Matrix Games Forums

Deal of the Week Battle Academy Battle Academy 2 Out now!Legions of Steel ready for betaBattle Academy 2 gets trailers and Steam page!Deal of the Week Germany at WarSlitherine Group acquires Shenandoah StudioNew information and screenshots for Pike & ShotDeal of the Week Pride of NationsTo End All Wars Releasing on Steam! Slitherine is recruiting: Programmers required
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Those poor, poor Russians

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> John Tiller's Campaign Series >> Those poor, poor Russians Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Those poor, poor Russians - 10/28/2012 3:54:22 AM   
Darino

Playing the Barbarosa North campaign as the Russians, up to December/1943. My question is, do the Russians EVER get any tanks better than the Mark IV's? Otherwise, i may as well not bother playing much further, as the Germans have plenty of Panzer IVF2's, V's, and VIE's. And Lord knows the Russian infantry is useless, as well as all i have are the 45 mm anti-tank guns. Plus the Germans have about 2 dozen artillery pieces, and I am lucky to have a couple units of 76mm field guns. I have made it to Brigadier General and have gotten my army size increased to it's full potential i assume. So, are the Mark IV's it for my poor comrades?? lol

(funny though, when i have played as the germans, the russians have all these assualt tanks with amazing fire power by the beginning of 1943, and deadly artillery at the very beginning of the campaign itself, including 85 mm guns, while i have been lucky to get the IVF2's by the beginning of 1943. Yeah...i am whining..ha!)
Post #: 1
RE: Those poor, poor Russians - 10/28/2012 2:12:47 PM   
Warhorse

Well, if you feel like some editing each scenario, you can open the CPN file and replace the different tanks with other types, or, you can change the org files to only give certain types! Either way involves editing, probably better in the long run to go the campaign00.oob direction, and change the types. Takes awhile, and always back up your stock files, but it works!!

Mike Amos

Meine Ehre heißt Treue

(in reply to Darino)
Post #: 2
RE: Those poor, poor Russians - 10/28/2012 6:29:51 PM   
Warhorse

What unit are you playing as?

Mike Amos

Meine Ehre heißt Treue

(in reply to Warhorse)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> John Tiller's Campaign Series >> Those poor, poor Russians Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI