Matrix Games Forums

Deal of the Week Battle Academy Battle Academy 2 Out now!Legions of Steel ready for betaBattle Academy 2 gets trailers and Steam page!Deal of the Week Germany at WarSlitherine Group acquires Shenandoah StudioNew information and screenshots for Pike & ShotDeal of the Week Pride of NationsTo End All Wars Releasing on Steam! Slitherine is recruiting: Programmers required
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

supplies to gifu

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> The War Room >> supplies to gifu Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
supplies to gifu - 10/28/2012 5:47:25 PM   
panzer cat

I'm trying to repair damaged research factories in Gifu. I've moved in a command HQ, raised the supplies needed indicator to 15k and have even attempted to fly in supplies. The supply level never rises above 9700.

thanks
Post #: 1
RE: supplies to gifu - 10/28/2012 6:10:05 PM   
jetjockey

Check the supply "request" at your other cities. I've found that if say Tokyo is set to +25K, it sucks all the available supplies. I set all cities to +1K, cities that have industry to +5K, and "export" cities to +6K or +7K. Balance is very important.

(in reply to panzer cat)
Post #: 2
RE: supplies to gifu - 10/28/2012 6:39:13 PM   
Sardaukar

You can also set "Stockpile" on for Gifu..so that supply will mainly stay there.

"To meaningless French Idealism, Liberty, Fraternity and Equality...we answer with German Realism, Infantry, Cavalry and Artillery" -Prince von Bülov, 1870-

(in reply to jetjockey)
Post #: 3
RE: supplies to gifu - 10/28/2012 10:52:25 PM   
panzer cat

I'll try both suggestions, I've been playing a pbem for a year and I don't think I'll ever master it.

(in reply to jetjockey)
Post #: 4
RE: supplies to gifu - 10/28/2012 11:54:16 PM   
jetjockey

quote:

ORIGINAL: panzer cat

I'll try both suggestions, I've been playing a pbem for a year and I don't think I'll ever master it.

Join the Club.

(in reply to panzer cat)
Post #: 5
RE: supplies to gifu - 10/29/2012 7:15:44 AM   
n01487477

quote:

Email me if you want me to have a look...

-Damian-
EconDoc
TrackerAE
Tutes&Java

(in reply to panzer cat)
Post #: 6
RE: supplies to gifu - 10/29/2012 7:22:38 AM   
Puhis

quote:

I'm trying to repair damaged research factories in Gifu. I've moved in a command HQ, raised the supplies needed indicator to 15k and have even attempted to fly in supplies. The supply level never rises above 9700.

thanks

There is three possible reasons.

1) Your bases have totally wrong supply draw settings (I think this is most common reason)
2) Your bases have wrong supply draw setting, and your supply level is low.
3) You have ruined your economy and there's no enough supply.

There is no magic tricks to get enough supply to Gifu. You don't need HQ there. Check all you bases. None of them should request more that about 7000 supply, usually 4000 or 5000 is enough for most of the industry bases. Some bases don't need to request supply at all. If some of your bases is asking maximum supply +25k, that's is going to totally screw supply flow. Use only setting +4k...+7k.

(in reply to panzer cat)
Post #: 7
RE: supplies to gifu - 10/29/2012 7:25:22 AM   
n01487477

quote:

ORIGINAL: Puhis

quote:

thanks

There is three possible reasons.

1) Your bases have totally wrong supply draw settings (I think this is most common reason)
2) Your bases have wrong supply draw setting, and your supply level is low.
3) You have ruined your economy and there's no enough supply.

There is no magic tricks to get enough supply to Gifu. You don't need HQ there. Check all you bases. None of them should request more that about 7000 supply, usually 4000 or 5000 is enough for most of the industry bases. Some bases don't need to request supply at all. If some of your bases is asking maximum supply +25k, that's is going to totally screw supply flow. Use only setting +4k...+7k.

I'll add one more to the Puhis ...
4) Using the stockpile supply switch (incorrectly or without understanding what it will do down the supply chain)

Oh, and you're right there is no magic to it

-Damian-
EconDoc
TrackerAE
Tutes&Java

(in reply to Puhis)
Post #: 8
RE: supplies to gifu - 10/29/2012 5:08:17 PM   
panzer cat

I'll go through all of my bases in japan, some have draw settings for expanding factories. I read a post that command hq's draw supplies. No doubt in my mind that I've destroyed my economy, but this game is into jan 43, 1 day turns, I'm getting my ass kicked and still havieng a great time. Yep I'm a dead ender, the allies will have to take Tokyo.

(in reply to n01487477)
Post #: 9
RE: supplies to gifu - 10/30/2012 1:58:30 AM   
n01487477

quote:

I'll go through all of my bases in japan, some have draw settings for expanding factories. I read a post that command hq's draw supplies. No doubt in my mind that I've destroyed my economy, but this game is into jan 43, 1 day turns, I'm getting my ass kicked and still havieng a great time. Yep I'm a dead ender, the allies will have to take Tokyo.

Email sent ...

-Damian-
EconDoc
TrackerAE
Tutes&Java

(in reply to panzer cat)
Post #: 10
RE: supplies to gifu - 10/30/2012 6:22:53 PM   
panzer cat

Thanks for the help everyone. The problem was solved in 2 turns. Now to fix my economy.

Problems: Actions
1) Tokyo was drawing to much supply-changed setting
2) Stockpiled supplies at Gifu-worked, supplies shot up to 12k
3) Checked all of the Bases in Japan, reset all supply request to 0 or 3500
4) Received econ101 advice from n0148477, very helpful. I'll sty in touch.
5) Over expansion of the industrial base-shut down what I can't support.

panzer cat

(in reply to n01487477)
Post #: 11
RE: supplies to gifu - 10/30/2012 7:31:26 PM   
Puhis

Good. Once you figure out how to do it, next time there is no problems to get supplies where you want (in Home islands).

It's not hard at all, but I think in the beginning every player one have some problems. At least I had.

(in reply to panzer cat)
Post #: 12
RE: supplies to gifu - 10/30/2012 10:33:20 PM   
jetjockey

Good job.

(in reply to Puhis)
Post #: 13
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> The War Room >> supplies to gifu Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI