IJN Opponent wanted for stock campaign[CLOSED]

Post here to meet players for PBEM games and generally engage in ribbing and banter about your prowess.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

godochaos

IJN Opponent wanted for stock campaign[CLOSED]

Post by godochaos »

Me - inexperienced, I have some holes in my knowledge of the game, I believe I am on the right track strategy-wise I just don't always know how to get the game to do what I want it to do. I'm also pretty easy going, friendly, mature, and responsible. I think the Allies will be fine for me as long as I can be patient and conservative, I have played the campaign as the allies and I am on my 2nd attempt at that and I am doing a little too well to have it be a tense game against the AI.

You - I would prefer to play someone who is not super experienced, but I believe that a new player could easily mess up Japans economy so I acknowledge that It might be a bad Idea for me to take on a noob. So I think I am looking for a journeymen. Someone who has enough knowledge not to destroy Japans economy within 6 months. It would be nice to have an opponent that I could ask questions of about the game, but maybe I will start and AAR and solicit help. It would be good to NOT take on someone who want to perfect there conquest of Seattle by 43' strategy lol.

Let me know if you have any other questions, and thanks
godochaos

RE: IJN Opponent wanted for stock campaign

Post by godochaos »

I wanted to add that I have a lot of free time and can complete turns in a timely fashion and with great turn around(of course the 1st few turns will take a lot of time as you have to go and micromanage a lot)
I think I would prefer someone who has enough time to not have too much time in between turns (not like days and days)
Uncivil Engineer

Post by Uncivil Engineer »

Would you consider the Reluctant Admiral mod instead of stock?

I have another PBEM going (end of March 42), but going slowly (we've progressed 6 weeks in game time since July). I can do a turn per day for both PBEM's if required (I'm retired).
godochaos

Post by godochaos »

I definately would consider it. But as I understand it, doesn't that mod give the Japanese a number of extra vessels and other help? I'm not necessarily opposed to that but if I'm not an experienced player then it seems like giving you help out of the gate may not be wise. BUT if we could balance it out by maybe giving me decent torpedoes option or something?
Actually I may be making assumptions about it.
Tell me your thoughts, I dont know a whole lot about RA. I just read a little about it.

I'm currently taking care of our 2 yr old(god help me) so I can give you great turn turn-around every day
Uncivil Engineer

Post by Uncivil Engineer »

Reluctant Admiral basically gives Japan about a 6 month headstart on production, better initial disposition of Army units, and some additional ships. For your first PBEM game you should probably stick with the stock scenarios. Sorry for suggesting RA.
godochaos

Post by godochaos »

If I wasn't inexperienced I would go for it, but I'm willing to consider it as a new player, but I think it would be wise for me to ask for concessions in return.

No need to apologize
godochaos

Post by godochaos »

Opponent found
see Hammer of the gods AAR if you want to help a new pbem player!

Return to “Opponents Wanted”