Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Movement bug?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Tech Support >> Movement bug? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Movement bug? - 10/28/2012 7:12:53 PM   
koniu

Game is played under 1119b

I have notice that earlier but was not sure. But now i am

Look at TF 438, TF 437, TF 415 and 431

Mission speed. So TF should move 4 hexes at night and 4 at day. But instead TF move 13 hexes. So in one of move phases TF was moving at full.
No enemy around. No air danger. But TF commanders decide to use full speed.

I have that feeling that TFa are using full speed without orders from point when we upgraded to new betas. But today i have proof.

I read somewhere that anther players also have mentioning that they seen TFs moving on full speed when ordered to mission

Michaelm, in answer please keep intel details to You as this in ongoing PBEM

Save before move

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by koniu -- 10/28/2012 8:16:35 PM >

"Only the Dead Have Seen the End of War"
Post #: 1
RE: Movement bug? - 10/28/2012 7:14:50 PM   
koniu

Save after movement

Attachment (1)

(in reply to koniu)
Post #: 2
RE: Movement bug? - 10/29/2012 7:02:31 AM   
koniu

It also look like it only apply to new created TFs in turn they are created. After that they move normal.

(in reply to koniu)
Post #: 3
RE: Movement bug? - 10/29/2012 7:11:03 AM   
Erkki

Same thing here, and seems to only happen with CV and SC TFs. Forcing cruise speed for a TF with damaged ships in it did nothing - they decided to warp 13 hex in 24 hours any way. Had this happen at least 8 times already and its only turn 6.

edit: beta 1117 here

(in reply to koniu)
Post #: 4
RE: Movement bug? - 10/30/2012 6:55:56 AM   
Erkki

Okay now that I actually looked through most of my TFs... I found that of the ones that were moving, HALF moved more than they should have. Looks like the only way to prevent this is to set "remain on station"(that doesnt allow reaction) and set the target hex only as far as one would want the TF to move that turn. And they use FLANK SPEED ANY WAY - quite annoying when KB does this every other day in the very beginning of the campaign, nearly runs itself out of fuel and suffers sys damage.

(in reply to Erkki)
Post #: 5
RE: Movement bug? - 10/30/2012 7:20:57 AM   
koniu

quote:

ORIGINAL: Erkki

Okay now that I actually looked through most of my TFs... I found that of the ones that were moving, HALF moved more than they should have. Looks like the only way to prevent this is to set "remain on station"(that doesnt allow reaction) and set the target hex only as far as one would want the TF to move that turn. And they use FLANK SPEED ANY WAY - quite annoying when KB does this every other day in the very beginning of the campaign, nearly runs itself out of fuel and suffers sys damage.

Behaving like this can cripple entire operation. Especially for Japanese player with limited fuel reserve for ops. If we add to that sys damage taken by ships. Not fun at all.

I hope Michaelm will look at this to at lest confirm it is a bug or WAD and we doing something wrong with settings.

Erkki: If You can add saves. Maybe that will help with explaining that behavior

< Message edited by koniu -- 10/30/2012 7:29:49 AM >

(in reply to Erkki)
Post #: 6
RE: Movement bug? - 10/30/2012 7:41:41 AM   
KenchiSulla

I have observed the same issues within the latest beta...

AKA Cannonfodder

"It happened, therefore it can happen again: this is the core of what we have to say. It can happen, and it can happen everywhere.”
¯ Primo Levi, writer, holocaust survivo

(in reply to koniu)
Post #: 7
RE: Movement bug? - 10/30/2012 7:45:26 AM   
Erkki

quote:

ORIGINAL: koniu

quote:

ORIGINAL: Erkki

Behaving like this can cripple entire operation. Especially for Japanese player with limited fuel reserve for ops. If we add to that sys damage taken by ships. Not fun at all.

I hope Michaelm will look at this to at lest confirm it is a bug or WAD and we doing something wrong with settings.

Erkki: If You can add saves. Maybe that will help with explaining that behavior

I'm not home at the moment but I could do that later today. Or I could always email/drop-box the saves to michaelm. My AAR has more detailed observations and I can provide a tracker database and point where and when I've noticed this to happen.

edit: should be noted that the beta that I am using is (IIRC) 1117, so not the very latest, but close.

< Message edited by Erkki -- 10/30/2012 7:46:36 AM >

(in reply to koniu)
Post #: 8
RE: Movement bug? - 10/31/2012 7:13:44 AM   
Erkki

Any ideas or suggestions? I will try to reinstall the beta patch today as the resolution is done with the Jap players' gae... but I doubt that it will help.

As it is the game is pretty much unplayable as managing TFs is very difficult + they burn much more fuel and suffer damage.

I want my fuel bug back in place of this one...

(in reply to Erkki)
Post #: 9
RE: Movement bug? - 11/1/2012 10:36:16 AM   
koniu

Any info about confirmation ar deny that this this is a bug?

(in reply to Erkki)
Post #: 10
RE: Movement bug? - 11/1/2012 2:03:23 PM   
michaelm75au

Looking at just one of the TF, it switched to mission speed (ie 9 hex) due to being near its destination.
This is a valid - Surface combat TF near destination, Bombardment TF running in.
However, the check is if the range to the destination is less than the max hex per pulse (12) without considering the actual mission speed of the TF.
It should consider the mission speed also.

[edit] this has been the case back for last 3 patches. it is not a beta patch issue. but i think that it is incorrect as it stands

[edit]
included in 1119g. interesting to see what impacts it has on bombardment run-ins.

< Message edited by michaelm -- 11/2/2012 10:40:21 AM >

Michael

(in reply to koniu)
Post #: 11
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Tech Support >> Movement bug? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI