Matrix Games Forums

To End All Wars Releasing on Steam! Slitherine is recruiting: Programmers requiredPandora: Eclipse of Nashira gets release dateCommunity impressions of To End All WarsAgeod's To End All Wars is now availableTo End All Wars is now available!Deal of the Week: Field of GloryTo End All Wars: Video, AAR and Interview!Ageod's To End All Wars: Video, AAR and Interview!To End All Wars: Artillery
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Can one save in multiplayer?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Scourge of War Series >> Can one save in multiplayer? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Can one save in multiplayer? - 10/28/2012 2:22:45 PM   
schmolywar

Let say you play one of the full campaigns in multiplayer. Can one save the game and play later?

"The Russian advance over this hastily improvised road, constructed with the aid of the most primitive facilities, was, for a time,accompanied by the strains of band music.".

-Peculiarities of russian warfare
Post #: 1
RE: Can one save in multiplayer? - 10/28/2012 5:05:24 PM   
Garnier

You can save during a multiplayer game, and then load the savegame in singleplayer later.

But you can't launch a multiplayer game using a saved game.

(in reply to schmolywar)
Post #: 2
RE: Can one save in multiplayer? - 10/28/2012 6:12:19 PM   
schmolywar

Hmmm, Ive noticed this in almost all interesting games on the market.

Is this very hard to implement for some reason? Surely this would be a must in MP. Or are people only playing short skirmishes?

Why not take the operational aspect into MP? Development time issues?

< Message edited by schmolywar -- 10/28/2012 6:15:53 PM >

"The Russian advance over this hastily improvised road, constructed with the aid of the most primitive facilities, was, for a time,accompanied by the strains of band music.".

-Peculiarities of russian warfare

(in reply to Garnier)
Post #: 3
RE: Can one save in multiplayer? - 10/28/2012 9:03:03 PM   
Garnier

It doesn't implement itself.

Most MP games are between one and two hours long. Saving a larger MP game would be pointless often, since next time you play, there would be a different group of people available.

If you play a two player long scenario, yeah it would be nice to save. But the vast majority of man-hours of MP are more than two players, so far. I suppose there are other things that are easier to implement and are more important.

(in reply to schmolywar)
Post #: 4
RE: Can one save in multiplayer? - 10/29/2012 6:34:57 PM   
Norb

There is a way to 'kind' of do what you want, but I haven't looked into it for a while. You can create a scenario during a game or even from the saved game and then you can launch the new game from the scenario. Saved games have a ton of info that is just not sent across during init and it would be a big effort to get it all right. But there are ways, and I'm sorry I can't remember them now, to save the locations of forces and create the scenario from the current situation. Our designers use this for troop placement.

(in reply to Garnier)
Post #: 5
RE: Can one save in multiplayer? - 11/17/2012 11:42:17 PM   
ETF

quote:

ORIGINAL: Garnier

You can save during a multiplayer game, and then load the savegame in singleplayer later.

But you can't launch a multiplayer game using a saved game.

WTF?

Why?

My Top Matrix Games 1)CMANO 2) War In the East/Pacific AE 3) Ageod's ACW 4) Panther Games

Twitter PC Wargamer
https://twitter.com/TacticWargamer

www.facebook.com/wargamesimulations

(in reply to Garnier)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Scourge of War Series >> Can one save in multiplayer? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI