we bomb wenchow and changsha for modest success
Langson holds off anther del. atk but not for long
changsha bombard we only get 88 hits
Manilla FALLLLLLllllllllSSSSssssssszzzzzz but we conduct a mostly orderly retreat to clark, and only 1 unit surrenders. these wounded units will be pulled back to bataan and then rested. clark fort is 3(50%)

Attachment (1)

(in reply to godochaos)
Post #: 118
RE: Hammer of the Gods Godochaos(A) vs Da Hammer(J) NO ... - 12/5/2012 9:19:06 PM   
godochaos

Notes:
So why arent my dive bombers at ambon causing trouble? well i actually read the manual(a little) and airfield dmg is too high

KB has decided that this situation at Rabaul is intolerable(next turn its going to get a lot worse). KB is heading to rabaul with a vengeance, which seems good because now I can do a lot more in the dutch area, i love trying to strip oil and fuel out of that region and trying to thwart his landings without KB being a JERK. BUT this opens a whole new can of worms, KB is a hot potato and now that hot potato is landing in sopac. in sopac I have been enjoying running my transports around with no opposition except subs. now I got too worry about KB. whats she gonna do?

Rabaul airfield damage = 100 after next turn

(in reply to godochaos)
Post #: 119
RE: Hammer of the Gods Godochaos(A) vs Da Hammer(J) NO ... - 12/6/2012 2:20:15 AM   
godochaos

1-31
2 SAG fights happened at Kendarri, we got the worst of it and 3x DDs bite the dust after the battles, here is a screen of the 1st battle

Attachment (1)

(in reply to godochaos)
Post #: 120
Page:   <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> After Action Reports >> RE: Hammer of the Gods Godochaos(A) vs Da Hammer(J) NO DA HAMMER PLS Page: <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI